*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

We will be there from 1/19-1/26!!! It is a surprise so don't tell DS 12 & DD 10! We haven't been since 2008 and we are staying at CBR for the first time. I am hoping the park will not be too crowded, it would be great to have lots of room to move around in the parks.

DenaRox -- It took me quite a while to get my post count up to the point where I could PM and have a ticker; like you i was so busy reading posts I forgot to respond, or I was too in awe of all the knowledge you find on these boards!
That is exactly it but one post at a time here i go hehe

There is a fb page called Walt disney world photopass share in which you can find people with similar dates to yours to share the photopass.however, photopass plus works a little bit different since the plus card has a different system to be able to share, you can read about it in that page :)

Thank you, i will check it out. Not really sure i am interested, seems like a lot of work but definitely curious.

Suziewan said:
I'm hoping for the obscure characters during our week(s). We cross over two weeks, so I'm hoping to see two different bits of magic :). My guess is that there will not be 52 different types of magic, that they'll repeat some of them in each season and I'm sure they'll all be pretty cool.

DenaRox -- It took me quite a while to get my post count up to the point where I could PM and have a ticker; like you i was so busy reading posts I forgot to respond, or I was too in awe of all the knowledge you find on these boards!

That is an interesting take, if the repeat the magic throughout the year. Here's hoping an character week happens in January.

That is an interesting take, if the repeat the magic throughout the year. Here's hoping an character week happens in January.

That would be nice to see different characters. We will cross over two weeks too so I hope it is different every week. I like surprises so I was hoping they don't announce everything;)

Just got back from our first trip to DL yesterday! It was a great time, but I've got to say DW wins!
I'm excited to go back to DW in 3 short months!!!

I am thinking of a vacation rental instead of staying inWDW because of the babies and the need for space any recommendations

ok,

• ASMu family suite, 5 day passes and dining plan paid off...check
  • universal studios, kennedy space and medieval dinner tickets purchased...check
  • 'ohana breakfast reservations made...check
  • photopass+ ordered...check
  • downtown disney hotel booked for day before as we are actually going early as a surprise to my daughter...check
  • 2 out of the four flights booked and paid for (sadly i have a daily credit limit that wouldnt allow all flights to be booked so booked 2 and prices jumped by 50$ 5 hrs later lol)...check

got lots done so far, really feels like its going to happen now. still have lots to do, like book the remaining two flights (waiting a bit to see if it drops again) buy ripley's and wonderworks tickets, find the envelope of disney bucks that i placed inn safe keeping and totally forget where i put hahaha

planning is stressful fun!!!

Booked my Play, Stay, and Dine at AKL. Alas, no free dining pin but still saved about $700 with an 8 day park hopper. I hope the next 78 days fly by!! -Amanda

Hi All!

I am brand new to this although I have been lurking on these boards here and there for a few years. I just booked a trip to WDW using the Stay, Play, and Dine offer for Jan. 5 - Jan. 10. We are staying at PO - Riverside. It will just be myself and my DS (age 5) - I have NO idea how that is going to go, LOL!! But I am absolutely excited. I have made one reservation for a Character Breakfast at Chef Mickey's for Jan. 6, but that is IT so far -- any recommendations of other places to eat with a 5 year old? Sorry I am brand new to this and feel like I have no idea what I am doing :)

Hi All!

I am brand new to this although I have been lurking on these boards here and there for a few years. I just booked a trip to WDW using the Stay, Play, and Dine offer for Jan. 5 - Jan. 10. We are staying at PO - Riverside. It will just be myself and my DS (age 5) - I have NO idea how that is going to go, LOL!! But I am absolutely excited. I have made one reservation for a Character Breakfast at Chef Mickey's for Jan. 6, but that is IT so far -- any recommendations of other places to eat with a 5 year old? Sorry I am brand new to this and feel like I have no idea what I am doing :)

I've never been but have been doing lots of reading in preperation for my trip. Do you want to do many character meals? What kind of food does your son like?

Ohana's is supposed to be good and has lilo and stitch breakfast.

Hollywood and vine in HS has a lunch play and dine with singing, dancing and playing with Jake the neverland pirate, June from little einsteins, handy manny and special agent oso xx

I've never been but have been doing lots of reading in preperation for my trip. Do you want to do many character meals? What kind of food does your son like?

Ohana's is supposed to be good and has lilo and stitch breakfast.

Hollywood and vine in HS has a lunch play and dine with singing, dancing and playing with Jake the neverland pirate, June from little einsteins, handy manny and special agent oso xx

Thanks Kay! I made the Hollywood & Vine reservation - my little guy LOVES Playhouse Disney so that is absolutely perfect. I also ended up making an ADR at Yak & Yeti -- not so sure that's GREAT for a 5 year old, but I wanted to choose something for me too :)

Boocake -- I went on my first trip to WDW with just myself and my DS who was 5 at the time and we had a blast. The only thing I regretted was that there was no other adult to turn to with a smile when he did or said the sweetest or funniest things, or to share in his reactions. I made sure to keep a journal while we were there so that I would have that to remind me and to help me remember stories I wanted to tell others when we came home. We are trying TRex this time (Downtown Disney) and also Teppan Edo (Epcot WS), which is Teppanyaki style and LOTS of fun for kids -- we went to a similar type of restaurant at home and this is the one DS has chosen for his 8th birthday dinner when we are there in January. He also loved breakfast with Stitch at 'Ohana and dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Ok, I've never posted anything before, but I've been reading them since before our first trip last Feb! We knew we wanted to go again, but we weren't sure. Just recently we decided that we would go in January and take advantage of the kids being off school for 2 days. Anyway, we are going Jan. 18-Jan. 23, staying in a LM room at Art of Animation resort. We stayed at Pop last time and this resrot was being built. We really want to stay here, esp. after we saw the pics and read about it! We couldn't do the deal b/c LM rooms aren't included, but I think we're ok with the overall price to stay there (although I feel weird not taking advantage of the savings...) Anyway, our trip is shorter this time, so we're getting Park Hoppers and I've planned out our days at the parks.

For ADRs, we have:
Friday, Jan. 18 - Rose & Crown Pub - dinner
Saturday, Jan. 19 - CRT dinner
Sunday, Jan. 20 - Rainforest Cafe at AK - breakfast
Monday, Jan. 21 - MM Fantasmic package - late lunch; Sci-Fi - dinner
Tuesday, Jan. 22 - Chef Mickey's - late breakfast; O'Hana - dinner

We are really excited about our trip! I planned everything what feels like last minute, though. I'm already thinking about my next trip and hoping I can have a longer stay and longer to plan...planning and looking forward to the trip is so much of the fun for me! My husband thinks I'm crazy, too, but after reading many of the posts, I guess I'm not alone!!

Thanks!

Ok, I've never posted anything before, but I've been reading them since before our first trip last Feb!

Monday, Jan. 21 - MM Fantasmic package - late lunch; Sci-Fi - dinner
Tuesday, Jan. 22 - Chef Mickey's - late breakfast; O'Hana - dinner

We are really excited about our trip! I planned everything what feels like last minute, though. I'm already thinking about my next trip and hoping I can have a longer stay and longer to plan...planning and looking forward to the trip is so much of the fun for me! My husband thinks I'm crazy, too, but after reading many of the posts, I guess I'm not alone!!

Thanks!

So glad to have you posting with us. We did the MM Fantasmic Package last year and enjoyed it. You have a lot of great meals planned. Happy planning and counting down.

Thanks!

And we told the in-laws and my mom that we're planning this trip and now they all want to go, too. I think we're going to book 2 suites at AoA (we currently are booked in a LM room there), which I don't think will be a problem.

But any idea how in the world I go about making dining reservations? I already have mine for my family of 4. I was thinking I could try and get them reservations around the same time rather than try and change ours from 4 to 9 people! They've asked me to handle it and gave me credit card info, so I guess I just need to call and see what I can do, huh?

Anyway, it's been fun reading all the posts today :goodvibes

Just got back from our first trip to DL yesterday! It was a great time, but I've got to say DW wins!

I just returned from my conference in San Diego during which I took a two day excursion to DLR on the 16th and 17th! I have a trip report going here. We're also heading back to WDW in 3 months. Now that I've got DLR behind me, I can focus on some more planning for WDW!!:cool1:

Woooooo! I just paid off our package today. Plane tickets are bought. 78 days to go! I cant wait! Is it too early to pack?:rotfl:

Not at all! I'm already buying little gifts to keep the girls entertained on the Autotrain down and back, plus some Disney clothes as I find them all on sale and putting them to the side to pack up.

Just booked a trip last thursday for the beginning of january :woohoo:

I have been to disney in may, july, and for nye so am used to crazy crowd levels. I have heard that January is "slower" but was wondering what we should expect?

About how long are wait times for e-tickets?

I have heard that fp is sometimes not used during slower times? is this true for january?

tia :)

I went this past January during the last week and we found most waits to be about 10 minutes or less ... except the big rides were around 30 minutes or so. TSMM was still 60 minutes but that's just normal.

We will be there from 1/19-1/26!!! It is a surprise so don't tell DS 12 & DD 10! We haven't been since 2008 and we are staying at CBR for the first time. I am hoping the park will not be too crowded, it would be great to have lots of room to move around in the parks.

There will be BTGs in January but just remember to zig when they zag!:)

Yay!!

Booked my Play, Stay, and Dine at AKL. Alas, no free dining pin but still saved about $700 with an 8 day park hopper. I hope the next 78 days fly by!! -Amanda

Yay for saving money!!

Thanks Kay! I made the Hollywood & Vine reservation - my little guy LOVES Playhouse Disney so that is absolutely perfect. I also ended up making an ADR at Yak & Yeti -- not so sure that's GREAT for a 5 year old, but I wanted to choose something for me too :)

Welcome! I was going to say definitely do the Play n Dine H&V breakfast or lunch. That is my kids favorite restaurant. The character interaction is the absolute best I've ever seen at any of the CM (and I've been to them all). H&V gets a bad rap but we like the food -- basic buffet food. Your son will be singing and dancing and playing with the characters.

We've been here 3x and the best was in January b/c it was really empty (we did a 10am breakfast on an EMH morning) and the characters practically spent the entire meal with us. They came over 4 and 5 times during our meal. We actually had to turn them away so my girls could eat!!

Boocake -- I went on my first trip to WDW with just myself and my DS who was 5 at the time and we had a blast. The only thing I regretted was that there was no other adult to turn to with a smile when he did or said the sweetest or funniest things, or to share in his reactions. I made sure to keep a journal while we were there so that I would have that to remind me and to help me remember stories I wanted to tell others when we came home. We are trying TRex this time (Downtown Disney) and also Teppan Edo (Epcot WS), which is Teppanyaki style and LOTS of fun for kids -- we went to a similar type of restaurant at home and this is the one DS has chosen for his 8th birthday dinner when we are there in January. He also loved breakfast with Stitch at 'Ohana and dinner at Chef Mickey's.

I was very surprised with T-Rex -- we loved it!! Hope you do too. Food portions are truly huge and you can easily share. We asked to be seated in the meteor room so we could watch the dinosaurs come to life and see the meteor showers and the "fires".

I will say that we were disappointed with Teppan Edo. We also go to our local Japanese Steakhouse (maybe once a year) and unfortunately Disney does not compare at all. Disney is more expensive and serves less food (i.e., no salad and smaller portions). The chef interactions are all the same that you would do back home, except for the "onion volcano" it becomes a "mickey head".

I hope you enjoy it and I"m sure your 8yo won't notice these things...

We love O'hana for both breakfast and dinner!

Thanks!

And we told the in-laws and my mom that we're planning this trip and now they all want to go, too. I think we're going to book 2 suites at AoA (we currently are booked in a LM room there), which I don't think will be a problem.

But any idea how in the world I go about making dining reservations? I already have mine for my family of 4. I was thinking I could try and get them reservations around the same time rather than try and change ours from 4 to 9 people! They've asked me to handle it and gave me credit card info, so I guess I just need to call and see what I can do, huh?

Anyway, it's been fun reading all the posts today :goodvibes

If you haven't already, I would first go on-line and try to make a new reservation for all 9 of you. If there is availability, make the reservation. A screen will pop up and say that you have another reservation at the same time and ask you to delete one of those.

For those where you can't get all 9 of you, then yes, make another reservation for the other family at a time close to yours and once you get to checkin, ask if you can be seated together. I'd show up extra early to give them time to try to seat you all together.

I just returned from my conference in San Diego during which I took a two day excursion to DLR on the 16th and 17th! I have a trip report going here. We're also heading back to WDW in 3 months. Now that I've got DLR behind me, I can focus on some more planning for WDW!!:cool1:

yay for focusing on WDW!!

I've updated all the statuses on post #1. If you have a change, please let me know!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter