***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

Joyce, I'm thrilled that you had such a positive solo vacation experience and that the weather cooperated so beautifully for you! :)

Thanks for your report which painted a picture of the relaxing trip you had.

My husband and I will be checking in at Port Orleans French Quarter in just 16 days. We'll be further south in FL for a week prior to that. Unless I win a trip, this will most likely be our final visit to WDW. We've been on a fixed income since 1999 and had not counted on such a rising cost of medical care or increasing the use of technology (cable, hi-speed Internet, smart phones) to such an extent at the time we did our retirement planning. I've got wonderful pictures to help keep my memory fresh from all of our past trips to the Magical lands of Disney.:love:

Oh dang wish I would have known about this earlier! And it could be even more dangerous than Disney merchandising. They were even willing to get the runDisney shoes!!! Super darn it!

There is a few diff shoppers 2 are a rip off s if u ever want anything go to wdw personal shoppers page on Facebook. The wdw shoppers are a rip off the shipping is 5 times the amt. wdw personal shoppers charge just what the park does .

Joyce, I'm thrilled that you had such a positive solo vacation experience and that the weather cooperated so beautifully for you! :)

Thanks for your report which painted a picture of the relaxing trip you had.

My husband and I will be checking in at Port Orleans French Quarter in just 16 days. We'll be further south in FL for a week prior to that. Unless I win a trip, this will most likely be our final visit to WDW. We've been on a fixed income since 1999 and had not counted on such a rising cost of medical care or increasing the use of technology (cable, hi-speed Internet, smart phones) to such an extent at the time we did our retirement planning. I've got wonderful pictures to help keep my memory fresh from all of our past trips to the Magical lands of Disney.:love:

Thanks Kathy. I hope your visit is as magical.
None of us know what the future will bring for us and it's hard to know what to plan for. The past 22+ years we have had expenses we never expected life would bring us and I imagine through retirement we will continue to have those unexpected. I have no vacation planned for the future but I'm hopeful I will have the chance for another. Will it be Disney, I don't know. I can dream.
My husband asked me to define what vacation means to me. And I told him it means spending time away from home, but not "visiting" family so that our plans are guided by them.
I'm hoping to create more memories in "cost effective ways" but won't be writing off Disney because if what I would pay cash for now, can go on my Disney Visa and be paid off right away, it builds points for me and thus builds the next affordable vacation. I guess the message is "Where there is a will, there is a way" or in this case "where there is a dream, there is a way to make it come true".

Wishing you a very dream come true vacation this month. I hope you get the beautiful blue skies that I was able to appreciate.
The white stuff out there is pretty too and the colorful birds coming to our feeders are great too. I have to figure out how to pipe the themed music throughout the house and outdoors to bring that Disney feel. I do wonder how much that music taps the senses to bring that good happy feeling.
Love that Disney tries to tap all the senses. Hey that just reminded me of Figment!

Have a Pixie Dust kind of day!

There is a few diff shoppers 2 are a rip off s if u ever want anything go to wdw personal shoppers page on Facebook. The wdw shoppers are a rip off the shipping is 5 times the amt. wdw personal shoppers charge just what the park does .

Just want to make sure I am where you are suggesting -- Disney World Personal Shoppers -- looks like you pick a shopper based off what you want, and there is a 30% service fee and then shipping?

And I just found this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3229887&highlight=disney+world+personal+shopper
that does not make them seem so great after all. Maybe I'll stick with Disney Merchandising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132

Just want to make sure I am where you are suggesting -- Disney World Personal Shoppers -- looks like you pick a shopper based off what you want, and there is a 30% service fee and then shipping?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3229887&highlight=disney+world+personal+shopper
that does not make them seem so great after all. Maybe I'll stick with Disney Merchandising.

Nechville, if you read Sunsets post you will see they said WDW Personal Shoppers on Facebook NOT Disney World Personal Shoppers (also NOT WDW Shoppers). They are 3 totally different Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50670277#post50670277

Nechville, if you read Sunsets post you will see they said WDW Personal Shoppers on Facebook NOT Disney World Personal Shoppers (also NOT WDW Shoppers). They are 3 totally different Hope this helps.

Wdw shoppers is too high. Walt disney personal,shoppers on Facebook I think their page has tinker bell as the profile pic. These shoppers add NOTHING to the price

It's a wdw personal shoppers Disney's doorstep page on Facebook they have Tinkerbell as their Profile photo. Ella and her husband shop and they charge the price that they charge a Disney not a penny more , They make money on their postage discount... Really nice people and they'll find anything at disney for you

You must be on the wrong page a list of prices they take pictures of them the same price as a Disney World and the shipping is not that high and there's no it's 30% service fee These wonderful people send me a free bag of almonds because I was hurt you definitely looking at the wrong place

Not WDW PERSONAL SHOPPER ON FACEBOOK THEY A RIP OFF. WDW PERSONAL SHOPPER DISNEY DOORSTEPS IS THE PAGE of the good shoppers on Facebook . If u want to add me to your Facebook just to see it I'm Jodi muroff Goulding DISNEY DOORSTEPS IT HAS TO SAY THAT

Not WDW PERSONAL SHOPPER ON FACEBOOK THEY A RIP OFF. WDW PERSONAL SHOPPER DISNEY DOORSTEPS IS THE PAGE of the good shoppers on Facebook . If u want to add me to your Facebook just to see it I'm Jodi muroff Goulding DISNEY DOORSTEPS IT HAS TO SAY THAT

I think I've found it. Thanks everyone.

The other wdw shopper pfft wanted to charge like 30 bux to send 2 pieces of candy. That was 3 years ago. I cancelled the order and found these new people,originally on eBay and bought disney stuff from their eBay and then saw they had a FB page. I always forget things I wanted to buy when I get home ..

HI All!
I'm back. I had an amazing 4 days vacation.
Reports from others was that the whole month before was cold and rainy. I arrive to 85 degree weather. Then they hit record temps for a few days, and I left on the "back to cold" days of low 70s with winds seeing people in jackets during the overcast of the day. I couldn't have had a better weather 4 days.

Loved POR. The buses were rather crowded compared to my previous visits.

The parks were nice crowd levels other than Tuesday when it hit 89 and I felt extra crowded with 20-40 minute waits at MK. I heard Monday was worse with the Seahawks parade. Wednesday the waits were like 10 minutes other than the super poplular rides that were more the 30=40 minutes but those probably were the best for FP+.

the day I arrived I got an invite to go to BOG for lunch on FP+.
No way would I have wanted to stay in line for that lunch but the FP+ made it worth going.

I loved Tom Sawyer Island and definite think if you have an explorer kiddo, you have to go over there. The attention to detail through the parks just blew me away. I wasn't chasing after anyone so I could really appreciate the details that I never noticed before.

At Crystal Palace the characters were pretty interactive. At least before their "break" and I think I know why "CaraBellas" son loved Tigger.
The best picture was Piglet photo bombing my photo with Pooh. It was so funny.

I even talked myself into the Prince Charming Carousel. giggles. So glad I did it. I met a couple that was celebrating 50 years of marriage and when the gentleman got off the ride he announced. "That was fun". I had to giggle.

I'm sad I don't have a plan as to when I will return, but I am quite sure I will.
And if I have to, I won't hesitate to do it again solo.

Oh and my MB experience was great like the last trip. So nice to walk into the parks bagless and not be fishing through my pockets for things.

Just thought I would report in.
Wishing you all a happy next vacation.

Peace!

Yay! I knew you would have a good time! It must have been so nice to walk into the parks feeling so free. I hope you were able to forget about things for a bit while you were there too. You needed this escape! And SO glad the weather cooperated so nicely for you.
Speaking of weather, I went to check the forecast this morning and automatically clicked WDW weather. Yup. I'm ready to go back. It really is going to be a long 2 years. sigh.
We love POR also. Not sure if we will stay there again or try CBR, since there is that rumor of rooms for 5 in the refurb, just to try something new. Or the Cabins if we feel like splurging a little. My DS7may have a thing or 2 to say about that though. LOL He still missing those critters. I do hope none bothered you too much there. :) :scared1:
Thanks for the input on Tom Sawyer Island. I think we will have to make it there next time. Let's put it this way, DS7 went through the SFR treehouse 3 times in a row. I think it's safe to say, he likes exploring. I'd love to see pics if you have any.
I know, right? I was never a Winnie the Pooh fan, but there is just something about those characters at that meal that is so warm and welcoming. I love that you got pics with them all!
Well, hope all is well and your planning for your son is moving along a little better. Hopefully now you can approach it with a clear mind after some well deserved time "off".

Yay! I knew you would have a good time! It must have been so nice to walk into the parks feeling so free. I hope you were able to forget about things for a bit while you were there too. You needed this escape! And SO glad the weather cooperated so nicely for you.
Speaking of weather, I went to check the forecast this morning and automatically clicked WDW weather. Yup. I'm ready to go back. It really is going to be a long 2 years. sigh.
We love POR also. Not sure if we will stay there again or try CBR, since there is that rumor of rooms for 5 in the refurb, just to try something new. Or the Cabins if we feel like splurging a little. My DS7may have a thing or 2 to say about that though. LOL He still missing those critters. I do hope none bothered you too much there. :) :scared1:
Thanks for the input on Tom Sawyer Island. I think we will have to make it there next time. Let's put it this way, DS7 went through the SFR treehouse 3 times in a row. I think it's safe to say, he likes exploring. I'd love to see pics if you have any.
I know, right? I was never a Winnie the Pooh fan, but there is just something about those characters at that meal that is so warm and welcoming. I love that you got pics with them all!
Well, hope all is well and your planning for your son is moving along a little better. Hopefully now you can approach it with a clear mind after some well deserved time "off".

If your son liked the tree house, he will LOVE the island. So many paths to walk and the bridges are fun. The fort is cool and so on. Put that at the top of your list.

No critters bothered me at all. I saw a slug kind of thing that a group of girls were circling but didn't take a picture expecting I could take a picture on my way back. But never saw it again. The only thing I saw/heard in regard to wild life was a beautiful red cardinal. I tried to get a picture but it didn't come out.

I'll try to send you some of my favorite pictures of TS Island via email.

Thanks on the well wishes for my son. I'm struggling to stay upbeat with things. I spent some time at his job sites and the nature of what he is doing....it's a shame it's not going more smooth. I'm plugging a long by holding on to my 4 days of Disney magic. And I can relate that the next 2 years will be LONG. I wish for you the ability to make definite plans even if the waiting will be a while. The one thing I learned the hard way is that if you don't have plans/an event to look forward to it makes doing the extra we do for our special children much more difficult to do day in and day out. Not that we don't love them and want to be Mom to them, but it's harder to stay positive attitude.

Oh and living in New England and hearing another storm on the way is not helping. Then again those in the south dealing with an unusual winter are probably not feeling any more excited than us. :-)

Top of my gratitude list today is my Disney Visa rewards. For each point earned I feel hope I'll get back there some day.

Back to reality. :laundy:

If your son liked the tree house, he will LOVE the island. So many paths to walk and the bridges are fun. The fort is cool and so on. Put that at the top of your list.

No critters bothered me at all. I saw a slug kind of thing that a group of girls were circling but didn't take a picture expecting I could take a picture on my way back. But never saw it again. The only thing I saw/heard in regard to wild life was a beautiful red cardinal. I tried to get a picture but it didn't come out.

I'll try to send you some of my favorite pictures of TS Island via email.

Thanks on the well wishes for my son. I'm struggling to stay upbeat with things. I spent some time at his job sites and the nature of what he is doing....it's a shame it's not going more smooth. I'm plugging a long by holding on to my 4 days of Disney magic. And I can relate that the next 2 years will be LONG. I wish for you the ability to make definite plans even if the waiting will be a while. The one thing I learned the hard way is that if you don't have plans/an event to look forward to it makes doing the extra we do for our special children much more difficult to do day in and day out. Not that we don't love them and want to be Mom to them, but it's harder to stay positive attitude.

Oh and living in New England and hearing another storm on the way is not helping. Then again those in the south dealing with an unusual winter are probably not feeling any more excited than us. :-)

Top of my gratitude list today is my Disney Visa rewards. For each point earned I feel hope I'll get back there some day.

Back to reality. :laundy:
I haven't been to Tom Sawyer island since I was a child. All I remember is that it had just rained and my sister slipped and fell and skinned her knee up. We never went back!
I thought about going this last trip as I'm sure DS (6) would love it but I was afraid we'd spend too much time there. There's so much to do and so little time!

I haven't been to Tom Sawyer island since I was a child. All I remember is that it had just rained and my sister slipped and fell and skinned her knee up. We never went back!
I thought about going this last trip as I'm sure DS (6) would love it but I was afraid we'd spend too much time there. There's so much to do and so little time!

Well put it on your list for the next trip. I went over right at 10am when the first boat went over. As an adult it took be about 1/2 hour to walk around but I could have spent more time. There is a fort that had "noises" coming from the barn and such. And there was a jail with something going on. LOL I was the only one at the fort at the time so I was a wimp and didn't look in. LOL Apparently some realistic fun. At least that is what I was told by a gentleman on the raft when I was leaving. Really you can't miss out. And on the slipping, try not to run. LOL

Oh my other favorite part was the barrel bridge. I'm sure your son will love that.

So excited for those of you going again this year.
:banana:

Right now I've spent the snowy day here, reading through Vacation Bible School materials. I'll be taking some of my Disney experience and reliving it through the decoration committee. Some posted ideas he got through It's a small world. I laughed because the second time I rode through that ride I made note of some ideas. :lmao: My Pastor is nervous.

We found out yesterday my son got accepted for open enrollment to a nearby school. He went to private school this year as the public schools in our town were half day kindergarten and we would have had problems with our daycare and work schedules getting him there. Today we drove by the school to make sure the drive wasn't bad (15 minutes) and to see our son's reaction. He seems pretty excited, which is a relief. I read him their lunch menu and he saw the playground (the important things for a six year old!). We have a few things to work out still but I am feeling okay with it.
And this probably sounds horrible, but now I am a lot more confident that we can afford our November 2014 trip. I feel like I have to clarify that Disney is not the reason we are switching to public school though! Really we just can't afford the $12,000 a year it would be for two kids. I can send them to college for that, and that is more important in the long run. And if we can squeeze in a family vacation, that's important too. We still
have to get a new (used) car this summer, and I am in limbo with my own grad school plans, so I am keeping my fingers crossed it all works out.

It looks like yet another round of snow days next week. Ugh. After hearing the forecast, I searched flights PIT>MCO for Saturday. And checked for available resorts at Disney. Lol. If money was no object I would pack up the kids and head out tomorrow afternoon to Animal Kingdom Lodge to escape the foot of snow we are supposed to get!
Oh well. I guess we can spend our day off watching the disney planning DVD.

It looks like yet another round of snow days next week. Ugh. After hearing the forecast, I searched flights PIT>MCO for Saturday. And checked for available resorts at Disney. Lol. If money was no object I would pack up the kids and head out tomorrow afternoon to Animal Kingdom Lodge to escape the foot of snow we are supposed to get!
Oh well. I guess we can spend our day off watching the disney planning DVD.

I'm grumbling right along with you!!!!
We are not suppose to get a foot of snow, but just enough to cause me a real headache for getting places I need to get to.

Yup would love to be planning another escape to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter