***Official November 2016 Thread***

And if necessary, rent a locker. DD at 6.5 didn't use a stroller; not planning on one for our upcoming trip either.

I'm in the same FP boat we can make ours this Sunday and I need to get a better game plan now that DD's settled into college. I'm trying to schedule SW dessert party but they wont release November dates till the beginning of October :mad:. I have to keep a couple nights free since I don't know exactly when I can book it. I know everyone is having frustration with scheduling FP's when so much is up in the air.

I left a couple of Afternoon/Night free when I booked my FP+, although now hoping that they co-inside with the SW Dessert Party or AK night or there's going to be some last minute panics and changes lol :scared:

Lucky, I am so bummed about BTMR being closed when I'm there :worried:

I am hoping against hope, that they have some soft opening. Know it's pie in the sky thinking; But I've worked out that if I can keep lying and pretending to myself I might get on, I'll only be really depressed about it on my last day and seeing I'll be leaving anyway, I will already be blue lol

And double lucky you, with the potty training, as it's a bit of a struggle as DS is non-verbal and has some development issues. But hey you've gotta start somewhere, just not advisable on FP+ day :rotfl:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, for a soft opening!

I found potty training to be one of the hardest things with my dd but with my son, he took to it really well. How is it going for you? I know it's off topic.

Also I've just realised that my FP day is Tuesday and I have to pick ds up from nursery at 11.50 :mad:. So I'm dreading it now...actually I'm gonna double check what day it is ( FP ) cause I'm totally confused lol :confused3

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, for a soft opening!

I found potty training to be one of the hardest things with my dd but with my son, he took to it really well. How is it going for you? I know it's off topic.

Also I've just realized that my FP day is Tuesday and I have to pick ds up from nursery at 11.50 :mad:. So I'm dreading it now...actually I'm gonna double check what day it is ( FP ) cause I'm totally confused lol :confused3

I wouldn't worry too much as there seems to be an abundance of FP at the moment, I didn't have to struggle for any of mine and was even able to change them round a few days later (DH decided he wanted a opinion - the cheek of it, he'll be thinking it's his holiday to soon lol :rotfl:)

November from what I can see is looking like it might be a bit quieter, Well quieter by Disney standards (so still a bit busy lol).

As for the PT, aw thanks for asking, it's not going great but slightly better than I expected.

It's turned into some slapstick comedy of trying to get him to it in time, then flailing about trying to get him to recognize the sign language and the picture cards for what he's doing - at least I have Disney to sustain me - When it all goes wrong, I'm starting to glaze over and hum Festival of Fantasy lol

Advice please! My daughter doesn't want to bring a double stroller because it is a "pain ". Her children are 7 and 9. My daughter-in-law is bringing a double for 7,8,10 and 12. We are going to MVMCP. I feel we will need a double even more in November than 3 years ago in September/October- sweatshirts,water, parade blanket, etc. Help!!!!! There are 8 adults and 4 kids TIA
Those ages are way to old for a stroller. My 8 year old son would be mortified if I brought along a stroller for him. I can't imagine trying to push it with a child that size either

Advice please! My daughter doesn't want to bring a double stroller because it is a "pain ". Her children are 7 and 9. My daughter-in-law is bringing a double for 7,8,10 and 12. We are going to MVMCP. I feel we will need a double even more in November than 3 years ago in September/October- sweatshirts,water, parade blanket, etc. Help!!!!! There are 8 adults and 4 kids TIA

Remember if it becomes an issue, you can rent a stroller. My 5 yr old could have used one a couple different times through a 5 day trip but it ended up not being a problem... but I had a stroller sign ready just in case we rented one:D

I'm just shocked you can get strollers that will accommodate kids of that age, it was a nightmare in the UK trying to find a Stroller big enough for our 3 year old - ending up paying over the odd to make sure we had something.

Would have rented one, but I will need it in the airport, as I think that might be a bit overwhelming for him.

Please don't let this thread become a stroller debate! Everyone knows their own child. If they want a stroller for their older child that is up to them.
Although I will add that last November was our first stroller free trip with our youngest reaching school age and it was awesome to be free of it!! We had a 10 day trip with 9 days in the parks and they - 5 and 7 - did great. That being said, we have very active kids who don't sit around much between dance, soccer, flag football, baseball, softball, etc. And they are my kids - which I don't believe in relaxing vacations lol so they don't really have a choice! I'm out to see and do everything when we go somewhere!

Also have to add - fastpasses are made!!! I'm so excited - did them Monday when I woke up while on our mini trip :) Spent Saturday at Cedar Point all day, then all day at the water park at Great Wolf Lodge and then woke up Monday and got the fastpasses done before heading back to Cedar Point! Now that we're home from that mini trip it's so real that our next trip is Disney World!!!!

I'm RENTING a stroller this trip.:dogdance:

Last trip we lugged our sit and stand stroller with us for our 2 day drive to disney, with 5 people... In Our PRIUS.
It was total hell being crammed in the tiny car for 2 days. I'm hoping not bringing the stroller from home will help to reduce some of the cramped in the car feeling. Although I'm nervous about it being a double stroller as I've never used one of those.

My trip guru just gave me the heads up the the Haunted Mansion will be under maintenance the week I'll be there (last week of Nov. into 1st week of Dec.), thought some might like this heads up.

I wouldn't worry too much as there seems to be an abundance of FP at the moment, I didn't have to struggle for any of mine and was even able to change them round a few days later (DH decided he wanted a opinion - the cheek of it, he'll be thinking it's his holiday to soon lol :rotfl:)

November from what I can see is looking like it might be a bit quieter, Well quieter by Disney standards (so still a bit busy lol).

As for the PT, aw thanks for asking, it's not going great but slightly better than I expected.

It's turned into some slapstick comedy of trying to get him to it in time, then flailing about trying to get him to recognize the sign language and the picture cards for what he's doing - at least I have Disney to sustain me - When it all goes wrong, I'm starting to glaze over and hum Festival of Fantasy lol
Thank you for the reassurance :) I will definitely be picking him up in the car so we can get home asap. He might even have to wait for his dinner :rolleyes1 What a cruel mother :laughing:

Aw bless him. It can be Soo stressful! Good luck with it (PT). Last night I put my ds to bed with no nappy.....FAIL! But I think I'm gonna stick with it :confused3

Last trip we lugged our sit and stand stroller with us for our 2 day drive to disney, with 5 people... In Our PRIUS.
It was total hell being crammed in the tiny car for 2 days. I'm hoping not bringing the stroller from home will help to reduce some of the cramped in the car feeling. Although I'm nervous about it being a double stroller as I've never used one of those.

My trip guru just gave me the heads up the the Haunted Mansion will be under maintenance the week I'll be there (last week of Nov. into 1st week of Dec.), thought some might like this heads up.
Ooooh interesting, I haven't seen this info about HM anywhere! I will have to make sure I do this at the beginning of the trip. Thanks for the heads up :)

We used a sit n stand on our last trip in May when our kids were 2 and almost 6. It works for us because if the elder is tired or we're in a hurry he can hop on, but he can easily walk on his own too. I'm not sure when our next family trip will be and whether or not we'll use the sit n stand again, but we'll likely still need a stroller for our youngest so the sit n stand may come along. We'll see. I am looking at taking the kids to Disneyland in January when I go, but may just rent a stroller at the parks so I don't have to bring a big one on the plane.

I will say, that when my teenager was 9 he definitely didn't need a stroller. I know there can be a lot of stuff to carry around, but it is actually less as the kids get older. We used a backpack in the parks when we didn't need a stroller and got our oldest a little water bottle carrier he could wear. There's also the option of getting a locker if there are bulkier things like sweatshirts and blankets you want for evening. (Although we just sit on the curb/ground for parades and fireworks...don't want to carry any more than I have to!)

I saw that, they did the same on our early Dec trip in 2014, but it opened early as they finished early (I know, shocking!). We are there till the 8th Dec so fingers crossed!

I don't think I would bring a stroller either for those ages. Strollers are awkward and annoying to me. I wouldn't even use them when our kids were babies, as I would rather just carry them, haha. I'd rather bring a backpack for blankets than push a stroller, but that's just me.

Also, you can always get a locker to store stuff like sweatshirts and parade blankets until you need them. Cheaper than a stroller, and less of a pain!

Please don't let this thread become a stroller debate! Everyone knows their own child. If they want a stroller for their older child that is up to them.
Although I will add that last November was our first stroller free trip with our youngest reaching school age and it was awesome to be free of it!! We had a 10 day trip with 9 days in the parks and they - 5 and 7 - did great. That being said, we have very active kids who don't sit around much between dance, soccer, flag football, baseball, softball, etc. And they are my kids - which I don't believe in relaxing vacations lol so they don't really have a choice! I'm out to see and do everything when we go somewhere!

Also have to add - fastpasses are made!!! I'm so excited - did them Monday when I woke up while on our mini trip :) Spent Saturday at Cedar Point all day, then all day at the water park at Great Wolf Lodge and then woke up Monday and got the fastpasses done before heading back to Cedar Point! Now that we're home from that mini trip it's so real that our next trip is Disney World!!!!

I agree, kind of. It's not cool to attack someone else's parenting decisions. However, in this case, it sounds like the mother of the children doesn't want a stroller either. It's the grandparent who wants a stroller for the kids. If it was me who was the mother, I think I'd be a little annoyed. Who wants to be stuck with a big double stroller for kids who are aged 7-12?

She shouldn't need a double at all. Maybe, just maybe, a light stroller for the 7 year old if you are planning on being out and about all day, especially if you are bringing stuff with you. A double stroller is a lot more of a pain to maneuver than a single.

I'm feeling stressed about Rivers of Light. I'm assuming it will be open by the end of November and I know it will be a fast pass attraction... I'm guessing it's gonna be crazy popular too.
I have a feeling I wont be able to book a fast pass for it when my window opens up since it's still in limbo :(

I'm feeling stressed about Rivers of Light. I'm assuming it will be open by the end of November and I know it will be a fast pass attraction... I'm guessing it's gonna be crazy popular too.
I have a feeling I wont be able to book a fast pass for it when my window opens up since it's still in limbo :(

Aww, don't feel stressed! I get this way too when there is so much uncertainty, since I'm a planning addict. Do you have park hoppers? Can you leave some evenings open, if ROL is very important to you? There's no telling if it will even be ready in November, so try not to worry about it too much! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter