• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official ( No Spoiler) Bachelorette Thread ~Kaitlyn Gets The Vote!

should I change the thread title? closing the poll after 7 days

• No Spoilers Please!

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Gimme Those Spoilers!

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other (adding links etc., just no spoilers directly in the thread)

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting explanation of the whole Clint/JJ "relationship". No spoilers about the outcome of Kaitlyn's season, but definitely some skeptical analysis of how the show presents that "relationship." If you believe everything presented is an "honest" depiction of what happens, don't click. If you believe some editing occurs, it is a fun read.

http://www.realityblurred.com/reali...okeback-bachelor-clint-jj-promo-fake-editing/

Clint = plant.

It's just too unbelievable.
Clint is from Batavia, IL., 2 towns over from me. My SIL lives there, but is the last person to watch REALITY t.v., (or ANY t.v. for that matter) so she won't have any info. I'll see if anyone around here has heard anything. I know he lives in the City now tho. I agree with the plant, he will be the next one to go to Bachelor Pad or Paradise or whatever it is. It's unfortunate that we have 2 local guys on this season and it is such a freak show.

So far, this season is awful. I hate the new format of the cliffhanger and not giving roses at the end of the show. The dates are ridiculous. Kaitlyn is annoying. Of course, I will still watch. :sad2:

I'm just wondering, does Kaitlyn actually pick what the dates will be?
People are saying what awful dates she picked, and please don't get me wrong, the show is a train wreck, but I had always just assumed that the producers just told them what the dates would be. o_O

So, I'm a reality show junkie. I'm not usually bothered by anything in these shows as we all know "reality" is an operative word in these cases. It's all for fun (for the viewers anyway).

BUT I have to say I was shocked at the sex-ed date this week! Once I heard the kids were actors I felt a TEENY bit better about it but still felt it was pretty wrong.

Aside from all that...I am majorly crushing on Shawn. :love:

People are saying what awful dates she picked, and please don't get me wrong, the show is a train wreck, but I had always just assumed that the producers just told them what the dates would be. o_O

The lead DOES NOT pick the dates, or who is on them. They may have "minor" input into it, but that's it. Take the two on one date in Chris' season with two crazy ladies. He dumped them both. For sure, he had input into at least ONE of the people on that date....someone whom he could easily dump and be comfortable with that decision.

But, who gets the "solo" dates etc is decided by producers. They are looking for good TV, not actual love matches. LOL

So far, this season is awful. I hate the new format of the cliffhanger and not giving roses at the end of the show. The dates are ridiculous. Kaitlyn is annoying. Of course, I will still watch. :sad2:

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks this! I'm sure I'm in the minority with this one but I really wish that Britt had been chosen for this season; she just seems like she would have taken it more seriously - well as 'seriously' as you can take a reality TV show.

Has anyone seen the new Lifetime show 'Unreal'? It's interesting that they're airing it right in the middle of a Bachelor/Bachelorette season - it really makes you question how true to form it actually is. :rolleyes:

Maybe he's a bacon kinda guy :teeth:
....well MAYBE he shouldn't have been named after a character from Super Mario Bros.....

817.jpg

....I know that reality tv isn't actually 'real', but there was still an 'ick' factor about it...:crazy2:

As a faithful watcher of every single season, I am almost ready to throw in the towel. I really enjoyed this show when I thought they were legitimately looking for love, but this freak show is all about shock and awe with a bunch of people who want their 15 minutes of fame. I hated the dates, especially the school one. As a teacher,I was offended by the stupid woman playing the teacher who was supposedly in charge there. The whole thing made me long for the days of romantic dinners in vineyards, picnics on the top of glaciers and Cinderella dates. This is nothing but trash, and while I usually have a high tolerance of trash, this was a little much for me.

I also find Kaitlyn unlikeable. The whole purpose of the dates is to get to know the guys and see if you can make a connection with them. How is she getting to know them when all she does is stand in a crowd laughing at their asinine antics? I can't recall seeing her have a serious conversation with any of them. I think her goal is to test drive as many as possible and have a good time. I will give it one more week, but if it doesn't improve, I guess I will bail.

I like Ben H the most so far....not for Kaitlin, since I don't like her. Maybe the next bachelor. I like to see people who actually take it serious and are looking for love, not to be adored by as many guys as possible.

I agree the dates were terrible and inappropriate this week. I also fast forwarded through the "scary" date.

Although I don't believe clint and jj are in love they are the same " type" of guy and like that about each other. Their "relationship" is the most amusing thing for me to watch so far.

As a faithful watcher of every single season, I am almost ready to throw in the towel. I really enjoyed this show when I thought they were legitimately looking for love, but this freak show is all about shock and awe with a bunch of people who want their 15 minutes of fame. I hated the dates, especially the school one. As a teacher,I was offended by the stupid woman playing the teacher who was supposedly in charge there. The whole thing made me long for the days of romantic dinners in vineyards, picnics on the top of glaciers and Cinderella dates. This is nothing but trash, and while I usually have a high tolerance of trash, this was a little much for me.

I also find Kaitlyn unlikeable. The whole purpose of the dates is to get to know the guys and see if you can make a connection with them. How is she getting to know them when all she does is stand in a crowd laughing at their asinine antics? I can't recall seeing her have a serious conversation with any of them. I think her goal is to test drive as many as possible and have a good time. I will give it one more week, but if it doesn't improve, I guess I will bail.

I couldn't agree more! The dates have lost their romantic, dreamy quality and are now just laughable and frankly quite stupid. I know that Kaitlin's personality isn't as lovey-dovey as Emily's or Ashley so their kind of dates might not fit her personality but I hope we see some more intimate dates in the future. I'd like to say I'd stop watching but I know I won't be able to haha. ABC has me hooked, for better or worse. :laughing:

But, who gets the "solo" dates etc is decided by producers. They are looking for good TV, not actual love matches. LOL

OMG! Was I the only one naive enough to believe that the Bachelor/Bachelorette was actually picking who went on which dates with them, including the solo dates? If that's not the case, I am really shocked. I guess I was one of the few totally naive people who thought that there was at least some semblance of trying to find true love going on here. And I've been so faithful to this show, but I'm finally losing my faith.

OMG! Was I the only one naive enough to believe that the Bachelor/Bachelorette was actually picking who went on which dates with them, including the solo dates? If that's not the case, I am really shocked. I guess I was one of the few totally naive people who thought that there was at least some semblance of trying to find true love going on here. And I've been so faithful to this show, but I'm finally losing my faith.

Watch "Unreal." A former producer for the show is the creator of Unreal. According to people who have been "contestants" on the show, it's fairly accurate. The lead does get to say who he/she likes and doesn't like, but then the producers pick the dates. Only a handful of the 25 or so people who start the show with the lead are considered "viable" as F1 and F2. Most are cast for a reason...funny guy, drunk guy, obnoxious prick, jock, weird guy etc. They are filling a role. For example, Tony from this season. It was absolutely obvious to me that he was this season's "weird guy." There was no way Kaitlyn was EVER going to choose him. LOL. But, he made for some good sound bites.

It's one reason, IMO, why this show has so very, very few actual marriages that result from the process. It's a complete crap shoot.

Yes, I realized that the producers decided what the dates will be from the time that Brad took the girls race car driving, then found out Emily was so upset as her deceased fiance had been a professional race car driver who died in a plane crash on the way to a race. NO WAY was that date for race car driving a "coincidence." It was designed to make her cry and for Brad to have to comfort her or deal with her upset if she refused to get in a race car.

You could also tell he was not only shocked & upset when he found out her situation but a bit pissed that they were set up like that, purposely to upset her so much. But, he couldn't just say on air that the producers designed the date. HE had to take responsibility, like HE thought up the idea for a race car driving date.

....my first giveaway to that was the fact that those date cards have been written by the same person FOR YEARS now...

....a little off-topic, but did anyone see the new show featuring Trista and Ryan? It's on HG-TV and it's called Rocky Mountain Reno....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter