*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

I have an update :)

We've changed our dates and resort....

Previously 12/29-1/7 at AOA LM

Now....

1/2-1/11 at Pop Century (for $551 less!) :donald:

Now...just have to figure out flights. From Toronto (where the airport is 15 minutes away) we are looking at about $800-$900....but if we drive to Detroit (4 hours away) we can fly for just $300!! and I really don't mind driving. Even if I add a hotel before and after I'm still saving money. The only part I'm not sure if is the airline...it's Air Trans, recently purchased by Southwest -- I'm just worried that they'll go out of business or something...I get nervous about small airlines.

Any thoughts?

I actually am going December and January too. I sorry if my post sounded confusing.we will be there from the 21-29. Still don't know where we will be staying it's me24 , my DH27, ds1,ds 2.

Oh, ok. I got confused. Will add you.

First trip ever for me, DH, and DS (6).

Jan.4-12 at AKL (thanks to the DIS, without which I would never have known that I could change resorts and apply the new discount to move us from a mod to a deluxe!)

Now gotta go and make me a ticker...:thumbsup2

Love your screen name! Woo Hoo!! First trips are great...but you know the very best thing about them? Planning your next trip! Disney is so huge and you can't possibly see/do/know it all...So think of this first trip as the first of many!! It makes for more pleasant vacationing!

Family trip, my mom, boyfriend, daughter (10) and myself. booked the family suite at ASMu with the free dining plan pin i got in an email from Disney. Arriving Jan 2, departing Jan 13. Debating booking an airport hotel and flying in on the first to avoid losing a whole day but not sure really of the logistics of our luggage/ check-in time at our resort.

This will be my second time, my moms 4th time and my daughter and BF's 1st visit. So very excited!!! will send pm message to join fb private group :)

yay!! Sounds like a great trip.

I always think adding on an extra day is great -- like you said, it gives you a full day in the parks, etc...also not as tired from all the traveling. But as for needing it? Nah, you probably don't need it. Want it? You bet!!

I'm not sure that I got your PM for a FB friend request...

I have an update :)

We've changed our dates and resort....

Previously 12/29-1/7 at AOA LM

Now....

1/2-1/11 at Pop Century (for $551 less!) :donald:

Now...just have to figure out flights. From Toronto (where the airport is 15 minutes away) we are looking at about $800-$900....but if we drive to Detroit (4 hours away) we can fly for just $300!! and I really don't mind driving. Even if I add a hotel before and after I'm still saving money. The only part I'm not sure if is the airline...it's Air Trans, recently purchased by Southwest -- I'm just worried that they'll go out of business or something...I get nervous about small airlines.

Any thoughts?

Yay!! Pop is really nice and you can easily walk the bridge over to check out AoA. That's exactly what I did in my Mommy and Me Bday trip in July.

As for Air Tran, I think they are reputable. my only concern for anyone traveling in winter is the weather. Gotta be aware of possible delays, cancellations, etc.

Ok, I think I have everyone's information updated on the front page. If you made changes or I didn't get it correct, let me know!

Can't believe we are less than 3 months out!!:cool1::banana::dance3:

So excited! We are going Jan 23-31! We've have been trying to go for the last 3 years but would never come together. Last week, this January trip magically started fitting.

This will be DH and DS first trip and my first trip in 40 years. Yes I was very young the first time around. :)

So so excited!

Marsha -- I agree, I was a bit worried about the driving too, so my plan is to arrive a full 24 hours in advance in Detroit, so even if I have to drive super duper slow we'll have time to spare. I love driving so that part is okay, I'll just have to think up enough to keep DS occupied. I think we'll walk over to AOA on our first night to check out all the new stuff. Thanks for updating the first post!

nansmama -- Welcome :goodvibes

eisforpants -- That sounds like a pretty exciting trip -- two firsts and a return after so long for you. I'm glad things came together for you, I hope it's magical!

I'm 80 days away as of today! I feel like I've done so much planning, but still have more to do of course. I also started a pre-trip report today, it will be mostly planning for now, but I want to include lots of pics as I go along and plan; I love reading pretrip reports and trip reports with lots of pictures. If anyone is interested in following along, the link is in my signature.

We will be there 1/4-1/18 at OKW. :)

Welcome!

We changed from AoA to POFQ :goodvibes

Oh, I'll change.

So excited! We are going Jan 23-31! We've have been trying to go for the last 3 years but would never come together. Last week, this January trip magically started fitting.

This will be DH and DS first trip and my first trip in 40 years. Yes I was very young the first time around. :)

So so excited!

Yay!! I'm excited for you guys!!

Haven't updated in quite a while. I will have a better update in a few weeks :) We are still going, despite a whole bunch of stuff happening that I don't even want to talk about! Still excited and still budgeting...

Love your screen name!
Woo Hoo!! First trips are great...but you know the very best thing about them? Planning your next trip! Disney is so huge and you can't possibly see/do/know it all...So think of this first trip as the first of many!! It makes for more pleasant vacationing!

Thanks! I'm sure you'll know why I chose it when I tell you my first name is April. :rotfl:

I am trying to start a photoshare if anyone is interested and going at the end of January let me know. Send me a pm or go to the photopass share page on Facebook!

yay!! Sounds like a great trip.

I always think adding on an extra day is great -- like you said, it gives you a full day in the parks, etc...also not as tired from all the traveling. But as for needing it? Nah, you probably don't need it. Want it? You bet!!

I'm not sure that I got your PM for a FB friend request...

Hehe my post count isn't high enough to send one. Guess I need to stop reading and start chatting.

I am trying to start a photoshare if anyone is interested and going at the end of January let me know. Send me a pm or go to the photopass share page on Facebook!

We are going at beginning of January but I'm curious what photo share is and how it works.

My flight dilemma is resolved. I read the information incorrectly on flying from Detroit/Buffalo, so it's only a savings of $200 over flying out of Toronto -- so I've booked our flights from here...that's done, and I put another $500 on our trip -- :thumbsup2. This is the only bill I enjoy paying!!

Kennethsrib -- I hope that the stuff you have going on goes smoothly for you from now on.

DenaRox -- What part of Canada are you from? I live in Brampton, just outside of Toronto.

Woo! Im excited for January trip! I wonder what "limited" theme they're going to start off with! So exciting! (Ill be there for three weeks so HOPEFULLY that'll mean three different pixie dust experiences! :))

I almost backed out of my january trip due to budget concerns...but my mother reassured me and declared I worry too much!

This will be an extremely budgeted trip, which is fine by me because ill be going all out when I return in March!

We are going at beginning of January but I'm curious what photo share is and how it works.

I've never done it, but from what I've read Photopass photo share works like this:

- Someone decides to buy a Photopass CD but thinks it is too expensive for a single family
- Proposes a group of people that are going around the same time to share that CD and split the costs
- As a Photopass CD doesn't have any limits of pictures (just of the time you have to see/edit them) and only needs the Photopass card number to be added to a single account, several people can get photos taken with their cards.
- The group manager adds the number for everyone's cards into his/her Photopass account
- All pictures are then chosen to go on the CD
- Manager receives the full CDs, copies them and sends a copy to each participant.

:thumbsup2

Woo! Im excited for January trip! I wonder what "limited" theme they're going to start off with! So exciting! (Ill be there for three weeks so HOPEFULLY that'll mean three different pixie dust experiences! :))

I almost backed out of my january trip due to budget concerns...but my mother reassured me and declared I worry too much!

This will be an extremely budgeted trip, which is fine by me because ill be going all out when I return in March!

We'll also be there for 3 weeks (though will just enter parks on 2 of those weeks)!

It reminds me of a Year of a Million Dreams when anywhere, anytime someone could show up with special dream stuff for you like Mickey Ears or Dream Fastpasses (I'll never forget getting Dream Fastpasses as we were heading leaving the pre-show of ToT! :thumbsup2)

Ok, I think I have everyone's information updated on the front page. If you made changes or I didn't get it correct, let me know!

Can't believe we are less than 3 months out!!:cool1::banana::dance3:

Our resort changed from AoA to Polynesian!

How are we in double digits already? 98 days!!!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter