"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked. I'm really interested in meeting the 7 Dwarves and Sandy Claws. Any tips? It sounds like the line is long for both. Thanks!

Come in to the park around 4 start lining up around 5:30 to 6 to knock one out with little to no line. The other go to during parade time to maximize your party time.

Good luck you picked the two with the biggest lines :p

I need to purchase our party tickets and was planning on buying them for Dec. 17th. With our overall trip dates, we have the option of going on either the 13th, 15th, 17th, or 18th. I'm guessing the 13th and the 18th will be more crowded being on weekends, but I'm not sure between the 15th and 17th. Other than paying $5 less per ticket, which isn't a huge deal, is there any reason I should consider the 15th over the 17th? Might crowds be any smaller, or should they both be about the same? Now that I have to commit, I'm second-guessing everything!

we will be at the Nov 19 party! It will be our 8th consecutive annual trip to the MVMCP! It signifies the start of Christmas for our family and I wouldn't miss it!!!!

Add us to the list! Group of 4 from Kansas going to our first MVMCP on 11/20. We loved the Halloween party so we hope this will be as fun for us. A little disappointed that as DVC members we couldn't get a DVC discount for this night but we're still excited.

:thumbsup2 That's the day of our party too! Girls trip :yay:...2 DD's' 3 DGD's and me coming in from Texas for our first ever visit at Christmas! :dance3: :tink:

As anyone done the Party twice in a single trip? We are going to be @ WDW for 10 nights and my DW loves Christmas and loves the Magic Kingdom....

As anyone done the Party twice in a single trip? We are going to be @ WDW for 10 nights and my DW loves Christmas and loves the Magic Kingdom....
I would like to know about this too. We will be there for 12 nights and have tickets to one party and I was thinking of doing another so we could concentrate on characters at one party and the shows and parade at the next.

Does anyone remember what they did at TS restaurants like BoG or CRT last year? If anything? We're going on 11/8 and I see that reservation windows are only open for dinner from 4-6 p.m.

Or is there anything special dining-wise during the party? We'd like to do a sit-down dinner - I'm assuming our best options will be at monorail resorts? I'll have an annual pass, but the husband will only have a party ticket.

The restaurants are actually open during party time - however we always suggest to eat before hand so you don't need to waste party time!

As far as I rememeber in the parks there are no specific Christmas themed events eating in the park but maybe someone can help me if the resorts are doing something!

I know Hollywood studios does a package for Osborne lights and Epcot has the candlelight dining package

But party time is party time maybe use the early park entrance to come in and dine!

Cool. So do you know how to make ADRs for those times since the WDW website doesn't list dinner times past 6 p.m. on party days?

I guess I can call but figure I'd ask here first.

Does anyone remember what they did at TS restaurants like BoG or CRT last year? If anything? We're going on 11/8 and I see that reservation windows are only open for dinner from 4-6 p.m.

Or is there anything special dining-wise during the party? We'd like to do a sit-down dinner - I'm assuming our best options will be at monorail resorts? I'll have an annual pass, but the husband will only have a party ticket.

The restaurants are actually open during party time - however we always suggest to eat before hand so you don't need to waste party time!

As far as I rememeber in the parks there are no specific Christmas themed events eating in the park but maybe someone can help me if the resorts are doing something!

I know Hollywood studios does a package for Osborne lights and Epcot has the candlelight dining package

But party time is party time maybe use the early park entrance to come in and dine!

Cool. So do you know how to make ADRs for those times since the WDW website doesn't list dinner times past 6 p.m. on party days?

I guess I can call but figure I'd ask here first.

I thought MVMCP was the same as MNSSHP and that only select QS was open. The latest you can get a reservation for TS is 7pm, I think.

This is in my notes from last year's MNSSHP for restaurants open:

Counter Service Dining Locations Open During Party:

• Casey's Corner
  • Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
  • Main Street Bakery
  • Popcorn carts
  • Aloha Isle
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (open until 9:00pm)
  • Westward Ho
  • Frontierland Turkey Leg Cart (open until 11:00pm)
  • Frontierland Churro Cart (open until 11:00pm)
  • Columbia Harbour House (open until 8:00pm)
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • The Friar's Nook (open until 10:00pm)
  • Storybook Treats
  • Pretzels at Storybook Circus (open until 9:00pm)
  • Gaston's Tavern
  • Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
  • The Lunching Pad
Maybe someone that knows more than I do, will let us know if this is correct.

Last edited:
What is the latest I should buy my party tickets? (I won't have the money to buy them until July.) Will they sell out by July? I'm going to the Dec. 3rd party, btw.

Other than paying $5 less per ticket, which isn't a huge deal, is there any reason I should consider the 15th over the 17th? Might crowds be any smaller, or should they both be about the same? Now that I have to commit, I'm second-guessing everything!

We're wondering the exact same thing! The 17th (December) would work better for us but we could do the 15th if, for example, it was likely to be significantly quieter. Does anyone have any advice?

I thought MVMCP was the same as MNSSHP and that only select QS was open. The latest you can get a reservation for TS is 7pm, I think.

This is in my notes from last year's MNSSHP for restaurants open:

Counter Service Dining Locations Open During Party:

• Casey's Corner
  • Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
  • Main Street Bakery
  • Popcorn carts
  • Aloha Isle
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (open until 9:00pm)
  • Westward Ho
  • Frontierland Turkey Leg Cart (open until 11:00pm)
  • Frontierland Churro Cart (open until 11:00pm)
  • Columbia Harbour House (open until 8:00pm)
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • The Friar's Nook (open until 10:00pm)
  • Storybook Treats
  • Pretzels at Storybook Circus (open until 9:00pm)
  • Gaston's Tavern
  • Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
  • The Lunching Pad
Maybe someone that knows more than I do, will let us know if this is correct.

You're the best! Thank you!! I opted to make an early ADR at Citrico's instead. My favorite!!

What is the latest I should buy my party tickets? (I won't have the money to buy them until July.) Will they sell out by July? I'm going to the Dec. 3rd party, btw.

We're wondering the exact same thing! The 17th (December) would work better for us but we could do the 15th if, for example, it was likely to be significantly quieter. Does anyone have any advice?

The parties on the last week are more likely to sell out than ones two weeks earlier (not all dates sell out, BTW), but no dates will be sold out as early as July.

Hi:

I am trying to buy tickets for 12/4/15, but the Disney site shows that date as "unavailable"? Any info on what this means? Is it just that Disney is not yet permitting tickets to be purchased for this date yet or (unbelievably) is this date already sold out?

Thanks.

Hi:

I am trying to buy tickets for 12/4/15, but the Disney site shows that date as "unavailable"? Any info on what this means? Is it just that Disney is not yet permitting tickets to be purchased for this date yet or (unbelievably) is this date already sold out?

Thanks.

The page isn't working right for me right now so I can't look at it, but since December 4th is a Friday, I suspect that when it says not available, it means tickets with a pre-purchase discount aren't available, since Friday night parties never have a pre-purchase discount.

ETA: OK, I was able to access the page on my Kindle, and December 4th is showing as available, so I don't know why you're not seeing it.

Last edited:
You're the best! Thank you!! I opted to make an early ADR at Citrico's instead. My favorite!!

YW, Citrico's sounds good. This will be my first MVMCP, but last year, we went to MNSSHP, and I had a big breakfast at the resort that day, and then we went to the GF for lunch. This year I have reservations for the afternoon tea at the GF, before the party. Then at the party, I just have a snack here and there. I have been craving churros for weeks. Lol. That and maybe some ice cream and I'll be set. I hate to take away time from the party to eat a full meal, since it takes me forever to eat something.

I'm going for the 12/15 party. That's my Disney arrival day (I'm spending a few days pre-Disney in Orlando) so I thought it would be a nice way to get in the holiday spirit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter