**** official june 2015 thread! **** come check in!

I am nervous about crowd levels as well, but I figure I went between Christmas and New Year last year so can't get much worse ;) I HOPE. Enjoy your trip!

We are going in prepared for huge crowds! We are getting in each morning right at opening (early on Monday at DCA since we're staying at PPH) and getting as much done as we can early so we can see the parade and fireworks!! I can't wait!!! I don't normally go in June but I just couldn't wait until September to see the 60th stuff!! :)

10 days!

party:

:mickeybarI live about 25 minutes away from Disneyland and love this thread..I get so excited for everyone when it's their first day!! Enjoy June in Southern California everyone!!!

awww thanks, not a first timer to Disneyland but the excitement of travelling to California is the same every year. For me its about 24 hours travel from the time I leave my house to the time I check into my LA hotel, flying time 12 hours plus 8 hour time difference plus travel time to the airport and check in time at the airport, so its a really big deal to visit LA.

Just bought a new suitcase and have updated my ESTA Tourist Visa and Im starting to take my LA clothes out of the wardrobe. Still lots of things to organise

I just found out that my plans have been turned upside down. Our LA friends are planning to come to the parks with us our first day now, Saturday June 13, which is also my birthday. I thought they weren't going to come to the parks until the following week. Our park days are June 13 and June 18-20. We will also go in the afternoon/evening of June 17 for WOC (with dining package as we are arriving late).

My original plan for June 13 was to use MM at Disneyland, tour until around noon, take a nice long afternoon break, then back for the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dinner package (6:10pm reservation) and the 9pm Fantasmic. Now that they are coming, they don't want to get up early. Best case, they start touring around 10:30/11am and basically go all day through Fantasmic.

My boyfriend understands the value of getting there early, but he also values spending time with our friends. And our friends only care about seeing us. So I'm the odd man out, and I don't want to cause problems. It's tough being the planner.

I thought maybe my boyfriend and I could still get up and do our morning as planned (especially since we're coming from the east coast, it's our first morning, we'll still be on east coast time), but the whole point of them coming to the parks is to spend time with us. If we are at 7am MM, there is no way we will be able to make it all day without a break. And if we take a break, we basically won't see them until night time. They won't tour the parks without us. So I know I really have no choice but to go with the late start. Even if by some chance, we still get up early and decide to go in before them, we won't be able to gather any FP because we won't be splitting up once they arrive.

I'm trying to get myself okay with this, but it is very difficult. It's even harder because this is our first day at Disneyland. Ever. It's a grad night too. I guess I need to go in knowing we will just grab whatever fast passes we can, as early as we can once they arrive, and then try to hit the less popular rides and shows as lines build. We do have hoppers, and I know that will help us. I also must remind myself that we will have 3 full days the following week while we're at GCV (1 of which they will also join us for, not sure which, but I told my boyfriend I refuse to give up the one EMH morning we have at DCA on Fri June 19). We will also be able to use EMH at Dland on Thurs June 18, but I'm worried that by that point of the trip, getting up early will get harder.

I know we have plenty of time to do everything we want to do. Sorry to vent, but I know you guys understand. I try to explain all of this to my boyfriend, but he tells me not to worry, we will be at Disneyland, we will have fun no matter what. I know this is true. I had just planned everything out and now my plans are out the window. I have 1 week left and it's back to the drawing board.

Again, sorry for the vent.

Just like everyone else, the crowds have me concerned. If it was just me it would be no problem, but it will me and DS7 this time around and he can get pretty overwhelmed by it all. I haven't been during the summer since I was a kid, so the summer crowds will be newish to me. Last time we took DS was for the weekend after Thanksgiving last year. I didn't think the crowds were bad at all, but I could tell they were affecting him. This time I'm planning for long afternoon breaks and only one late night, which makes it hard because we want to see everything, but I know it's not possible with only 2.5 days. Oh well, I know we, and hopefully everyone else, will have a blast even if it is crowded!

marsh-what did you plan to do during your afternoon break, if they weren't joining you? Is there any way you could still do that?

I'd probably still want to do the 7 am MM and tour and just meet up with them when they arrive. Chances are they will be later than they expect to be. I know you have a ressie for dinner, but could you build another sit down meal in as part of your afternoon break? So maybe not a full on break but just taking it slow? (another sit down meal, mr lincoln, ride the train, tiki room, hop over for Aladdin etc).

sorry that they are changing your plans last minute! So glad you'll have an opportunity later that week to head back and do what you want to do when you want to do them :yay:

marsh-what did you plan to do during your afternoon break, if they weren't joining you? Is there any way you could still do that?

I'd probably still want to do the 7 am MM and tour and just meet up with them when they arrive. Chances are they will be later than they expect to be. I know you have a ressie for dinner, but could you build another sit down meal in as part of your afternoon break? So maybe not a full on break but just taking it slow? (another sit down meal, mr lincoln, ride the train, tiki room, hop over for Aladdin etc).

sorry that they are changing your plans last minute! So glad you'll have an opportunity later that week to head back and do what you want to do when you want to do them :yay:

For our afternoon break, we had planned to relax back at the hotel - pool, naps, etc. Yes, we are 2 adults, but we definitely enjoy that down time. I do like the idea of trying to fit the "break" in to the parks though...that could definitely be an option. Our friends will basically just do whatever we want, so that could work. And then we will have the next few days to recover if we wear ourselves out.

I will have to run this by my boyfriend though. We have done Star Wars weekends at WDW, been there around 5am to get celebrity autograph FP, and by 2pm we were crashing while eating our sit down lunch that was supposed to serve as a break. Obviously 5am is earlier than 7am, and we've got the time zone change on our side for DL. As long as we get to bed at a decent time on the 12th, which shouldn't be hard as we will be wiped from the day of travel.

Also, our friends will be coming down the night before (our arrival day June 12) and possibly even staying at the same hotel as we are - Castle Inn and Suites, so at least they won't be dealing with morning traffic from LA. But I believe you are right that we really don't know how long it will take them to get moving in the morning, and their "estimate" of 10:30/11am arrival could easily be pushed later.

Thanks for talking me down and giving me suggestions. I know whatever happens, it will work out.

I just found out that my plans have been turned upside down. Our LA friends are planning to come to the parks with us our first day now, Saturday June 13, which is also my birthday. I thought they weren't going to come to the parks until the following week. Our park days are June 13 and June 18-20. We will also go in the afternoon/evening of June 17 for WOC (with dining package as we are arriving late).

My original plan for June 13 was to use MM at Disneyland, tour until around noon, take a nice long afternoon break, then back for the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dinner package (6:10pm reservation) and the 9pm Fantasmic. Now that they are coming, they don't want to get up early. Best case, they start touring around 10:30/11am and basically go all day through Fantasmic.

My boyfriend understands the value of getting there early, but he also values spending time with our friends. And our friends only care about seeing us. So I'm the odd man out, and I don't want to cause problems. It's tough being the planner.

I thought maybe my boyfriend and I could still get up and do our morning as planned (especially since we're coming from the east coast, it's our first morning, we'll still be on east coast time), but the whole point of them coming to the parks is to spend time with us. If we are at 7am MM, there is no way we will be able to make it all day without a break. And if we take a break, we basically won't see them until night time. They won't tour the parks without us. So I know I really have no choice but to go with the late start. Even if by some chance, we still get up early and decide to go in before them, we won't be able to gather any FP because we won't be splitting up once they arrive.

I'm trying to get myself okay with this, but it is very difficult. It's even harder because this is our first day at Disneyland. Ever. It's a grad night too. I guess I need to go in knowing we will just grab whatever fast passes we can, as early as we can once they arrive, and then try to hit the less popular rides and shows as lines build. We do have hoppers, and I know that will help us. I also must remind myself that we will have 3 full days the following week while we're at GCV (1 of which they will also join us for, not sure which, but I told my boyfriend I refuse to give up the one EMH morning we have at DCA on Fri June 19). We will also be able to use EMH at Dland on Thurs June 18, but I'm worried that by that point of the trip, getting up early will get harder.

I know we have plenty of time to do everything we want to do. Sorry to vent, but I know you guys understand. I try to explain all of this to my boyfriend, but he tells me not to worry, we will be at Disneyland, we will have fun no matter what. I know this is true. I had just planned everything out and now my plans are out the window. I have 1 week left and it's back to the drawing board.

Again, sorry for the vent.

I totally understand! Are you staying at a motel/hotel nearby or staying with your friends in LA? I still think that you should get there for rope drop. You DO have a choice. If your friends live in LA, then they can go to DL any time they want. This is YOUR FIRST TIME THERE! So in my opinion, YOU get to decide what you'll be doing and where you'll be. You can still take a break, but instead of leaving the parks for your break, do some of the quieter, less strenuous things during the middle of the afternoon. Stuff like:
  • see "Mickey & The Magical Map" show
  • see the Jedi Training Academy show
  • if you have park hoppers, go over to DCA and see the Aladdin musical. It's about 40 minutes long and it's in a nice air conditioned building.
  • Sit at Coke Corner and watch Alice and The Mad Hatter play musical chairs with kids (ask at Coke Corner when this is scheduled to occur).
  • Sit outside at the French Market and eat some Mickey beinets while the Dixieland band plays.
  • go on Pirates of the Caribbean - it's about a 15- minute long ride and it's relaxing and air conditioned.
  • Get FP for Haunted Mansion and go on that...it's a pretty long ride, too.
  • Ride the train on the full loop around the park a couple of times.

I totally understand! Are you staying at a motel/hotel nearby or staying with your friends in LA? I still think that you should get there for rope drop. You DO have a choice. If your friends live in LA, then they can go to DL any time they want. This is YOUR FIRST TIME THERE! So in my opinion, YOU get to decide what you'll be doing and where you'll be. You can still take a break, but instead of leaving the parks for your break, do some of the quieter, less strenuous things during the middle of the afternoon. Stuff like:
  • see "Mickey & The Magical Map" show
  • see the Jedi Training Academy show
  • if you have park hoppers, go over to DCA and see the Aladdin musical. It's about 40 minutes long and it's in a nice air conditioned building.
  • Sit at Coke Corner and watch Alice and The Mad Hatter play musical chairs with kids (ask at Coke Corner when this is scheduled to occur).
  • Sit outside at the French Market and eat some Mickey beinets while the Dixieland band plays.
  • go on Pirates of the Caribbean - it's about a 15- minute long ride and it's relaxing and air conditioned.
  • Get FP for Haunted Mansion and go on that...it's a pretty long ride, too.
  • Ride the train on the full loop around the park a couple of times.

Yes, we are staying at Castle Inn and Suites for 2 nights before we go to LA for a few days, and our friends are coming down the night before (June 12, our arrival day) and staying either at the same hotel, or somewhere close. Our friends aren't even MM eligible, since they won't have the required tickets.

And I know you're right. I honestly don't think our friends care what we do, as long as we do it together. They've lived in LA for about a year and a half, they've never been to Disneyland, and I doubt they will go unless other people visit and want to go. It's just going to be harder to convince my boyfriend that we will survive the whole day in the parks! Haha, we usually spend a max of 4-5 hours at a time at any park when we go to Disneyworld. But we go there all the time. And I know Disneyland is a completely different animal. I'm thinking the Aladdin show will be a definite, and maybe drinks and lobster nachos at Cove Bar!

I guess I can always pull the birthday card, tell him this is what we're doing, and we tell our friends meet us when they can. And who knows, maybe that alarm will go off that morning, and I will want to sleep instead.

Thank you guys. You've made me feel much better.

Yay! You're going to have an awesome time :) And who knows, maybe the friends will want to chill at your hotel pool. I leave the day before you arrive-I'll try and leave some Dole whip for the rest of ya'll. :p

I would definitely still try to do the MM, especially since you'll still be on east coast time when you get there. PPs have given lots of good ideas for quieter, more relaxing activities for some afternoon down time, such as longer sit-down lunch, see a show (I love Aladdin!!), etc...Another good stop is the Cove Bar--you can have snacks and drinks and relax by the water. Also the Napa Rose Lounge is always a quiet relaxing space where you can sit as long as you like. Just hanging out in the lobby of the GCH can be a good time out, too. Have fun! You'll be in Disneyland where it's hard not to!

Yes, we are staying at Castle Inn and Suites for 2 nights before we go to LA for a few days, and our friends are coming down the night before (June 12, our arrival day) and staying either at the same hotel, or somewhere close. Our friends aren't even MM eligible, since they won't have the required tickets.

And I know you're right. I honestly don't think our friends care what we do, as long as we do it together. They've lived in LA for about a year and a half, they've never been to Disneyland, and I doubt they will go unless other people visit and want to go. It's just going to be harder to convince my boyfriend that we will survive the whole day in the parks! Haha, we usually spend a max of 4-5 hours at a time at any park when we go to Disneyworld. But we go there all the time. And I know Disneyland is a completely different animal. I'm thinking the Aladdin show will be a definite, and maybe drinks and lobster nachos at Cove Bar!

I guess I can always pull the birthday card, tell him this is what we're doing, and we tell our friends meet us when they can. And who knows, maybe that alarm will go off that morning, and I will want to sleep instead.

Thank you guys. You've made me feel much better.

Ok, so if you're staying at the Castle Inn (as are your friends), then you should still do your break back at the motel like you'd originally planned. They can go chill out with you back at the motel or they can stay in the park. If they're good friends, then they will understand that this is what you need to do in order to not be cranky later in the day.

I've gone on trips before with extended family and what works for us (me, DH, ODD, YDD) is we tell our extended family that's accompanying us to a certain place that we're leaving at "X" time and they're welcome to join us...and if they want to sleep in, that's totally fine...text us or call us and we'll make arrangements to meet you at a certain location at a certain time.

Otherwise, in our case, we all end up grumpy and cranky.

You've clearly found a touring method that works best for you guys and I think that you should stick to it. If you consider that the average local who goes to DL and lives about an hour's drive away, a lot of them go to DL just for a few hours and then they leave. So...they just do a modified version of what you're doing.

Seriously, especially since this is your very first visit to DL. There is nothing like skipping down Main Street when the park is first opened and all of the Main Street Cast Members are standing there with their Mickey gloves welcoming everyone into the parks. It's really cool.

So I just looked at the weather report for Monday...86 in Anaheim! I need to bring a change of clothes for my kids since they'll be wearing their princess dresses in the morning.

Back at the hotel at the moment. We got into DL around 5 yesterday afternoon. It was busy but not bad at all. We grabbed a FP for Big Thunder, ate dinner at Rancho, got a Dole Whip and saw the Tiki Room, rode Big Thunder, were given FP for Indy by some other guests who weren't going to use them, did Astro Blasters, rode Indy, rode Splash, and managed to sit for about an hour in Town Square and wait for the late PTN. We had an amazing view and didn't even have to stand up.

There were loud graduates in the Indy queue and more swearing that I would prefer, but otherwise nothing noticeable. And the kids don't swear any more than some adults I have heard!

Back at the hotel at the moment. We got into DL around 5 yesterday afternoon. It was busy but not bad at all. We grabbed a FP for Big Thunder, ate dinner at Rancho, got a Dole Whip and saw the Tiki Room, rode Big Thunder, were given FP for Indy by some other guests who weren't going to use them, did Astro Blasters, rode Indy, rode Splash, and managed to sit for about an hour in Town Square and wait for the late PTN. We had an amazing view and didn't even have to stand up.

There were loud graduates in the Indy queue and more swearing that I would prefer, but otherwise nothing noticeable. And the kids don't swear any more than some adults I have heard!

Thank you for your update! If you happen to pop back on here, would you mind sharing where you stood for the parade?

I actually found this funky green metal planter that I had never seen before, right in Town Square. It has a bench that goes around it. We parked it there, facing where the parade comes out. Now, we were sitting for probably about an hour but even then, the area was not crowded as time went by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter