***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

Someone needs to make a nov 2014 page

But are we all going to leave here? I kinda like our cozy little group!

Besides, I won't be going next year. : ( My oldest asked my husband last week when we can go back...he got grumbles as an answer. I asked my son what he liked best...the frogs and lizards at POR. He wants to stay there again but I'm hoping to talk him into the Cabins. There should be enough wildlife there to keep him happy I would think. Now just to decide on when I want to go. Nov 2015, or late winter 2016? My middle son said that if we can't talk daddy into going I could just take each one of them individually by myself. Um, sure. That sounds like a great plan to me! Three Disney vacations. Yes! That's my boy! Always thinking of his Momma! :lovestruc
Oh, and shhh. Don't tell my husband I'm making plans. ;)

Besides, I won't be going next year. : ( My oldest asked my husband last week when we can go back...he got grumbles as an answer. I asked my son what he liked best...the frogs and lizards at POR. He wants to stay there again but I'm hoping to talk him into the Cabins. There should be enough wildlife there to keep him happy I would think. Now just to decide on when I want to go. Nov 2015, or late winter 2016? My middle son said that if we can't talk daddy into going I could just take each one of them individually by myself. Um, sure. That sounds like a great plan to me! Three Disney vacations. Yes! That's my boy! Always thinking of his Momma! :lovestruc

I'm booked for.nov 2014 but it is all about my knee. I won't go this time in a scooter I have to be better . Hopin for the 2014. It it could turn into nov 2015 .. I love the lizards I call them my Sally's I have pictures of them on my Facebook lol

Darn it's not loading for me ill try again later

You can always just do a search for November 2014, that's how I found it! Or click the link I sent from a desktop computer, save it to your subscriptions, and then access it from your mobile device! Good luck!

You can always just do a search for November 2014, that's how I found it! Or click the link I sent from a desktop computer, save it to your subscriptions, and then access it from your mobile device! Good luck!

Ill try it when I get to my desktop later today' ty

I think you should go over to November 2014 anyway. LOL
Husbands aren't always cooperative in the planning but you never know when an opportunity will come up for you. Giggles on your sons solution. As I told you before I did do that with my younger son. My older has no interest and my DH didn't either, so for his end of 8th grade year we went just the two of us. Now that DH finally has interest, I might send him with DS(20) when he graduates from college. They can do all the geeky stuff together. LOL

Well back to reality and working on my son's transition planning. If I take away school vacation and my get away, I've only got 7 weeks to get things in place.

Oh the reason I responded to this was to say "Cara, go to the November 2014 thread anyway. You can at least read and share your experiences even if you aren't going. Gives you something to fantasize about. That's what I did. In a month from now I'll be without a planned vacation. Maybe we should start a "I went to Disney for vacation but now I want to go back but don't have any definite date commitment, thread."

16 days to go! :banana:

I think you should go over to November 2014 anyway. LOL
Husbands aren't always cooperative in the planning but you never know when an opportunity will come up for you. Giggles on your sons solution. As I told you before I did do that with my younger son. My older has no interest and my DH didn't either, so for his end of 8th grade year we went just the two of us. Now that DH finally has interest, I might send him with DS(20) when he graduates from college. They can do all the geeky stuff together. LOL

Well back to reality and working on my son's transition planning. If I take away school vacation and my get away, I've only got 7 weeks to get things in place.

Oh the reason I responded to this was to say "Cara, go to the November 2014 thread anyway. You can at least read and share your experiences even if you aren't going. Gives you something to fantasize about. That's what I did. In a month from now I'll be without a planned vacation. Maybe we should start a "I went to Disney for vacation but now I want to go back but don't have any definite date commitment, thread."

16 days to go! :banana:

Maybe I will go to next years thread, just to hear everyone's excitement.
Yeah, it would be nice to get a little individual bonding time in with each kid too. My oldest liked Disney, but I'm sure he would be happy with almost anywhere with a pool and nature. It's the simple things he likes.
Good luck with all the transition planning for your son. I can't even imagine what it involved. I have a hard enough time with IEP'S! Your vacation will be a nice break from the stress of it all!

Maybe I will go to next years thread, just to hear everyone's excitement.
Yeah, it would be nice to get a little individual bonding time in with each kid too. My oldest liked Disney, but I'm sure he would be happy with almost anywhere with a pool and nature. It's the simple things he likes.
Good luck with all the transition planning for your son. I can't even imagine what it involved. I have a hard enough time with IEP'S! Your vacation will be a nice break from the stress of it all!

Hey Cara,

Are you planning on going to Hershey again this year? My DH really wants to go back. I just want to wait a year we aren't doing Disney. I'm sure you'll find something fun for the kids, there's so much around this area..maybe you can give Knobels a try!! lol We'll get there eventually.

Hey Cara,

Are you planning on going to Hershey again this year? My DH really wants to go back. I just want to wait a year we aren't doing Disney. I'm sure you'll find something fun for the kids, there's so much around this area..maybe you can give Knobels a try!! lol We'll get there eventually.

Yes, I am hoping to go to Hershey for Christmas this year. I can't Renee, did you go for Christmas?
We will probably hit Dutch Wonderland a time or 2 over the summer and then at Halloween, while the kids are still young and can enjoy the rides there.
My friend that asks every year about Knobels hasn't asked for this year. I guess I should consider that option too. : ) it will give me something to think about and tide me over until we can get back to Disney!

Can anyone tell me what events usually take place in November and when. Looking at going in 2015 but want to stay away from any events or holidays. TIA

Can anyone tell me what events usually take place in November and when. Looking at going in 2015 but want to stay away from any events or holidays. TIA

We nave went every week in nov. our findings were the first week was very crowded due to end of food ad wine fest and wine dine marathon. That marathon packed out the entire resort and parks its was too much for us. That around the 7,8, 9 of nov. but the weather is nice. If you go around the 10 th u get to see the festival of the ,masters at downtown. that's more for adults . The very merry Xmas party starts early nov as does the Osborne lights. After the 10 th until 5 days prior to turkey day is a pretty good time to go. This year we are going nov 14-23 that will assure us to see Xmas everywhere without the huge crowds. It also brings us j to downtowns festival of the seasons. But we miss food and wine fest. It's all about crowds for us. Also with these dates we will see pofq all done up for Xmas on our last weekend there. The sketchy thing about nov 14 it's around the time the weather starts to change so its a weird weather pattern. Can be 80 or 60 degrees. Luck of the draw . First week after turkeyndaynlow crowds but big chances for cold,weather.

Yes, I am hoping to go to Hershey for Christmas this year. I can't Renee, did you go for Christmas?
We will probably hit Dutch Wonderland a time or 2 over the summer and then at Halloween, while the kids are still young and can enjoy the rides there.
My friend that asks every year about Knobels hasn't asked for this year. I guess I should consider that option too. : ) it will give me something to think about and tide me over until we can get back to Disney!

It really is nice at Hershey during Christmas! It's like the mini version of Disney that's closer to home!! Lol Still haven't tried Dutch Wonderland, but may try to hit Knoebels at least once this year, since it literally is a couple miles away from the one race track we go to at least two or three times a year. We end up always talking ourselves out of it because October nights are chilly, and by the time we make the 2 1/2 hr. ride, the kids are either sleeping or too cranky lol lol Have a great time if you go to any of them and let me know how they are!!!

It really is nice at Hershey during Christmas! It's like the mini version of Disney that's closer to home!! Lol Still haven't tried Dutch Wonderland, but may try to hit Knoebels at least once this year, since it literally is a couple miles away from the one race track we go to at least two or three times a year. We end up always talking ourselves out of it because October nights are chilly, and by the time we make the 2 1/2 hr. ride, the kids are either sleeping or too cranky lol lol Have a great time if you go to any of them and let me know how they are!!!

Hmmm interesting read here on the PA area. Been trying to come up with some ideas for get away time this late spring/summer. PA areas are an interest/thought. Gonna have to look into that more.

As I look out the window and see the snow flakes falling, I can't help but smile knowing that my ticker on my phone says 14 days.
:dance3:

Might now be Summer weather but if there isn't thats ok, their won't be snow and hopefully I'll see some sunshine. (I expect I will)

Hmmm interesting read here on the PA area. Been trying to come up with some ideas for get away time this late spring/summer. PA areas are an interest/thought. Gonna have to look into that more.

As I look out the window and see the snow flakes falling, I can't help but smile knowing that my ticker on my phone says 14 days.
:dance3:

Might now be Summer weather but if there isn't thats ok, their won't be snow and hopefully I'll see some sunshine. (I expect I will)

Well, it's no Disney World, but we gotta do something!
I'm sure you could find something to do out in the Lancaster area if you were looking. : ) Nothing thrilling or anything, mostly just Amish country. There's the resorts at the Poconos, there is a Great Wolf Lodge, but it is one of the more expensive ones.
We always go to the Jersey shore the last week in June before prices go up. My twin sister lives in Cape May, which I would DEFINATELY recommend if you think you'd like a quaint Victorian beach town and good food. :beach:
I think we may have to start a "What to do for vacation when you can't go to Disney" thread. :rotfl2:

Well, it's no Disney World, but we gotta do something!
I'm sure you could find something to do out in the Lancaster area if you were looking. : ) Nothing thrilling or anything, mostly just Amish country. There's the resorts at the Poconos, there is a Great Wolf Lodge, but it is one of the more expensive ones.
We always go to the Jersey shore the last week in June before prices go up. My twin sister lives in Cape May, which I would DEFINATELY recommend if you think you'd like a quaint Victorian beach town and good food. :beach:
I think we may have to start a "What to do for vacation when you can't go to Disney" thread. :rotfl2:

That sounds like a great thread idea. :lmao:

I would love all this that you mentioned by my son would be tagging along and well he doesn't like this stuff. He actually just prefers to stay home. Makes me want more vacation.
We'll have to see what summer brings. My inlaws have a cottage up in York Maine so that might be all I get out of DH and DS this summer. I'll have to wait and see.

13 days to go. :banana:
Ok so today I'm nervous because yesterday my back went into spasm big time. All I could do was lay in bed. I did get a lot of sleep.
Thankfully today I'm better. I have to get serious in looking at when these spasms happen. I don't want to admit it potentially is diet related. sigh.
I allowed myself to eat something yesterday that I might have an intolerance to. Ok probably have an intolerance to. :eek:

I get so mad at myself. :mad:

Wow- 13 days- yipee! You'll have to let us live vicariously through you and let us all know the details!

I'm way behind on my scrapbooking, so I told myself I had to get the summer vacation album done and get caught up on the regular one through Christmas before I am allowed to start on the Disney trip scrapbook. That will keep me going for a while.
The boys went camping this weekend so I started showing DH pictures of Wilderness Lodge and getting him in the "thinking about planning" mood for next year. If I don't overwhelm him too much and spread it out he's much more receptive.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter