Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Park-to-park buses start running approximately 1 hour before park opening time.

During some races, bus service to Epcot may be suspended at times to avoid interference with the race course. At such times, Guests traveling to Epcot are redirected to the TTC for transfer to the monorail.

Thanks! I think he will be at MK around 6 watching us run through the castle, so riding to TTC to ride to HS might be his best bet at 7am, right?

Hi all - Best way to get from CSR to Chip and Dales campfire at FtW? Not sure where the campfire is, if it's closer to the boat dock from MK? Or better to take a taxi and get dropped at (I assume) the front of FtW?

Thanks! I think he will be at MK around 6 watching us run through the castle, so riding to TTC to ride to HS might be his best bet at 7am, right?
I can't really answer; there are too many variables. It depends on the timing of the race, which roads are closed, how long it takes to start bus service after the racers pass, etc.

Normally, resort bus service starts at 6:30. If the race is preventing bus access to Poly & GF, then based on past experience, buses for Guests of those resorts will be picking up at TTC, so I would expect buses to DHS to be available there. If buses are running from the resorts, he could take the monorail to one of the resorts and get a bus to DHS.

The best thing would be to ask a transportation cm at MK or TTC at the time of travel, either at the monorail station or at the bus area. If bus service to MK is blocked, there should be lots of cm's in orange vests directing Guests at TTC. The buses usually pick up at the parking lot tram boarding area during races.

I can't really answer; there are too many variables. It depends on the timing of the race, which roads are closed, how long it takes to start bus service after the racers pass, etc.

Normally, resort bus service starts at 6:30. If the race is preventing bus access to Poly & GF, then based on past experience, buses for Guests of those resorts will be picking up at TTC, so I would expect buses to DHS to be available there. If buses are running from the resorts, he could take the monorail to one of the resorts and get a bus to DHS.

The best thing would be to ask a transportation cm at MK or TTC at the time of travel, either at the monorail station or at the bus area. If bus service to MK is blocked, there should be lots of cm's in orange vests directing Guests at TTC. The buses usually pick up at the parking lot tram boarding area during races.
Thanks!

what would be the easiest and or fastest way to get from AK to Disney Springs? we are going to La Nouba on the same day as we are going to AK. thank you.

I would either take the bus to AKL and transfer to the DS bus there, or take the bus to SSR, from AK, and then boat over to DS.

Hi all! What's the best way to get from Disney Springs to the Hoop Dee Doo at Fort Wilderness? I'm thinking that the bus to Fort Wilderness is best. Once there, take any of the internal buses since they all end up at the Settlement Depot area? If we do this, does the bus from Disney Springs take us to the Outpost, and then at the Outpost we transfer to the first internal bus that comes? Thank you!

Hi all! What's the best way to get from Disney Springs to the Hoop Dee Doo at Fort Wilderness? I'm thinking that the bus to Fort Wilderness is best. Once there, take any of the internal buses since they all end up at the Settlement Depot area? If we do this, does the bus from Disney Springs take us to the Outpost, and then at the Outpost we transfer to the first internal bus that comes? Thank you!
Yes, everything you wrote is correct. There's nothing to add. :-)

Reactions: CJK
Need help from all you experts. Only second time to Disney and last time we kept the transportation really easy - I am getting braver this year. Went to Transportation wizard, but figured all the experts here would have more practical suggestions for getting myself and 2 little girls (with stroller) around. I understand there are some monorail closures during this time and I also don't want to spend a fortune in cab fares.

Feb 24 Tues - need to get from MK to Poly at park close for Bread Pudding and then back to POP for sleep.

Feb 25 Wed - 7:30 am reservation at Cape May from POP and then to HS for park open.

Feb 26 Thurs - 4 pm reservation at GR from POP then to Contemporary at 6:30 for pirate cruise. Will need to get back to POP after cruise.

Feb 27 Fri - 5 pm reservation at Cape May from POP then to EPCOT for Illuminations.

Feb 27 Fri - after Illuminations going to Beaches for sundaes and back to POP.

Feb 28 Sat - 5 pm reservation at GF from POP

Feb 29 Sun - 8 am reservation at GF from POP

Thank you for any suggestions on any of the above!!

Last edited:
Hello,
We have a character breakfast at Ohana at 8am. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I've read about possible buses that can take you direct from your hotel over to other resorts for character breakfasts if you ask the hotel desk staff. Is this true? If not, what is my best choice for getting there on time?
Thanks.

Need help from all you experts. Only second time to Disney and last time we kept the transportation really easy - I am getting braver this year. Went to Transportation wizard, but figured all the experts here would have more practical suggestions for getting myself and 2 little girls (with stroller) around. I understand there are some monorail closures during this time and I also don't want to spend a fortune in cab fares.

Feb 24 Tues - need to get from MK to Poly at park close for Bread Pudding and then back to POP for sleep.

Feb 25 Wed - 7:30 am reservation at Cape May from POP and then to HS for park open.

Feb 26 Thurs - 4 pm reservation at GR from POP then to Contemporary at 6:30 for pirate cruise. Will need to get back to POP after cruise.

Feb 27 Fri - 5 pm reservation at Cape May from POP then to EPCOT for Illuminations.

Feb 27 Fri - after Illuminations going to Beaches for sundaes and back to POP.

Feb 28 Sat - 5 pm reservation at GF from POP

Feb 29 Sun - 8 am reservation at GF from POP

Thank you for any suggestions on any of the above!!
I think I've answered this for you before, but just in case not, I'll restate my thoughts.
Feb 24....no way would I go to the Polynesian for bread pudding and then back to MK to get back to Pop, at park closing. But, if you really need to....take the boat or monorail over to the Polynesian, get your bread pudding, then boat or monorail back to MK to get the bus to Pop. But, don't dilly dally....the buses only run for 90-120 mins after park closing..or until everyone is out of the park.

Feb 25...Cab to BC, from Pop, then boat or walk to DHS. You could take the bus, from Pop, to DHS, and then walk to BC...the boat isn't running until 45-60 mins before park opening....but you would need to be out at the bus stop by 6:30. A cab will cost about $10 or so, and takes less than 10 mins.

Feb 26.....I'm still not sure what GR is.

Feb 27.....cab to BC, or bus to DHS and walk or boat to BC. Be out at the bus stop by 4:00 though. Then, walk to Epcot and enter via the International Gateway for IllumiNations. The walk is under 10 mins.

Feb 27....walk out of Epcot, retracing your steps, back to BC. Then cab back to Pop. Or walk to DHS and take a bus from there, if the buses are still running when you get there.

Feb 28...bus to MK, then boat, or monorail, to the GF. I would be at the MK bus stop by 3:45.

Feb 29...bus to MK, be at the bus stop by 6:45. Then, monorail to GF. The boat probably won't be running this early.

As you can see.....moving from resort to resort is incredibly time consuming!!!! If time is of the essence, I would always recommend taking a cab. They are very easy to get from all the WDW resorts!!!

Hello,
We have a character breakfast at Ohana at 8am. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I've read about possible buses that can take you direct from your hotel over to other resorts for character breakfasts if you ask the hotel desk staff. Is this true? If not, what is my best choice for getting there on time?
Thanks.

I have never heard of any such buses. There are 'character meal buses' but those are really just very early resort to park buses. There are no buses that run resort to resort....technically. To get to 'Ohana for an 8am ADR, I would be at the MK bus stop no later than 6:45, then take the monorail over to the Polynesian from the MK. Or, take a cab...you could then leave POR at 7:30 vs 6:45!!!

Hello,
Thanks.
Get on the bus to Magic Kingdom. Ask the driver how to transfer to get to the Polynesian. He might offer to take you there directly.

1. Is there a bus from MK to Disney Springs?

2. Or do we have to go to TTC and catch a bus to DS from there?

1. Nope, no buses between parks and DS.

2. No buses from TTC either. Either walk to CR and take bus from there, or take bus to SSR and walk from there (I don't know what stop you would need to get off at though.)

1. Nope, no buses between parks and DS.

2. No buses from TTC either. Either walk to CR and take bus from there, or take bus to SSR and walk from there (I don't know what stop you would need to get off at though.)
That would be Congress Park. To take the boat, get off at Springs.

Hello everyone. Please help.
I want to go to Disney Springs and the Boardwalk on the same day. What is the quickest and easiest way to get to both of these places from MK or Epcot, please? Also, I would appreciate it if you could help me find routes where I wouldn't have to go into the parks themselves (if possible). Thank you in advance :)
And which one of the places do you recommend that I visit first? Disney Springs or the Boardwalk?

Hello everyone. Please help.
I want to go to Disney Springs and the Boardwalk on the same day.
1. What is the quickest and easiest way to get to both of these places from MK or Epcot, please? Also, I would appreciate it if you could help me find routes where I wouldn't have to go into the parks themselves (if possible). Thank you in advance :)
2. And which one of the places do you recommend that I visit first? Disney Springs or the Boardwalk?
1. The easiest route depends on where you want to go first.
2.Well, it depends on what you want to do at the boardwalk. Do you want to eat there or visit the few shops that are there? Or are you interested in going to Jellyrolls?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter