• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official November 2013 - Part II*** (that's right....we're that popular!)

That's what it was like 3 years ago and we LOVED it!

Yeah, my kids are all pretty cautious so I'm not risking it. If the kids were older, I would try it with my younger two kiddos. I was not crazy about the edge of my seat feeling the whole time either, but it was a cute show.
My oldest, on the autism spectrum, would not understand or know what was going on and would totally freak. WAY too much sensory input at once. That would definitely be bad news. I can't even begin to imagine the reaction. It would probably take years for him to get over it. They should really post a warning outside this one imo.

Adult vacation excitement here!!!!:cheer2:
Not that I regret taking my sons, but I'm so looking forward to a easy going vacation.

Now granted some adults would not want to vacation with me either as I have my own interests and some fear (roller coasters) and such that would limit their fun. But that's why it's ok to separate from your party (as an adult) and do what you like. Love reading about single person lines. Wahooo. Go for it.

It truly is a tricky thing to keep your senses from making you think you are in danger so I respect the decisions anyone makes to avoid certain rides/attractions.

funny that technically our honeymoon was an adult vacation, but really not.
Looking forward to this old lady trying Disney again! Still debating if I should bring my tiara.
(Anybody else love "Big Bang theory" and Amy getting her tiara from Sheldon?)

:rotfl2:

Love Big Bang so funny did you see the episode when the girls went to Disneyland and fought over who was going to be Cinderella :rotfl::rotfl2:

YES wear your tiara princess:

We always like the train ride out to conservations station too. No bugs out there, and you don't get to touch the animals they bring out for informative talks with the kids.

I don't think we did that last time we went. Sounds up our alley :)

Yeah, my kids are all pretty cautious so I'm not risking it. If the kids were older, I would try it with my younger two kiddos. I was not crazy about the edge of my seat feeling the whole time either, but it was a cute show.
My oldest, on the autism spectrum, would not understand or know what was going on and would totally freak. WAY too much sensory input at once. That would definitely be bad news. I can't even begin to imagine the reaction. It would probably take years for him to get over it. They should really post a warning outside this one imo.

Disney is not great about giving a lot of details. I needed to go once just to realize what questions I even needed to ask. I don't like spoilers, but there should definitely be a way to find out things easily for those that need to know. My MIL was pretty freaked out by the show.

I love FP+ for Soarin and Toy Story because FP are always gone so early for both attractions :cool1:

I'm thrilled about the one for TSMM and Fantasmic. We managed to pull regular FP's the last time for Soarin, but TSMM was out ridiculously early.

Disney is not great about giving a lot of details. I needed to go once just to realize what questions I even needed to ask. I don't like spoilers, but there should definitely be a way to find out things easily for those that need to know. My MIL was pretty freaked out by the show.

The Disney World website does rate the thrill level as Dark, Scary, Loud. I know I was startled a few times. :rotfl:

"It’s Tough to be a Bug! may be too scary for very young children. This attraction celebrates the creepy world of bugs like spiders and termites, and some of the set pieces and scenes contain some startling subject matter."

Love Big Bang so funny did you see the episode when the girls went to Disneyland and fought over who was going to be Cinderella :rotfl::rotfl2:

LOL
I just looked it up on Youtube! That is funny I never saw it. That must have been season 6. I have only seen 1-5. Need to buy season 6 cause I never seem to be able to catch the season 6 shows.

We are having dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table in November. This will be our first time dining here and I have heard that it is all you can eat. Does anyone know if this is true (for dinner)? I can only find info about the breakfast being all you can eat.

Cinderella's Royal Table is not all you can eat at lunch or dinner and I think they quit doing it for breakfast as well, because it is no longer listed on the website.

My family has never done It's Tough to be a Bug. I am terrified of roaches, so when I heard about it I decided I'd never go. I keep telling DH and the kids they can go, but they've never had an interest.

I'm so annoyed- I had to work late so I didn't get to go by base and order our tickets! I'll have to wait till Monday I guess. But I did pick colors on our mb's!

I'm still debating if it's worth it to try the fp+. I think by the time we get our tickets back and link them, it will be so close to our trip (2-3 weeks out) that most of the times will be taken. Plus I want to be more laid back. What do ya'll think are essentials for fp?

I'm still debating if it's worth it to try the fp+. I think by the time we get our tickets back and link them, it will be so close to our trip (2-3 weeks out) that most of the times will be taken. Plus I want to be more laid back. What do ya'll think are essentials for fp?

I'd still try it out- you can also still use regular FP, even if you are testing FP+, so it is a win-win as far as I'm concerned. You can also change FP+ all the way up to the day you visit, so you can really customize what you want to use them on.

As for what are FP essentials- have your family pick the 3 attractions they feel they would hate to miss in each park- those are YOUR essentials! Every family is different- what some see as mandatory attractions, others think are totally ok to miss.

FOR US, the following are what we get FP for every trip, even slow times (DD is too old for meet&greets, and really isn't into the New Fantasyland stuff, but those are very popular FPs for many):

MK- Peter Pan, Space Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn Railroad
EP- Soarin', Test Track
HS- Toy Story Mania, Rock n Roller coaster, possibly Tower of Terror
AK- Expedition:Everest, Safari

Many PP are mentioning BTMR, but isn't that closed indefinitely, until the new Mine Train opens? :scratchin

The Disney World website does rate the thrill level as Dark, Scary, Loud. I know I was startled a few times. :rotfl:

"It’s Tough to be a Bug! may be too scary for very young children. This attraction celebrates the creepy world of bugs like spiders and termites, and some of the set pieces and scenes contain some startling subject matter."

I meant more on the spot info for people who just go to Disney World without obsessively researching everything like us ;) Disney also lists a lot of things as dark rides that are pretty mild so sometimes people are lulled into a false sense of security. Personally I love surprises so I don't mind, but I know some people have sensitive kids.

I have never been to Animal Kingdom. We plan on going this trip, but not spend the entire day there. What are some things we should make sure we do? If we get there when it opens, is until about 2pm good?
oohh....good question. Kilomanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest, and Festival of the Lion King to be sure. If it's warm, you might also enjoy Kali River Rapids. My family enjoys Dinosaur and all of the meet and greets (although, they're all new now). And yes, we usually get there at rope drop and leave around 2 or 3 to head to Epcot. Have fun!

I got this off of AllEars about It's Tough To be a Bug

Without going into detail, a variety of bugs, spiders and other insects will entertain you...scare you...and get your attention!

What does this mean? My DD is VERY afraid of spiders and bugs, if its a film she is ok, if they "are near her" she will FREAK....Should we skip this? :confused3

As a few others said, it can be very scary. Especially if the kid is afraid of insects. I HATE roaches, but I deal with it because I know it's all pretend. But the 4D effects can really freak a kid out. You can take a walk down there to see the carvings on the tree of life. And the walk from the exit around the island where the tree of life is to Africa is really nice.

Adult vacation excitement here!!!!:cheer2:
Not that I regret taking my sons, but I'm so looking forward to a easy going vacation.

Now granted some adults would not want to vacation with me either as I have my own interests and some fear (roller coasters) and such that would limit their fun. But that's why it's ok to separate from your party (as an adult) and do what you like. Love reading about single person lines. Wahooo. Go for it.

It truly is a tricky thing to keep your senses from making you think you are in danger so I respect the decisions anyone makes to avoid certain rides/attractions.

funny that technically our honeymoon was an adult vacation, but really not.
Looking forward to this old lady trying Disney again! Still debating if I should bring my tiara.
(Anybody else love "Big Bang theory" and Amy getting her tiara from Sheldon?)

:rotfl2:

We LOVE Big Bang Theory!!! And I am actually thinking of buying a tiara while we're down there (I got jealous when I saw FigmentWife's on her FB page!). :)

No, they have nothing to do with each other.

Do you, or any DISer, know when BTMR will reopen? Where is the new mine train coaster going to be, or do you know if it is replacing something in the new fantasyland?

Do you, or any DISer, know when BTMR will reopen? Where is the new mine train coaster going to be, or do you know if it is replacing something in the new fantasyland?

Ok, so my FP+ selector has BTMR closed for refurb on just Nov. 5, the one day I was planning to visit MK. Bummer.

Super happy mail day!!! :banana::banana: Not only was it bill free, not only did I get 3,000 bonus points on my SW Air CC, but my Mickey Mail Came!! :cool1::cool1: Not that I was having a hard time keeping my enthusiasm up... :rotfl2:

We LOVE Big Bang Theory!!! And I am actually thinking of buying a tiara while we're down there (I got jealous when I saw FigmentWife's on her FB page!). :)

My older son has a lot of Sheldon's quirky. The difficulty with sarcasm, that's my spot, super smart, not caring about relationships......... We've been trying to teach him about other people perspectives and I told him to watch Big Bang theory and observe Sheldon cause then it would give him a chance to see what other people see sometimes. He smiled. He loves making us laugh so I'm sure because he hears me laugh when I'm watching big bang. LOL

I loved that Cinderella scenes on Youtube. Now I really need to get Season 6.

I have a tiara and wore it when I went to MK in 2010. But then when the day was done and over I forgot I had it on and when my friend wasn't feeling well and ended up needing to go to the hospital, it wasn't until after the ambulance ride and a few people in the ER smiling at me that I realized I had a tiara on. :crazy2: took the fun out of it.

But I wish I was brave enough to have my hair done at Bibbity!
That would be super fun to have my makeup and all done and go visit the princesses. I need a "brave" girlfriend trip.
November my husband and girlfriend and her husband are so not going to play along with me. :sad2:

I'll be lucky if they don't hold me down from my bouncing with excitement.
pixiedust:

BTMR isn't on any refurb schedules so I'm a little confused by your questions. The mine train is going in the Fantasy land expansion. That area was closed off for the last three years.

So I found ADR's for breakfast at 'Ohana on the two days that we will be at MK and I asked my hubby about which day and time we should go. We quickly decided and I went to book the best day/time. The website crashed and by the time I got it up again the day was gone. No big deal, I would take the other day even though it would be harder since we won't have a car that day. Figured we would take the later time (9:15) and miss rope drop that day. Hit the button to get the slot and it disappeared, so I got stuck with the early slot (I wanted the early slot on the other day when we would still have the car from the day before when we go to IOA). Now I have to figure out how to get 7 people from OKW to the Poly by 7:30am without a car. It would kill me to waste money on a cab when we would have had a car if I had gotten the first date (I'm assuming we would actually need two since we are seven people).

Edited to add: Ugh, the 9:15 showed up again, but when I went to grab it I got a server busy message and after reloading a bunch of times it was gone again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter