"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

Here tonight and surprised by availability for 1st parade. There were plenty of spots available in Frontierland, in between Pecos Bills and the Shootin Arcade. We weren't planning on doing this parade but decided only needing to wait 15 minutes before parade start was too good to pass up. We were here Tuesday night as well and by 10 pm (30 minutes before parade start) things were more crowded in Frontierland than they are now. Odd...

We thought it would be a lot more crowded than it was. We got a spot on Main Street way ahead of time. We were able to walk after it was done closer to the castle to see Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. We actually had a nice person who was tall tell us to go in front of him.

We will be at Disney next weekend but have regretfully decided against the party for one reason. The Canadian dollar is so low that it is difficult to justify over a hundred dollars times four, for about four or five hours. We did go a couple of years ago and found the crowds quite large and we got tired quickly but I am still a bit sad. It sounds as if things might not be quite as bad crowd wise anymore. The Canadian Loonie might be part of that as a lot of us go south to WDW in the fall.

I have a reservation for BOG on a MVMCP night (I have tickets to this party) and the reservation confirmation says "Characters are not available during this time of day."

Is that a standard comment because you don't technically meet the Beast until after your meal, or does that mean the Beast won't be there for dinner that night? I don't want to miss that character photo!

We will be at Disney next weekend but have regretfully decided against the party for one reason. The Canadian dollar is so low that it is difficult to justify over a hundred dollars times four, for about four or five hours. We did go a couple of years ago and found the crowds quite large and we got tired quickly but I am still a bit sad. It sounds as if things might not be quite as bad crowd wise anymore. The Canadian Loonie might be part of that as a lot of us go south to WDW in the fall.

We were back and forth because of the exchange too. It really makes a difference adding another 30%+ on top of the prices. We decided to do it, because we've never been to it before.

I hear you on that. I'm from Canada as well and doing the party was a big decision due to the exchange rate. We decided to do it because we'd never done it before and we don't regret it at all, but it was definitely a big extra cost.

I looked at the weather for my party day (Dec. 3rd) and saw that there was 60% chance of rain. Can anyone share some tips on party touring on a rainy night? TIA

I was really sad that it rained pretty much all our party night. We just went on with rain jackets and made the best of it! With most attractions being indoor anyway it's more about hopping between unless you are waiting for outside character lines.

We went to Thursday nights rainy party and I have to say that the line to meet the 7 dwarfs was a total disaster and incredibly frustrating. They kept the line in the same place but the dwarfs were meeting underneath the awning over by Fairytale Hall. A CM would come over and take 10 or so families over at a time to a 2nd line by where they were actually meeting. You can imagine how well this worked. I quit counting the number of families I saw cutting into the 2nd "line" and the CMs did absolutely nothing about it. We got in line at 6:40 and the time on our photos is 8:24. So beware of this on a rainy party night. Good news is the rest of the evening wasn't crowded at all and we got lots done.

Hi all! Sorry I have been ultra busy so my trip report will be coming soon.

In the meantime I wanted to mention that i picked up FOUR EXTRA OLAF CARDS last week, please pm me if you'd like one. I don't remember who had requested them, so I got as many as I could for my group.

I will update this post when they are all spoken for.

I was looking at the Weather channel website and I hope it doesn't rain on the 3rd.

It's best to not worry about Orlando weather this far out from your date. Like someone already said, that forecast will change 100 times before you go. Temperatures will be pretty accurate on a 7 day forecast, but rain forecasts change hourly.

It's best to not worry about Orlando weather this far out from your date. Like someone already said, that forecast will change 100 times before you go. Temperatures will be pretty accurate on a 7 day forecast, but rain forecasts change hourly.

I have to keep telling myself this. We will be at Disney December 2-8 and in the long range forecast today there is some rain and cooler than I'd like temps showing up. I know it's too early to be accurate but still rain could put a damper on things. I too have plans for the December 3 MVMCP. The rain I'm seeing is Friday/Saturday.

We went last Sunday if anyone has any questions. We arrived around 3:45, finally found the right entrance line and entered. We used our MagicBands, and were still fine with park tickets. We went to our first FP location, meeting Mickey, then headed into the hub, where my son watched the end of the 4:00 show. While we watched that, hubby headed to get in line for Sandy Claws. He got in line around 4:15 and was approx. #20 in line. We went there to meet up with him, getting there around 4:25. Jack came out right at 5:00, and really took his time meeting everyone. We were out by 5:20 - 5:25, and had to really hustle to get across the park for our 5:30 FP deadline at Big Thunder Mtn. RR. Rode that and headed to Space Mountain for our final FP, which started at 5:30. After Space Mtn. and a little break, we got in line around 6:15 for Minnie, Daisy, Scrooge, and Donald, and met them when they came out. We were probably done around 7:15, and we made our way to Casey's for a quick dinner, stopping for a brief time so that our son could join the dance party at Cosmic Ray's. Dinner took a LONG time. I ate quickly and went to Frontierland to hold down a parade spot, as my son wanted to see Elsa light the castle. While the Frontierland spot was good for parade viewing, it was not great for photos, if that's your thing. It was just really dark there. But of course watching the parade at the beginning means that it's finished sooner, so we snuck into Adventureland to meet Jasmine and Genie. While in line, they swapped and we ended up meeting Aladdin and Abu. My son loves the Magic Carpets, so he wanted to do a quick ride on that, and I wanted good photos of the castle, so I went ahead. On my way out, I found the spot for the elf and reindeer, so we did some quick photos with them and exited while holiday wishes were going on. It was a quick visit, but it was also our arrival day, so we were all pretty tired by 9:30 and we had a busy morning ahead. Let me know if you want to see any photos or have any questions!

Has anyone noticed what time people are starting to line up for the parade on Main St.? We don't have a huge group (just me and my friend) so having to hold down a huge area isn't a problem. We just want to be able to see the parade and possibly sit down for it. We do however have dinner at CRT at 6:40pm that we're guessing is gonna take an hour. Is it a lost cause by 7:45pm to get a seat somewhere on Main St. for the parade or do we still have time to get a pretty good spot? We figure if its too busy we will just do the second parade after the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter