• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Got a transportation question for you :rolleyes1

We're going in two weeks, and somehow, I didn't realize that our BBB appointment was booked at DTD.:eek:

We have ADR's in MK for breakfast, and FP+ in MK in the late afternoon. We have a BBB sitting at noon at DTD, so we need to go from our resort in the morning, to MK, then to downtown disney (and back to MK). What's the best (simplest, shortest) way for us to do this? Would I be best to arrange a cab for us? There are five in the family.....

I have been trying to change the appointment to MK location, but unless we win the lotto, pretty sure that's not happening :)

Thanks for the advice.
Fastest would be bus from MK to Saratoga Springs Resort, get off at Congress Park stop, and walk to BBB. The walk is about 10 minutes. Travel time should be under an hour starting from MK main gate.

A taxi probably would save you no time in this case, as you would first need to get to CR or TTC to get the taxi, and the taxi stand at DTD is a fair walk from BBB due to the construction.

The other alternative would be a bus between CR & DTD, but you risk the bus stopping at TL on the way, which would significantly increase the travel time.

Our family is going to Fort Wilderness for the guided horse ride. How do we get from the Pop to Fort Wilderness for the horse ride?

Our family is going to Fort Wilderness for the guided horse ride. How do we get from the Pop to Fort Wilderness for the horse ride?
The stable for Trail Rides is located at the Outpost, which is where buses from parks other than MK drop off.

Take the bus from Pop to DHS, and transfer there to the bus to Fort Wilderness. You could also take the bus to Epcot and transfer there, but their bus usually stops at Wilderness Lodge before FtW, so would likely take longer.

You don't want to take the boat from MK (unless you're already there), because it goes to the Settlement, and you'd then have to take a bus to the Outpost.

Hi, everyone!

I tried searching this thread, and it just wasn't yielding the posts that I would need, so thanks in advance for your patience.

Scenario 1: Staying at Poly in early October. Need to get to an 8:00 am Akershus reservation. Will the monorail be operating so that we can get there in time? Or should we take a bus from TTC? Or take a taxi to BC, and get in through IG?

Scenario 2: From Poly to DHS for an 8:20 H&V reservation. Would taking the bus be fine?

Scenario 3: Poly to CM for a 7:00 am breakfast reservation. I called guest Services, and I was told that we could request a free taxi voucher from the Poly valet to take us to the CR. Is this true?

TIA :wave2:

Hi, everyone!

I tried searching this thread, and it just wasn't yielding the posts that I would need, so thanks in advance for your patience.

Scenario 1: Staying at Poly in early October. Need to get to an 8:00 am Akershus reservation. Will the monorail be operating so that we can get there in time? Or should we take a bus from TTC? Or take a taxi to BC, and get in through IG?

Scenario 2: From Poly to DHS for an 8:20 H&V reservation. Would taking the bus be fine?

Scenario 3: Poly to CM for a 7:00 am breakfast reservation. I called guest Services, and I was told that we could request a free taxi voucher from the Poly valet to take us to the CR. Is this true?

Edit: removed bad information

Last edited:
If we are checking out of All Star Movies on Friday morning can we leave our rental in their parking lot and use park transportation to our breakfast ADR at Wilderness Lodge, then to MK for a couple of Fastpass+'s? Not trying to get out of paying parking as we have AP's. DD25 gets very ill on the ferries so I am trying to avoid TTC/Ferry if we drive to our ADR then to TTC. Or is there a monorail from TTC to MK? We have only been to WDW once and only used busses while we were there. Thanks in advance!

If we are checking out of All Star Movies on Friday morning can we leave our rental in their parking lot and use park transportation to our breakfast ADR at Wilderness Lodge, then to MK for a couple of Fastpass+'s? Not trying to get out of paying parking as we have AP's. DD25 gets very ill on the ferries so I am trying to avoid TTC/Ferry if we drive to our ADR then to TTC. Or is there a monorail from TTC to MK? We have only been to WDW once and only used busses while we were there. Thanks in advance!
Yes there is also a monorail. However, you're entitled to use all the amenities of your resort until midnight after you check out. Except the room itself of course :) So keeping your car there is fine.

Hi, everyone!

1. I would take a cab to the BC. Much faster, with less walking.
2. Yep. Just leave an hour or so to get there.
3. I have no idea regarding the voucher. My issue? The monorail usually doesn't make it's first run until 7. I think we got on the first run, at the Polynesian, about 7:05. Got to CR about 7:15ish, and to CMs about 8 mins before our 7:30 ADR.

Yes, there I a monorail from the TTC to MK. You can take the Express line. I would drive to WL for breakfast, then drive to the TTC and take the Express line to MK.
You are entitled to all the resort amenities up to midnight on your check out day. If you take a bus to MK, you're going to have to take the boat to WL. There are buses that run between MK and WL. But, there's no way to be sure how long you might have to wait for the WL bus at MK. Driving to WL makes more sense.

Yes there is also a monorail. However, you're entitled to use all the amenities of your resort until midnight after you check out. Except the room itself of course :) So keeping your car there is fine.

Yes, there I a monorail from the TTC to MK. You can take the Express line. I would drive to WL for breakfast, then drive to the TTC and take the Express line to MK.
You are entitled to all the resort amenities up to midnight on your check out day. If you take a bus to MK, you're going to have to take the boat to WL. There are buses that run between MK and WL. But, there's no way to be sure how long you might have to wait for the WL bus at MK. Driving to WL makes more sense.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Hi, everyone!

1. If the monorail isn't running, there will be a bus. Akershus is on the far side from the International Gateway, so I don't think there'd be any advantage to entering there.
2. Yes, but you'll want to be at the bus stop an hour early.
3. The monorail should be running. The taxi voucher thing was a trial for only certain resorts. I'm not sure if it's permanent or still going on.
1. The normal schedule is for the Epcot Monorail to open at 8, so the monorail is definitely not on option. I think there will be a bus available at TTC, but you may have to request it at the Bus Info booth. If the cm in the booth is not helpful, ask to speak to a manager.

2. Yes, buses start at 6:30.

3. Again, the monorail is not an option, as the Resort Monorail's normal opening time is 7am. I don't know anything about taxi vouchers.

I have a res at Chef Mickeys for 7am on 10 January. MK does not open until 9am. Will the buses be running at 6/6:15am?
We will be staying at POP, short of getting a cab, how should be we there?

The buses start running at 6:30. Be out at the MK bus stop by 6:15. That way, you should be in the first bus. Ask the driver how to get to the CR from MK....he may very well just drop you off at the CR. If the offer isn't made, get off the bus, walk, quickly, toward the MK. When you get to the end of the bus driveway are, go right. The entrance to the park is to the left. Follow beneath the overhead monorail beam. The sidewalk takes you to the CR. Takes under 10 mins to walk it.
Even if you're a little late for the 7:00 ADR, you should be fine.
Or, take a cab. Plan on getting a cab no later than 6:40ish.

I have a 5:00 BOG ADR and plan to head to HS for the Merry & Bright Dessert party after. How long roughly should it take to get from MK to DHS? Im wondering if I'd be better off to cab or Uber it?

I will be dropping off a rental car at the Dolphin on 11/21 around 8-9pm and I need to get back to the Grand Floridian. How late do buses TO the MK run? The park is listed as closing at 10pm.
I know I could walk to the Studios and get a direct bus but after a day over at Universal I'm sure I won't be keen for that walk.

I will be dropping off a rental car at the Dolphin on 11/21 around 8-9pm and I need to get back to the Grand Floridian. How late do buses TO the MK run? The park is listed as closing at 10pm.
I know I could walk to the Studios and get a direct bus but after a day over at Universal I'm sure I won't be keen for that walk.
You must be on the bus before park closing time, so the last bus that will take you could leave the hotel as early as 20 minutes before closing time. Closing time includes any after hours events or EMH.

If both MK and DHS are closed before you're ready to leave, you can take a bus to DTD at least up to midnight, and transfer there.

I have a 5:00 BOG ADR and plan to head to HS for the Merry & Bright Dessert party after. How long roughly should it take to get from MK to DHS? Im wondering if I'd be better off to cab or Uber it?
The official line is to allow 1 hour. Realistically, MK front gate to DHS front gate should take under 45 minutes, unless there is more than a busload of Guests wanting to do the same thing in front of you.

For a cab, you would need to walk to CR, or take the monorail or ferryboat to TTC. I don't know about Uber, but there is no place for them to pick you up at the MK front entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter