Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

The buses from Magic to Animal Kingdom are relatively constant even around 8:30 in the morning? Before both parks have opened?
Yes, service starts 1 hour before AK opens, but...

If you're traveling before 9am, you can get a bus right at TTC, without going thru either MK or Poly. The last bus leaves TTC a few minutes after 9. The bus usually leaves from a stop at the far left end of the canopy, as you face the entrance from the crosswalk. There should be a sign there for AK when the buses are running. If you don't see a sign (or a bunch of other Guests waiting for the AK bus), check with a Transportation cm or at the Bus Info booth.

Yes, service starts 1 hour before AK opens, but...

If you're traveling before 9am, you can get a bus right at TTC, without going thru either MK or Poly. The last bus leaves TTC a few minutes after 9. The bus usually leaves from a stop at the far left end of the canopy, as you face the entrance from the crosswalk. There should be a sign there for AK when the buses are running. If you don't see a sign (or a bunch of other Guests waiting for the AK bus), check with a Transportation cm or at the Bus Info booth.

This is a good tip! Hopefully it is exactly what we are going to do! Thanks so much!

The buses from Magic to Animal Kingdom are relatively constant even around 8:30 in the morning? Before both parks have opened?
Buses start at 6:30 a.m. The "one hour before park opening" is often quoted as policy, but is not true.

Buses start at 6:30 a.m. The "one hour before park opening" is often quoted as policy, but is not true.
True from resorts, but park-to-park buses do actually start 1 hour before opening. That being said, if a Guest is at a park trying to get to another park before the buses start, they will generally be accommodated (but maybe not direct non-stop.) DTD is another matter entirely.

what's the best route from ssr to trails end? and how much time should we plan on?
You pretty much have to transfer from SSR to the fort. I would probably catch a MK bus and then take the boat over to the settlement.

Going to any other park or to DTD will mean a ride to the outpost and then needing to transfer to an internal Fort shuttle. If you are close to DTD and could walk over to the marketplace, you could do that but again, I think the Magic kingdom bus is your best bet.

Beach club to Magic Kingdom: I know you can walk to Epcot and take the monorail, BUT is there a way you can walk that route to get to the monorail WITHOUT going into Epcot?

Our idea is to try to avoid having to buy the park hopper pass.

TIA
paul

Beach club to Magic Kingdom: I know you can walk to Epcot and take the monorail, BUT is there a way you can walk that route to get to the monorail WITHOUT going into Epcot?

Our idea is to try to avoid having to buy the park hopper pass.

TIA
paul
No, there's no path from the Beach Club to the monorail. There's a bus from Beach Club to Magic Kingdom and it will be much, much faster than walking through Epcot to get to the monorail.

Beach Club to Art of Animation? We'd love to try their food court for lunch our 1st day. Will prob arrive at resort on DME around 11am. Just wondering what would be the quickest and easiest route?

Beach Club to Art of Animation? We'd love to try their food court for lunch our 1st day. Will prob arrive at resort on DME around 11am. Just wondering what would be the quickest and easiest route?

The fastest and easiest way would be a taxi. If you want to use Disney transportation, walk or take the boat to DHS, then the bus to AoA. (Or if it shows up first, you could take the Pop bus and walk over to AoA.)

The fastest and easiest way would be a taxi. If you want to use Disney transportation, walk or take the boat to DHS, then the bus to AoA. (Or if it shows up first, you could take the Pop bus and walk over to AoA.)
OK thanks! Glad I asked! I'd forgotten about the fact that AoA connects to Pop!

Is it easy enough to get a taxi at the resorts or is it better to get resort bus to DTD and get a taxi there?

(Destination outside of DWD)

Is it easy enough to get a taxi at the resorts or is it better to get resort bus to DTD and get a taxi there?

(Destination outside of DWD)
It is very easy to get a taxi at the resorts. If there is not one there and available, ask a CM to call one.

You can also request a ride from Uber if you have the app and a smartphone.

ok here's part 2 of my transportation question: The last time my DH played golf at WDW the taxi ride from our resort (POFQ) was covered by disney bc not having a car, there was no other way for him to get to the golf course. So... if we go have lunch at AoA on our arrival day and he goes directly to play golf from there, will it still be covered by Disney even tho we are not staying at AoA but will be guests of BC?

We are staying at BWV and have dinner reservations one night at Mickeys Backyard BBQ which is at the Campsites. Can anyone give me information on the best way to get there and how long we should plan on the trip taking?

We are staying at BWV and have dinner reservations one night at Mickeys Backyard BBQ which is at the Campsites. Can anyone give me information on the best way to get there and how long we should plan on the trip taking?

Bus to MK then boat to FtW, then a short walk to the pavilion where they have the BBQ. It's usually recommended to allow 90 minutes when you're traveling from one resort to another using Disney transportation due to having to transfer and therefore having two separate legs of transportation to wait for as well as the actual travel time.

Bus to MK then boat to FtW, then a short walk to the pavilion where they have the BBQ. It's usually recommended to allow 90 minutes when you're traveling from one resort to another using Disney transportation due to having to transfer and therefore having two separate legs of transportation to wait for as well as the actual travel time.

Would we be able to get back to the resort afterwards that way? It looks like the MK closes at 7:00 that day, and I think the BBQ goes until 8:30 - 9:00. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Would we be able to get back to the resort afterwards that way? It looks like the MK closes at 7:00 that day, and I think the BBQ goes until 8:30 - 9:00. Any thoughts or recommendations?
If MK closes at 7, and you're traveling between now & the end of the year, there's probably a Halloween or Christmas party that night. If there is, transportation will be running past the end of the party at midnight.

If MK closes at 7, and you're traveling between now & the end of the year, there's probably a Halloween or Christmas party that night. If there is, transportation will be running past the end of the party at midnight.

Great! Thanks!

Hi all! I am somewhat familiar with the bus system when it comes to gettting from my resort (Pop Century) to the parks, but I need some advice on the best (quickest) route to take from PC to the Grand Floridian. We have a 9 a.m. breakfast reservation, so I also would like to know what time is suggested we start heading down to the Gran Floridian. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter