OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2010 THREAD - Let the countdown begin!

We still haven't committed to our annual Thanksgiving FD trip yet. We have the Goofy FD pin just burning a hole in our pocket and it is killing us that we might not be able to use it. Oh well we have a couple more weeks to decide.

To all you going have loads of fun!!!

Ok - so my DH and I had a trip planned for December that had to be cancelled unexpectedly :guilty:. We had already purchased tickets for the Christmas Party. We have since re-booked for November :) and I see that the Party will be happening while we are there. Will Disney change our ticket dates?? :confused3 If not - does anyone know if there are tix still available for the week of November 15th??

Thanks!!

Anyone been in November before??? What's the weather like?? What does everyone pack? My daughter is dying to wear her Santa shirt for the Christmas party, but is a long sleeve shirt too hot for November??

Anyone been in November before??? What's the weather like?? What does everyone pack? My daughter is dying to wear her Santa shirt for the Christmas party, but is a long sleeve shirt too hot for November??

It really just depends on the day. (I know. Helpful, right?! :rotfl:) We were there in November a few years ago (week before Thanksgiving), and it was cool enough for light jackets most mornings and some evenings. During the day it mostly got warm enough for short sleeves, and shorts/capris, etc. The kids even swam a few times (the pool was heated). We always start checking AccuWeather.com a week or two out. They have a great 15-day forcast--complete with info. about "RealFeel" (i.e. what the air will actually feel like when you take into account wind, etc.) We'll be there in November this year too, so I'm hoping the weather is nice and warm! :goodvibes

It really just depends on the day. (I know. Helpful, right?! :rotfl:) We were there in November a few years ago (week before Thanksgiving), and it was cool enough for light jackets most mornings and some evenings. During the day it mostly got warm enough for short sleeves, and shorts/capris, etc. The kids even swam a few times (the pool was heated). We always start checking AccuWeather.com a week or two out. They have a great 15-day forcast--complete with info. about "RealFeel" (i.e. what the air will actually feel like when you take into account wind, etc.) We'll be there in November this year too, so I'm hoping the weather is nice and warm! :goodvibes

I'm gonna make sure to check out that website. The weather is so crazy during November. We were there last year the week after Thanksgiving. And except for one night where it was cold enough for pants and a jacket. The rest of the time we wore shorts. I wished that I had brought more shorts. I did change my DS into jeans at night a couple of nights, but he actually would have been fine with shorts. We swam two or three times. Of course it is all relative too. I love cold weather, so we probably were wearing shorts when some others were wearing pants. But still, you can never count on what the temp will be. And the strange thing is that last year I checked the weather on two seperate sites. One saying Highs in upper 70's I think or higher and the other one was lower 70's. So that is why I'm looking forwad to this new website mentioned.

Thanks so much!! I will be sure to check out these websites. Maybe Grace will get to wear her Christmas shirt after all!!:santa:

Ok - so my DH and I had a trip planned for December that had to be cancelled unexpectedly :guilty:. We had already purchased tickets for the Christmas Party. We have since re-booked for November :) and I see that the Party will be happening while we are there. Will Disney change our ticket dates?? :confused3 If not - does anyone know if there are tix still available for the week of November 15th??

Thanks!!

Just an FYI - Disney will change the dates on your VMMCP tickets if needed.

We are going to POFQ from Nov. 18-22. Last minute trip just booked in the last few days! I will have to change my ticker since it gives my next trip as Nov 2011. Could not resist the room only discount and SW Fall sale! First time staying at POFQ but have stayed at POR quite a few times before buying DVC.

Gosh...Nov 13th can't come fast enough. I feel like I've been away from WDW for 20 years - but in reality it's only been 3 :) haha...still...I NEED THIS VACATION!

So close! It's going to be in the 20s and 30s here in Vermont at night this weekend. Makes me long for the warm Florida sun!

I know a few people answered you already, but I was there the week before Thanksgiving last year and we had the most beautiful weather...70's/80's and sunny during the day, warm enough for swimming, and then cooler at night. Most nights I wore pants with a t shirt, but I know there were a few days I wore sweatshirts also! And most importantly, I wore my UGGS a few nights! Hoping to do that again this year! :woohoo:

I can't wait for November! :yay: :dance3: :banana:

Sigh, I really am in need of my vacation, work has been SO stressful the last few weeks.

We don't even have a full week, but I don't even care, I intend to make the most of the time we have :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter