Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Options to get from Epcot to MK or to Disney Springs?
Epcot to MK is via the monorail. Monorail to the TTC, then either monorail or ferry to MK.
Epcot to DS? Bus to SSR, then walk or boat (or bus) to DS. Or walk or boat to BW (or YC/BC) and take bus to DS.

Options to get from Epcot to MK or to Disney Springs?
Everything goofy4tink said; plus, if you happen to be near the Beach Club (as she mentioned) while at Epcot, you could also catch a bus to MK from there, bypassing the TTC.

If going from EPCOT's World Showcase back to the Polynesian, would it make sense to walk to the Boardwalk and then take a taxi or Uber back to the Poly? I'd love to watch Illuminations and then make it back to the Poly to watch Wishes from the beach.

We're considering booking at the Hilton LBV in September 2016 for 6 nights before transferring to Pop Century for a further 4 nights pre cruise. We won't be going into the parks during our initial 6 nights but am wondering if we can still use Disney transport to get from Disney Springs to other Disney resorts ie - we'd like to go and explore the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We won't have Disney park tickets during the first 6 nights but will be staying at the Hilton LBV. Can we walk to Disney Springs and take a Disney bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge OR do you need to have park tickets to use the Disney bus services? Thanks

How does one get from Typhoon Lagoon to Disney Springs? Is there a bus? Is it possible to walk since it's so close?

How does one get from Typhoon Lagoon to Disney Springs? Is there a bus? Is it possible to walk since it's so close?
It is not possible to walk safely. There is no sidewalk along the long entrance road, no crosswalk or pedestrian signal across the busy street, and heavy construction in the area.

There is no direct bus to DS. If leaving DS before 2pm, you can take the bus to SSR and walk about 1/2 mi. from the Congress Park bus stop.

If leaving after 2pm, the bus will take you only to Epcot. There is also no bus from Epcot to DS, so you will then have to take the bus to SSR and walk, or take a bus to SSR or some other resort and then another bus or boat to DS.

You can also just take a taxi, which should be under $10. The taxi can drop you either behind Cirque du Soleil, or across the street from the Marketplace where you will have to walk a block and cross 2 streets on the pedestrian overpass.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJK
TTC to 'Ohana breakfast question...

We're staying offsite and driving in. We have a 7:55 ADR at the Poly, then plan to stay the day at MK. I know it's likely best to park at the TTC and use WDW transportion for the end of day convenience rather than parking at Poly and moving the car later to TTC. My question is...how much time to allow from TTC to get to the poly via monorail? I'm not sure which way the route goes. It doesn't look too terribly far in the map, but is walking even an option and if so, how long? Thanks!

We're staying offsite and driving in. We have a 7:55 ADR at the Poly, then plan to stay the day at MK. I know it's likely best to park at the TTC and use WDW transportion for the end of day convenience rather than parking at Poly and moving the car later to TTC. My question is...how much time to allow from TTC to get to the poly via monorail? I'm not sure which way the route goes. It doesn't look too terribly far in the map, but is walking even an option and if so, how long? Thanks!
Poly is the first stop from the TTC. It's also walking distance.

Don't take the monorail - it's a 10 minute walk to the Poly

Best way to get from POFQ to Beach Club? We're arriving via DME around 9:00 and have a reservation at Beaches & Cream at 10:20.

Best way to get from POFQ to Beach Club? We're arriving via DME around 9:00 and have a reservation at Beaches & Cream at 10:20.
I think your best shot using Disney Transport would be bus to MK, and then bus to BC. With any luck, the bus to BC will stop only at YC on the way. You are cutting it close; Disney recommends allowing 90 minutes to travel between resorts.

The other option would be bus to DHS and boat to BC, which would be a shorter distance, but could take longer because of potential heavy traffic entering DHS, and the boats move slowly and stop at Swan/Dolphin before BC.

If you want to be sure to make it, take a taxi, which will probably run around $10.

Last edited:
I think your best shot using Disney Transport would be bus to MK, and then bus to BC. With any luck, the bus to BC will stop only at YC on the way. You are cutting it close; Disney recommends allowing 90 minutes to travel between resorts.

The other option would be bus to DHS and boat to BC, which would be a shorter distance, but could take longer because of potential heavy traffic entering DHS, and the boats move slowly and stop at Swan/Dolphin before BC.

If you want to be sure to make it, take a taxi, which will probably run around $10.

Thanks. I think we'll make the final call when we arrive at our resort and see how much time we have. They recommended two hours travel between the airport and any ADRs not at our resort, and we ended up making one 5 minutes short of that because it was the latest we could get that night.

Edited to clarify: the times are all PM. :)

Thanks. I think we'll make the final call when we arrive at our resort and see how much time we have. They recommended two hours travel between the airport and any ADRs not at our resort, and we ended up making one 5 minutes short of that because it was the latest we could get that night.

Edited to clarify: the times are all PM. :)
Who recommended that? That's really bad advice.

Are you saying that your flight arrives at 8:25? If so, you're not going to make it.

You need to allow 90 minutes from the time your flight lands to get to your resort, another 30 minutes to drop of your bags, and then 60 to 90 minutes to get to your ADR.

Are you sure you'll be arriving that early? DME is 45 minutes drive time from the airport to WDW (that is once you are actually underway). We have had to wait for the bus to fill, and many times your resort is not the first stop. Most will tell you allow 2 hours to get to your resort after your plane lands. SO 9am is fine if you have considered all of those factors.

Who recommended that? That's really bad advice.

Are you saying that your flight arrives at 8:25? If so, you're not going to make it.

You need to allow 90 minutes from the time your flight lands to get to your resort, another 30 minutes to drop of your bags, and then 60 to 90 minutes to get to your ADR.

The reservation line when I made the booking.

It sounds like we'll probably taxi it if we get to the resort in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter