"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

Question - okay - can I book FPs on a party ticket from 4-6? And how does it know it use the "party ticket" versus another day of the base ticket my traveling companion has? I've been trying to get three in that time frame - but it doesn't seem to let me find any FP time that starts after 5:15. Trying to get something like 5:30-6:30 or 5:45-5:45.
I always use my hard tickets to enter parties just to be sure I don't lose a regular day off my tickets. There were reports of that happening when MBs were originally introduced, though I'm sure they've fixed it since then. But just don't want to take any chances!

Yes, FPs can be scheduled until 6:30 with your party ticket, but with both day guests and partygoers all using those time slots, they may just be full on the day you are looking.

You can't book 3 FPs in a two hour time frame - you can book between 3:30-6:30. The FPs aren't assigned to a specific ticket - you're allowed to book FPs for as many days as you have tickets for.
Thanks! Can you have an overlap at all? Right now - we've got one 3:05-4:05 ---- and I seriously doubt we can get in at 4 pm and get to the one that ends at 4:05..... I admit its late to be planning for Dec 10th - but I can't seem to get anything that's 5:30-6:30 - so I can't get that one moved back.... Got 5:15-6:15...

Thanks! Can you have an overlap at all? Right now - we've got one 3:05-4:05 ---- and I seriously doubt we can get in at 4 pm and get to the one that ends at 4:05..... I admit its late to be planning for Dec 10th - but I can't seem to get anything that's 5:30-6:30 - so I can't get that one moved back.... Got 5:15-6:15...
No, the system will not allow FPs to overlap, though once you are in the park and use your first (or it expires) you can try to move your next time up. Also, guests have reported being allowed in at 3:45, so you may be ok. There's also a 15 minute grace period on the FP window.

How many characters do you think it's reasonable to attempt while still getting in the parade, fireworks, and a show or two?

We'd like to hit as many of the special characters as possible while enjoying the rest of the party events. Rides are not a priority at all during the party. We have two other days at MK

What I found nice was that waiting in line for a long time got me several characters. The Rapunzel/Cindy line was LONG and SLOW moving, but we got to meet 4 characters. Same with Donald/Scrooge and Daisy/Minnie. Santa Goofy (for some reason) was short. We did those characters, some rides, saw the castle lighting and watched the 2nd parade starting at 7. We decided to do Mine Train with a 30 minute wait instead of fireworks and timed it EXACTLY wrong. We walked inside just as the fireworks were starting and the line was pretty much the whole firework time (which we didn't care about anyway).

Woah! Rapunzel/Cindy is showing as 120 minutes right now, even though Wishes just started! This is a must do for my 3 yo DD, but I don't see her lasting more than 30 min in that boring line. Any tips? We can't plan on doing anything much later than 10:30, but we will be in the park right at 4. And yes, it's Flynn she wants to meet so FP during the day won't work.

I'd try to be in line when it opens. The day I was there they really didn't start meeting until 7 (maybe a little after even). And Flynn is a chatter so it's a slow moving line. Totally worth it though. He tried to teach my son how to do the smolder. :)

We went last night. Lines were so short for rides, it was awesome. Fireworks were great and we were not crammed in as I assume any other night you would be. Watched the 2nd parade from frontier land got a great spot 20 minutes before it started then as soon as it was over we cut through adventure land and the huge store on Main Street to zoom right past the end of parade and crowds and got right on monorail.

Totally disappointed in the rain though! Nothing you can do but really bummed bc it made my one kid miserable and my dh had to take her back to hotel before the parade. The tomorrowland show was cancelled due to the weather, my kids would've liked that. And i didn't see any snow on Main Street bc it was raining I guess they didn't do it, unless they did later on...anyone there last night? Was there ever snow? I was really looking forward to seeing that.

Lines for characters were too long for us since it was raining most of time. We missed our fast passes from 4-6 bc we we're trying to get some where dry and find a place to eat.

Lol, all in all for our family it wasn't a great night...but that's bc of weather and rather inflexible kids.

Only advice is for people with kids to really think about it bc it's a late night. (Esp if there's any rain in forecast!) I tried to let them sleep in and we did Nothing but relax at hotel before going. But they just didn't perform for me!

For anyone with older kids that just want to ride rides, def get tickets!

Super agree with what I bolded. I *know* my son doesn't do well late at night but I tried to push him anyway. It wasn't worth it. He fell asleep half on the ground/half on my lap while waiting for the parade (which we only sat and waited for because he was becoming a disaster) and slept through about half of it. I'm glad we did the party once, but I don't think the late nights are for us.

(That said, I was shocked at the number of little children still partying away at 11 at night!)

We might add a 2nd party day (on our last night Tuesday the 8th), but we won't know until after we go on Thursday the 3rd. I just keep telling myself that if it sells out on the 8th before we decide then we will have more money in our pocket ;)

We might add a 2nd party day (on our last night Tuesday the 8th), but we won't know until after we go on Thursday the 3rd. I just keep telling myself that if it sells out on the 8th before we decide then we will have more money in our pocket ;)
I wish we'd done 2 parties when we went this past week. There's so much to get done and not nearly enough time!! Have a great trip!

And if you are already in the parks, don't go stand in line unless you absolutely have to due to your other plans. We walked by the Tomorrowland line early on our way to ride Buzz. Then we rode PeopleMover and something else. We walked back by and there were 5 people in line, so we walked right up and got our party bands without wasting time standing in line! That was well before 7p

Thank you this is really helpful and exactly what I what I was wondering! I didn't want to have to walk back to the main gate if we were deep in the park.

Here tonight and surprised by availability for 1st parade. There were plenty of spots available in Frontierland, in between Pecos Bills and the Shootin Arcade. We weren't planning on doing this parade but decided only needing to wait 15 minutes before parade start was too good to pass up. We were here Tuesday night as well and by 10 pm (30 minutes before parade start) things were more crowded in Frontierland than they are now. Odd...

We went last night. Lines were so short for rides, it was awesome. Fireworks were great and we were not crammed in as I assume any other night you would be. Watched the 2nd parade from frontier land got a great spot 20 minutes before it started then as soon as it was over we cut through adventure land and the huge store on Main Street to zoom right past the end of parade and crowds and got right on monorail.

Totally disappointed in the rain though! Nothing you can do but really bummed bc it made my one kid miserable and my dh had to take her back to hotel before the parade. The tomorrowland show was cancelled due to the weather, my kids would've liked that. And i didn't see any snow on Main Street bc it was raining I guess they didn't do it, unless they did later on...anyone there last night? Was there ever snow? I was really looking forward to seeing that.

Lines for characters were too long for us since it was raining most of time. We missed our fast passes from 4-6 bc we we're trying to get some where dry and find a place to eat.

Lol, all in all for our family it wasn't a great night...but that's bc of weather and rather inflexible kids.

Only advice is for people with kids to really think about it bc it's a late night. (Esp if there's any rain in forecast!) I tried to let them sleep in and we did Nothing but relax at hotel before going. But they just didn't perform for me!

For anyone with older kids that just want to ride rides, def get tickets!
This times a million! I am still on the fence about splurging on this for our group. It's down to this or Osborne dessert party. My mom wants the booze at the dessert party (go mom!) and I just don't know if a six year old can enjoy more than two hours of party time realistically. Maybe better next year? He is not a napper, else I would totally just put him down midday and make it easier. So torn!

I love all of the photos, keep them coming :)!

I wouldn't trust those wait times.

If they are a priority, get in line around 6 or 630. It will start outside until the line inside clears out, and then CMs will move everyone inside. The listed time was 10 minutes when I went by later, but it was more likely around 45-60 minutes based on the line that I could see.

I was in line at 6:20. They actually started meeting about 6:50. Once the daytime standby line cleared out, they filed us all in and let a few groups in at a time. I was in the 3rd corral with maybe 10 groups in front of me. My photos were taken at 7:10.
Wow what a difference 20 or so minutes makes! We got in line around 6:40 or 6:45...We didnt' get out of that line until 8:30ish! I wish I had known how long the line really was, I absolutely would have skipped it. The 120 minute posted time was pretty accurate at that point.

This times a million! I am still on the fence about splurging on this for our group. It's down to this or Osborne dessert party. My mom wants the booze at the dessert party (go mom!) and I just don't know if a six year old can enjoy more than two hours of party time realistically. Maybe better next year? He is not a napper, else I would totally just put him down midday and make it easier. So torn!

I love all of the photos, keep them coming :)!
It all depends on your kiddo for sure! My son is 4 and crashed at 10:25p, he isn't a napper either. We went to the park around 2:30p or so, so I felt he did really well. I would have done more things if I'd been by myself, but he really seemed to have fun.

Saw the lights tonight, they are amazing! If you do the dessert party there, just make sure your mom understands that people will be standing in front of the area. The party area I saw is street level. I personally wouldn't want a "front row" table for it because it seemed the views would have been partially blocked by the crowd. But I bet it's great to just sit and enjoy the music and the lights.

(That said, I was shocked at the number of little children still partying away at 11 at night!)

Last year's Halloween party my 11.5 month old and my almost 3 year old lasted until the party was over. It was crazy haha! The baby took a quick nap waiting for the fireworks.

At party night take the people mover, it's very beautiful!

We did that last night around ten something and we noticed there was hardly a wait for Astro Orbiter so we did that as well. We were too tired to do anything else since we had to get up very early to fly down but it looked like the speedway was pretty empty when we went past and going that late to get our goodies there was no line at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter