Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Hi Everyone,
Have a question that maybe belongs here. Taking my daughter horseback riding at Fort wilderness. We have to be there at 11 a.m. . I thought it would be easiest to go to MK in the morning then take the boat to Fort Wilderness. Spoke to a CM and they told me no. Go to DTD and take the bus to Fort Wilderness. What do you think? We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside . Where are the stables in relationship to HDDR site?
TIA
I rarely do this, but I would recommend taking a cab.

The riding stables are at the Outpost, which is the FtW parking lot and check-in. That's only 2 miles from POR, so a cab would cost around $6 plus tip, and take less than 10 minutes.

The trouble with MK is that the boat goes to the Settlement (HDDR), so you'd have to take another bus to the Outpost.

The trouble with DTD is that I don't know whether they run buses to FtW before 11 a.m. Also, buses to DTD in the a.m. stop at TL on the way, which can add 10-15 minutes to the travel time.

I think the best bet using Disney Transport would be a bus to Epcot, and a bus from there to FtW (which would stop at WL first). But you'd want to allow a least an hour before she needs to check in; probably an hour and a quarter to be safe.

After the ride, if you're going back to the resort and not in a hurry, you could take a bus to DTD and the boat from DTD to POR. Or a bus to Epcot, and another bus to POR. Travel time would average around 40 minutes; it could be longer, but if you don't have to be somewhere at a specific time you could just roll with it.

Hi. We're going to DW in November with a homeschooling group. My daughter has a 7:15 a.m. class at the MK one morning. We will be staying at either POP (kids' choice) or POR (my choice). Is there an advantage to one resort over the other as far as getting to the MK by 7:15 a.m.? And, would we make it in time using Disney transportation?

My second question is this: My son has an 8:30 a.m. class at AK on a different morning. What would be the best way to get him there from either resort? Also, his class is over at 11:30, and we are meeting for a tour at 1:00 at MK. Will we have enough time to make that transition?

Thanks much!

Hi. We're going to DW in November with a homeschooling group. My daughter has a 7:15 a.m. class at the MK one morning. We will be staying at either POP (kids' choice) or POR (my choice). Is there an advantage to one resort over the other as far as getting to the MK by 7:15 a.m.? And, would we make it in time using Disney transportation?

My second question is this: My son has an 8:30 a.m. class at AK on a different morning. What would be the best way to get him there from either resort? Also, his class is over at 11:30, and we are meeting for a tour at 1:00 at MK. Will we have enough time to make that transition?

Thanks much!
Buses start running, from resorts to the parks, by 6:30am each morning. BUT...they don't run as frequently as the regular park buses do. So, in order to be at MK for 7:15, you are going to have to be on that first bus out. Be out at the MK bus stop by 6:20ish...that way you'll be sure to be on the first bus. If you don't want to be up and out quite that early, then you will have to get a cab.

For the AK class, same thing. Be out at the bus stop no later than 7:30. Once the class is over at 11:30, head to the MK. You can get there one of two ways..
1. bus to MK from AK, but it will take you to the TTC where you will have to take either the monorail or ferry over to MK.
or....
2. bus from AK to CR. When you get to the CR, you can walk over to the MK...takes about 8 mins. Do NOT take the monorail to the MK from the CR...that will take at least 20+ mins!!

Either resort will give you good transportation. Pop may be a 'bit' better since once on the bus, you make no other stops. At POR, you will make other stops within the resort.

Thanks much!

Pop has slightly better bus service than POR.

For the MK class I would spring for a cab. Have the driver drop you off at the Contemporary and walk to MK.

However, I would definitely take the bus to the AK class. be at the bus stop around 7:30. From AK you can take the bus to MK (it will drop you off at the TTC) or take it to the contemporary and walk. Either way you'll have plenty of time.

Thank you so much! It looks like the kids win their hotel choice this trip, since POP seems to be the better choice as far as transportation is concerned. I am nervous about that 7:15 class, so taking a cab does make sense. I hadn't thought about that before.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much! It looks like the kids win their hotel choice this trip, since POP seems to be the better choice as far as transportation is concerned. I am nervous about that 7:15 class, so taking a cab does make sense. I hadn't thought about that before.

Thanks again!

It'll cost about $20 to $25, but it will be worth it. I'd leave the resort around 6:30. The drive to the contemporary should take about 15 minutes. The walk to MK will be 15 minutes (at most) and an extra 15 minutes padding never hurt anyone :)

CSR to an 8:10 am ADR at Tusker House (9:00 am park opening). Will the resort busses get us there in time, or should we get a cab? Thanks in advance!

CSR to an 8:10 am ADR at Tusker House (9:00 am park opening). Will the resort busses get us there in time, or should we get a cab? Thanks in advance!

Definitely take the bus. Sometimes the AK parking lot doesn't open until after 8:00.

Hi there - we stayed at AKV-kidani the only time I was ever at DW (4yrs ago). We are staying at BCV last week Sept/beg October this year.

Being at AK we just did buses obviously and I followed my friend, as she was the experienced one. We just did what her family did.

Now that i'm making ADRs in the next couple weeks for our vacation, i obviously want to factor in transportation. something I hadn't thought about on our previous visit.

One thing I am not clear on is BCV only accessible via walking at the IG entry to Epcot? I ask because if we have reservations at Ohana's for breakfast at polynesian, do we have to take a MK bus then walk or monorail to Ohana's. or can we simply walk to Poly by walking around epcot? We are NOT getting park hoppers. So i realise BCV is not located at that entrance of epcot where the monorail is. we are not doing Epcot that day but blizzard beach water park. i wanted to do a character breakfast on a day when we have more time to get to a park and waterpark seems to be opening at 10. i just want to limit the amount of transfers w transportation.

sorry if this makes no sense. my kids walk at least 5-6k a day and i run half marathons so if there is actually a pathway to walk, even if "long" it's not long to us.

I have a feeling though that BCV is only really linked up to epcot at the IG and therefore we can't actually walk AROUND epcot to Poly and would have to take a bus to MK. correct?

or are there resort to resort buses? i remember really nothing about the logistics of our last trip.

Hi there - we stayed at AKV-kidani the only time I was ever at DW (4yrs ago). We are staying at BCV last week Sept/beg October this year.

Being at AK we just did buses obviously and I followed my friend, as she was the experienced one. We just did what her family did.

Now that i'm making ADRs in the next couple weeks for our vacation, i obviously want to factor in transportation. something I hadn't thought about on our previous visit.

One thing I am not clear on is BCV only accessible via walking at the IG entry to Epcot? I ask because if we have reservations at Ohana's for breakfast at polynesian, do we have to take a MK bus then walk or monorail to Ohana's. or can we simply walk to Poly by walking around epcot? We are NOT getting park hoppers. So i realise BCV is not located at that entrance of epcot where the monorail is. we are not doing Epcot that day but blizzard beach water park. i wanted to do a character breakfast on a day when we have more time to get to a park and waterpark seems to be opening at 10. i just want to limit the amount of transfers w transportation.

sorry if this makes no sense. my kids walk at least 5-6k a day and i run half marathons so if there is actually a pathway to walk, even if "long" it's not long to us.

I have a feeling though that BCV is only really linked up to epcot at the IG and therefore we can't actually walk AROUND epcot to Poly and would have to take a bus to MK. correct?

or are there resort to resort buses? i remember really nothing about the logistics of our last trip.

There is no way to get to the front of Epcot, so yes, you'll need to take a bus to MK

We are staying at CBR and have made an ADR for Yachtsman on a day we are not going to the parks at all. Since we are flying, we will not have a car....not worried about time since we can leave resort early enough to get there. What would be best way to get there? (I know we will have to take a bus to a park, but what would be the best park/route to go about this?)

There is no way to get to the front of Epcot, so yes, you'll need to take a bus to MK

thank you! i just realised something...we are doing epcot that night for the EMH evening hours. so technically i could just go through epcot in the morning to take the monorail to poynesian for ohana couldn't i? i hadn't even thought of this, since we are going to blizzard beach that day, but that park doesn't open until 10am.

i'm guessing epcot would not be open at IG before 9am for people who want to use the monorail. but i could take bus to MK then walk to Poly for ohana, but then take monorail to epcot and even do a couple rides before then going to blizzard beach if we wanted to. hmmm. or is that not well thought out.

we will not be doing any crazy water slides at blizzard beach, more the junior stuff for the kids and the family tubing if there is one. so i'm not too concerned about getting there for when the park opens.

can you take a bus from epcot to blizzard beach. or do we need to take it from our hotel.

thank you! i just realised something...we are doing epcot that night for the EMH evening hours. so technically i could just go through epcot in the morning to take the monorail to poynesian for ohana couldn't i? i hadn't even thought of this, since we are going to blizzard beach that day, but that park doesn't open until 10am.

i'm guessing epcot would not be open at IG before 9am for people who want to use the monorail. but i could take bus to MK then walk to Poly for ohana, but then take monorail to epcot and even do a couple rides before then going to blizzard beach if we wanted to. hmmm. or is that not well thought out.

we will not be doing any crazy water slides at blizzard beach, more the junior stuff for the kids and the family tubing if there is one. so i'm not too concerned about getting there for when the park opens.

can you take a bus from epcot to blizzard beach. or do we need to take it from our hotel.
I believe you can take the bus to AK, and that will stop, either coming or going, at BB.

To get to 'Ohana, you can get a bus to MK, and then monorail over to the Polynesian. Going through Epcot is most certainly the long way around. You would have to wait until just prior to 9am to enter via the IG, then it will take about 20 or so mins to walk thru the park, and out the front gates. Up to the monorail platform and wait for the TTC monorail to arrive. That could be about 10 or so mins. The ride to the TTC is about 10-15 mins. Then either walk (about 15 mins) to the Polynesian, or take the Resort monorail (about 15 mins including any wait times).
If you take the bus to MK, you can get a bus as early as 6:30, which will get you to MK prior to 7am, when the monorail starts running. These early morning buses don't run as frequently as the regular buses do, so plan on a wait of up to 25 mins if you just miss a bus.

You can as long as your ADR is after 10:45 AM. Any earlier and you won't make it, because you won't be able to enter Epcot until 9:00. In any case, walking through Epcot and taking the monorail will probably take longer than just taking the bus to MK and going to thew Poly from there.

You can't walk from Epcot to the Poly, you'll need to take the boat or the monorail.

I'm not sure about this one.

What is the fastest way to get to Ohana from Pop for a breakfast ADR? Should we catch the bus to MK or Epcot to get to the monorail?

Well, the fastest way is always going to be a taxi or your car if you have one. ;) If you want to use Disney transportation, take the bus to MK then take the monorail.

siskaren said:
Well, the fastest way is always going to be a taxi or your car if you have one. ;) If you want to use Disney transportation, take the bus to MK then take the monorail.

Thank you. Does the monorail from MK go directly to the Poly or does it stop at the TTC first?

If we have car reservation with Alamo at the Dolphin we set a 8am pick up. We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Does any one know how early the rental car shuttle will they pick you up?
If they won't pick us up early are there any other ways to get to the Dolphin with out entering the parks or paying for a taxi before 8am?

On the other end what is the closest location or route to catch a bus back to our resort or to Downtown Disney without entering the parks? We will be dropping the car off after hours so there will be no rental car shuttles running. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter