Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

From Old Port Royal, taxi cost should be approx $19-$21 plus tip and take no more than 15-20 depending on traffic and how many lights you hit. There's several different ways the cab could take, but the fare shouldn't vary that much between them.

Have 7:40 PM on the first night of my trip at Flying Fish. Would it be smart for me to go through Epcot on the way back to All Stars or just take a taxi? I would probably just go through Epcot on the way there to get some park time in, so I wouldn't need Park Hopper to get back in.
I love FF for dinner!!! But, it isn't a meal to be rushed through. So, you may not get out of there until close to 9pm. If Epcot closes at 9 that night, it may be hard to get back to the buses. You can try to get in at the IG. If you are denied, just walk back to the BC and get a cab from there.

How would I get from the MK to Cape May Cafe and then back to The All Star Movies Resort? Can you also tell me how long it would take to go from each point so that I know how to plan?

How would I get from the MK to Cape May Cafe and then back to The All Star Movies Resort? Can you also tell me how long it would take to go from each point so that I know how to plan?

To get from MK to cape may, you'll just take a direct bus. I would give it 45 minutes or so.

Getting back ASM depends on what time of day you're talking about. You'll need to either transfer at a park or DTD.

Not sure if this post belongs here but...

We are staying at Pop Century. About 10 years ago, I went to a Disney store that sold discontinued merchandise from the parks. Disney, Universal, etc. I believe it was somewhere on I-Drive

First, is this store, or one like it still there? And what would be the cheapest option to get there? Chances are this will be a last day event and we have quite a bit of time before having to get to the airport.

Not sure if this post belongs here but...

We are staying at Pop Century. About 10 years ago, I went to a Disney store that sold discontinued merchandise from the parks. Disney, Universal, etc. I believe it was somewhere on I-Drive
First, is this store, or one like it still there? And what would be the cheapest option to get there? Chances are this will be a last day event and we have quite a bit of time before having to get to the airport.

YES your store is still there we love this store as well. It is called Disney's Character Warehouse 407-477-0222 its located at 8200 Vineland Dr just off I-Drive at the Orlando Premium Outlets Mall. It would be easiest to take a cab at about $20 get them (the cab company) to quote it before you go just have them go south on Victory Way, East on Osceola to I-4 then East on I-4 to the 2nd exit Apopka-Vineland (536) then east on Vineland right to the mall. The Disney store is located outside the south door of the food court you can't miss it.
Hope this helps!
Have Fun! :cool1:

YES your store is still there we love this store as well. It is called Disney's Character Warehouse 407-477-0222 its located at 8200 Vineland Dr just off I-Drive at the Orlando Premium Outlets Mall. It would be easiest to take a cab at about $20 get them (the cab company) to quote it before you go just have them go south on Victory Way, East on Osceola to I-4 then East on I-4 to the 2nd exit Apopka-Vineland (536) then east on Vineland right to the mall. The Disney store is located outside the south door of the food court you can't miss it.
Hope this helps!
Have Fun! :cool1:

Ah, thank you. I searched for it and saw people talking about the Character Warehouse but thought it was some kind of Disney character meet or something. Oops.

Hi all :wave2:
Long time Disboards member, been too WDW many times but have always stayed on property - this will be our first time staying off property in 20+ years! I've had much experience with Disney transportation to and from resorts, parks but don't know much about TTC. We are planning on parking at TTC and then taking a bus to AK - is this possible? When could we expect to catch a bus to AK if the park opens at 8am? MK is open till 1am when we are there so we were planning on coming back to TTC when we are done at AK and going to MK.
Comments/advice/scenarios greatly appreciated
:goodvibes

Hi all :wave2:
Long time Disboards member, been too WDW many times but have always stayed on property - this will be our first time staying off property in 20+ years! I've had much experience with Disney transportation to and from resorts, parks but don't know much about TTC. We are planning on parking at TTC and then taking a bus to AK - is this possible? When could we expect to catch a bus to AK if the park opens at 8am? MK is open till 1am when we are there so we were planning on coming back to TTC when we are done at AK and going to MK.
Comments/advice/scenarios greatly appreciated
:goodvibes
I 'imagine' that the buses at the TTC start running at least an hour prior to park opening.
That's something I never really thought about before!

We have a 7 AM reservation to Chef Mickey and will be using Disney transportation. Can we make the reservation on time with the buses? The park opens at 8 AM that day so how early will the buses run?

We have a 7 AM reservation to Chef Mickey and will be using Disney transportation. Can we make the reservation on time with the buses? The park opens at 8 AM that day so how early will the buses run?
That's going to be tough. The buses start running by 6:30am, every morning. Be sure to be out at the bus stop no later than 6:15...just in case it comes earlier than 6:30. If you miss that bus, the next one may not come until closer to 7am. They tend to run less frequently than the regular park buses.
When you board the bus, ask the driver which is faster to the CR...monorail or walking. The monorail won't be running until 7, so that option is probably not going to work for you in any case. You are going to have to walk, which takes about 10 mins. BUT...the driver may very well offer to drop you right at the CR if there aren't any others on the bus headed to the MK!!! Not a sure thing, but it sometimes happens.
Now...with the park being open at 8, for EMHs, you may get lucky and find the buses running a bit more frequently than usual. I would still be out by 6:15 though..just to be sure.

Hi All. I hope this is the right place to pose this question.

I am staying at Pop and will have my car.

Spending a day at Hollywood Studios (closes at 7pm) then have dinner reservations at Narcoossee's at 9:15 pm. What would be my best mode of transportation for the day? If I take my car, what is the self-park situation like at Grand Floridian? How long does that process take? How much do they charge for valet?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Is there a link somewhere to a map of the entire Disney World? I just want to see where the Beach Club is in relation to all the other parks, water parks, mini golf, etc.

Is there a link somewhere to a map of the entire Disney World? I just want to see where the Beach Club is in relation to all the other parks, water parks, mini golf, etc.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/
  1. Scroll down to center the map in your window
  2. Click on "All Parks & Resorts" in the upper left to open a menu
  3. Click on "Beach Club Resort" under the "Resorts" heading (use the down arrow on your keyboard to scroll the list)
  4. The map will zoom in on the resort
  5. Use the zoom control in the top right of the map to zoom out and see the rest of WDW in relation to the Beach Club (the blue bubble in the center of the map will show the location of the resort)
Mini-golf isn't on the menu, but Winter-Summerland is located at Blizzard Beach Water Park, and Fantasia Gardens is near the Swan Hotel.

What is the best way to get to Epcot main entrance from BC? We are scheduled for the Backstage Magic tour and we need to meet at the guest relations booth outside of the park about 15-30 mins prior to the park opening. I know the IG is a quick walk from BC, but how about the main entrance. Is there a bus from BC to Epcot?

What is the best way to get to Epcot main entrance from BC? We are scheduled for the Backstage Magic tour and we need to meet at the guest relations booth outside of the park about 15-30 mins prior to the park opening. I know the IG is a quick walk from BC, but how about the main entrance. Is there a bus from BC to Epcot?

You'll need to take a cab.

We are staying at Grand Floridian. We plan on doing a different park each day. Is it faster to drive our own car to DHS, Epcot, and AK? Does it take longer to wait on buses or monorails, compared to driving our car? We "may" come back to the room for a break on some days with our 5 yr. old. I also want to consider the trip back at park closing time, with us all being exhausted.

What other resorts are on the bus route with GF?

Hi Everyone,
Have a question that maybe belongs here. Taking my daughter horseback riding at Fort wilderness. We have to be there at 11 a.m. . I thought it would be easiest to go to MK in the morning then take the boat to Fort Wilderness. Spoke to a CM and they told me no. Go to DTD and take the bus to Fort Wilderness. What do you think? We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside . Where are the stables in relationship to HDDR site?
TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter