Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

The official line is to allow 1 hour. Realistically, MK front gate to DHS front gate should take under 45 minutes, unless there is more than a busload of Guests wanting to do the same thing in front of you.

For a cab, you would need to walk to CR, or take the monorail or ferryboat to TTC. I don't know about Uber, but there is no place for them to pick you up at the MK front entrance.
Thanks for the reply!! I'm going to try to move up my ADR so we aren't too rushed.

Dumping this post from a thread I made on another board, so apologies in advance for any weird phrasing.

I'm mapping out a basic schedule of where we're going to be when to get an idea of travel times between locations. I've been using Our Laughing Place's WDW Transporation Wizard to get a general idea of what I can expect, but I was hoping to get a second opinion from folks that may have a bit more first-hand experience to make sure I'm doing things properly.

Magic Kingdom to Epcot International Gateway
On our first Park Day we'll be spending the majority of it at Magic Kingdom, after which we'll be moving to Epcot, both because of that day's Christmas Party and because we have a dining reservation at Tokyo Dining that night. Ideally I'd like to avoid having to walk all the way from the front of Epcot to the back, both to save time and the wear and tear on our sure to be already ruined feet, so I I have another option: Take the bus from Magic Kingdom to Disney's Beach Club Resort and then walk the remaining distance to Epcot's International Gateway.

But here's the question...what's shorter? The distance from Beach Club to the International Gateway or the distance from the front of Epcot to the International Gateway? If its a shorter walk between the front of Epcot to the International Gateway than it is from Beach Club, I may as well just take the bus or monorail straight from MK to Epcot. Our Laughing Place pegs the trip from MK to Beach Club at 19 minutes via bus, so assuming a 5 minute wait time for the bus and a 5 minute walk to Epcot, I should be able to make the trip in a minimum of 30 minutes.

Any alternate routes I should try instead?

Downtown Disney to Magic Kingdom
On our third trip day we're doing the Christmas Party. Because of this, we decided to forgo park time otherwise and decided to just have a relaxing morning. We've decided to have a late lunch (3:00pm) at Raglan Road after which we'll head over to Magic Kingdom for the party. I've already inquired about bus stops on DISBoards' Facebook group, as as it turns out it looks like all of the bus stops are closed except for the "main" one on the east side of Downtown Disney due to ongoing construction. This is a bit of a bummer, because getting off at the middle bus stop would cut our walk to Raglan Road (and later, back to the bus) in half, if not more.

After lunch, we need to get to Magic Kingdom, and the Travel Wizard has offered us three main options: First, the standard bus to Polynesian then Monorail trip to MK route. This seems to be the longest, clocking in at an apparent 50 minutes. Yikes! Two alternate routes involve using Saratoga Springs as a midway point: One by Boat, and one by Bus. This is where things get a little muddled and confusing.

Again, due to construction, apparently on the West boat launch goes to Saratoga Springs right now. Considering the walk from Raglan Road to that Boat Launch is over three times the distance from the restaurant to the Bus Stop, that one is probably getting ejected from my choices, which is a shame because I was looking forward to a leisurely boat ride.

A better solution seems to be to just take a bus to Saratoga Springs, where we can then jump on the Magic Kingdom bus and go from there. This is where things get a little funny over on the Travel Wizard.

If I ask it to give me a route from Downtown Disney to Magic Kingdom it tells me to use the route I just mentioned...Bus from Downtown Disney to Saratoga Springs then Bus to Magic Kingdom, clocking in at an apparent 38 minutes, a big improvement from the monorail's 50 minutes. Obviously I know bus wait times may not be factored in here, but this is just a base reference point more than anything.

However, if I ask the wizard to send me just to Saratoga Springs, it gives me a travel time of 8 minutes. Then the bus ride from Saratoga Springs to Magic Kingdom is apparently 12 minutes, for a combined 20 minutes.

So wait, what?
There's a big difference between 38 minutes and 20 minutes. Something's a bit screwy here. Any times on what route I should take for the quickest travel time?

So that's the main two. The rest of my days involve going from park to park with no stops in between.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Oh, here's a quick additional inquiry:

We're hoping to check out the Winter Summerland miniature golf course, but I noticed that Blizzard Beach is closed for refurbishments during our trip. Because of this I assume there won't be busy service to Blizzard Beach. What's the best way to get to the miniature golf course otherwise?

Dumping this post from a thread I made on another board, so apologies in advance for any weird phrasing.

I'm mapping out a basic schedule of where we're going to be when to get an idea of travel times between locations. I've been using Our Laughing Place's WDW Transporation Wizard to get a general idea of what I can expect, but I was hoping to get a second opinion from folks that may have a bit more first-hand experience to make sure I'm doing things properly.

Magic Kingdom to Epcot International Gateway
On our first Park Day we'll be spending the majority of it at Magic Kingdom, after which we'll be moving to Epcot, both because of that day's Christmas Party and because we have a dining reservation at Tokyo Dining that night. Ideally I'd like to avoid having to walk all the way from the front of Epcot to the back, both to save time and the wear and tear on our sure to be already ruined feet, so I I have another option: Take the bus from Magic Kingdom to Disney's Beach Club Resort and then walk the remaining distance to Epcot's International Gateway.

But here's the question...what's shorter? The distance from Beach Club to the International Gateway or the distance from the front of Epcot to the International Gateway? If its a shorter walk between the front of Epcot to the International Gateway than it is from Beach Club, I may as well just take the bus or monorail straight from MK to Epcot. Our Laughing Place pegs the trip from MK to Beach Club at 19 minutes via bus, so assuming a 5 minute wait time for the bus and a 5 minute walk to Epcot, I should be able to make the trip in a minimum of 30 minutes.

Any alternate routes I should try instead?

Downtown Disney to Magic Kingdom
On our third trip day we're doing the Christmas Party. Because of this, we decided to forgo park time otherwise and decided to just have a relaxing morning. We've decided to have a late lunch (3:00pm) at Raglan Road after which we'll head over to Magic Kingdom for the party. I've already inquired about bus stops on DISBoards' Facebook group, as as it turns out it looks like all of the bus stops are closed except for the "main" one on the east side of Downtown Disney due to ongoing construction. This is a bit of a bummer, because getting off at the middle bus stop would cut our walk to Raglan Road (and later, back to the bus) in half, if not more.

After lunch, we need to get to Magic Kingdom, and the Travel Wizard has offered us three main options: First, the standard bus to Polynesian then Monorail trip to MK route. This seems to be the longest, clocking in at an apparent 50 minutes. Yikes! Two alternate routes involve using Saratoga Springs as a midway point: One by Boat, and one by Bus. This is where things get a little muddled and confusing.

Again, due to construction, apparently on the West boat launch goes to Saratoga Springs right now. Considering the walk from Raglan Road to that Boat Launch is over three times the distance from the restaurant to the Bus Stop, that one is probably getting ejected from my choices, which is a shame because I was looking forward to a leisurely boat ride.

A better solution seems to be to just take a bus to Saratoga Springs, where we can then jump on the Magic Kingdom bus and go from there. This is where things get a little funny over on the Travel Wizard.

If I ask it to give me a route from Downtown Disney to Magic Kingdom it tells me to use the route I just mentioned...Bus from Downtown Disney to Saratoga Springs then Bus to Magic Kingdom, clocking in at an apparent 38 minutes, a big improvement from the monorail's 50 minutes. Obviously I know bus wait times may not be factored in here, but this is just a base reference point more than anything.

However, if I ask the wizard to send me just to Saratoga Springs, it gives me a travel time of 8 minutes. Then the bus ride from Saratoga Springs to Magic Kingdom is apparently 12 minutes, for a combined 20 minutes.

So wait, what?
There's a big difference between 38 minutes and 20 minutes. Something's a bit screwy here. Any times on what route I should take for the quickest travel time?

So that's the main two. The rest of my days involve going from park to park with no stops in between.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Oh, here's a quick additional inquiry:

We're hoping to check out the Winter Summerland miniature golf course, but I noticed that Blizzard Beach is closed for refurbishments during our trip. Because of this I assume there won't be busy service to Blizzard Beach. What's the best way to get to the miniature golf course otherwise?

MK to Epcot.....if the monorail is up and running, there won't be a bus to Epcot from MK. To get the monorail, you would take the monorail, or ferry, to the TTC and then the Epcot line. If it were me? I would just take the bus to either YC/BC (getting off at BC) or BW from MK, then enter through the IG. Faster than walking from the front of the park. I always leave an hour to get from point A to point B at WDW. Usually it takes less time but better safe than sorry.

DTD to MK...this one is harder. You could take the boat to either OKW or SSR and then bus to MK. Or, take the boat over to the Marketplace dock, and hop on the bus to the CR...then walk over to the MK. I wouldn't really obsess over the timing...there are way too many variables at WDW when talking about moving about. Again, leave an hour for travel.

Have you thought about Fantasia Gardens? It's a hoot! I love it there. It's right across the street from the S/D.

The Transportation Wizard has been known to give some very bad info....be careful when making plans. If you come here, to double check what the Wizard gives you, you should be okay.

You must be on the bus before park closing time, so the last bus that will take you could leave the hotel as early as 20 minutes before closing time. Closing time includes any after hours events or EMH.

If both MK and DHS are closed before you're ready to leave, you can take a bus to DTD at least up to midnight, and transfer there.

Thank you! DTD didn't even occur to me so I'm glad I asked.

When BB is closed (including under refurbishment), bus service to it is available from Epcot, via CSR. If you're traveling from a resort, go to Epcot and transfer there. If you're traveling from a park other than Epcot, you can either use park-to-park transportation to Epcot, or take a bus directly to CSR and transfer there.

How long would it take from watching Wishes at 8 (that is also at the end of the day at MK) to getting to the monorail to the Poly? I have no experience with after-park crowds.

How long would it take from watching Wishes at 8 (that is also at the end of the day at MK) to getting to the monorail to the Poly? I have no experience with after-park crowds.
You could take the resort monorail. Or you could take the express monorail to the TTC and walk to the Poly. Or you could take the boat; either to the TTC or the GF->Poly route.

I'd guess that the resort line would be the quickest.

We are staying offsite and our hotel has a shuttle only to the TTC. What is the best way to get to Animal Kingdom from the TTC?

I'm thinking walk to the Poly from TTC and take a bus to Animal Kingdom?

Thanks!

Last edited:
We are staying offsite and our hotel has a shuttle only to the TTC. What is the best way to get to Animal Kingdom from the TTC?

I'm thinking walk to the Poly from TTC and take a bus to Animal Kingdom?

Thanks!
Take the Express Monorail or Ferryboat to MK, and then catch the bus at Gate #6. The Ferryboat takes a few minutes longer, but it exits closer to the buses.

We have an early morning breakfast at Cape May Cafe. We are staying at CBR. Fastest route would be to drive to beach club, correct? We are visiting Epcot that day also. Can I pay valet to park at beach club for our ADR and walk across international gateway to Epcot for the day?

We have an early morning breakfast at Cape May Cafe. We are staying at CBR. Fastest route would be to drive to beach club, correct? We are visiting Epcot that day also. Can I pay valet to park at beach club for our ADR and walk across international gateway to Epcot for the day?
Yes, if you valet, you can park there all day.

Question about busses to DTD: Do they run from theme parks to DTD, resort hotels to DTD, or both? Thanks.

Question about busses to DTD: Do they run from theme parks to DTD, resort hotels to DTD, or both? Thanks.
DTD buses run only from the resorts. There are no park to DTD, or DTD to park, buses. You would have to head to a resort, from a park, and then take the bus to DTD from that resort.

Take the Express Monorail or Ferryboat to MK, and then catch the bus at Gate #6. The Ferryboat takes a few minutes longer, but it exits closer to the buses.

I'm curious as to why you would recommend this route rather than Melpenn14's idea of walking to the Poly and catching the bus there.

What would be the fastest way to go from Epcot to DTD?

Walk to Beach Club and take the bus.

I'm curious as to why you would recommend this route rather than Melpenn14's idea of walking to the Poly and catching the bus there.
I could be wrong, but I think it's because the bus from the Polynesian could make another stop along the way, vs the MK bus to AK doesn't.

Because it's a long walk. I imagine the monorail suggestion will be less walking, and maybe even less time consuming. Plus, I wouldn't want off-site folks filling up buses that should be available for guests staying at the Poly.

The buses from Magic to Animal Kingdom are relatively constant even around 8:30 in the morning? Before both parks have opened?

Sure.

It's a 6 minute walk (approx. 1/3 mi.) The bus leaving Poly will stop at GF. If BB is open, the bus may also stop at BB on the way to AK. There's always the possibility of a wheelchair delay at either resort, either on the bus being taken or a bus in front of it.

The trip from MK is usually non-stop. Any wheelchair delay would occur only at MK; there is no possibility of delay caused by other buses.

I think the elapsed times are close enough that any combination of the above could tip the scales in favor of going to MK. Even if going thru MK takes a few minutes longer, for many people the extra effort of the walk to Poly is not worth it.

Another consideration is that buses out of the resorts may fill up, and it can take a while to get another bus in. OTOH, if a bus fills up at MK, another bus can be dispatched immediately (not that it always is, but it should be.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter