Official~ Having a Dole Whip in honor of Bob "Bawb" Varley

Which is less likely to make your teeth hurt ? The Dole Whip or the Dole Whip float? I've never had one but will be having one within the week.

I just read the news about Bob, and wanted to say I will miss hearing him on the podcasts. My condolences go out to everyone who knew him.

I was in WDW last week, enjoying a late afternoon Dole Whip float on Tuesday 4/28. I laughed to myself remembering the podcast when Bob brought Dole Whips for the crew, but ended up eating them all before the show. I agree, they really are that good! How sad to come home and realize that was my "in honor of Bob" Dole Whip.

We were in Magic Kingdom today and stopped by to have one for Bawb.
Bawb-you are an inspiration......Life is good.

LifeisGoodBawbs.jpg

Awesome!!

Which is less likely to make your teeth hurt ? The Dole Whip or the Dole Whip float? I've never had one but will be having one within the week.

The Dole Whip is soft serve Pineapple ice cream in a cup, and the float adds pineapple juice to the ice cream. The float is sweet, sticky any messy (not necessarily a bad thing), so you might want to start off with the whip.

Have a Dole Whip or Dole Whip Float has part of my WDW tradition for years but neither my DH or my DS can stand them. :rotfl:

Just got back and had to share my Dole Whip experience with you all. I went to the MK after the meet at the Gaylord Palms. I stopped to check in @ SS drop my bags and go. First order of business was a Dole Whip. Never had one before but was told that they are very sweet. I thought if I order one for myself and I can't eat it I'd feel bad throwing it away. My problem was solved when I heard a family in front of me ordering one. I stepped up and asked if I might pay for a Dole Whip. Explaining I was paying it forward for a friend who loved Dole Whips and spreading the magic. Couldn't take a pic but it felt good to spread the magic for Bob:goodvibes

Thats the spot! Love it, great pic!

Me and Brian were trying to think of what we could do the next time we buy our Dole whips. I'm not sure if he heard this from the boards or if its already been mentioned but. The next time I buy a Dole Whip, I will also buy one for the person behind me. Just a nice thing to do and another way to pass on a little happiness inspired by our dear friend. Just a thought

:flower3: I think this is a great idea and I was thinking to do the same thing myself next time we're at the parks. What about maybe printing out a small card for the cast member to give the person getting the Dole Whip that says something like "Enjoy this Dole Whip in memory of our Disney friend, Bob Varley". I'm not that great with words but maybe someone on here could come up with something better.

:flower3: I think this is a great idea and I was thinking to do the same thing myself next time we're at the parks. What about maybe printing out a small card for the cast member to give the person getting the Dole Whip that says something like "Enjoy this Dole Whip in memory of our Disney friend, Bob Varley". I'm not that great with words but maybe someone on here could come up with something better.

Love this idea. :goodvibes
(although my sister is really going to think I've totally lost my mind when I start paying for the Dole Whips of strangers :rotfl: )

And I really hope a Sticky thread is started for the pictures.

I'm not really good with words,either. And I've been thinking about this as well. Maybe a LGMH with something about Bob on it? I don't know...been tossing it around in my head. My only thought, though, was....would a CM pass something like that on to the next person??:confused: Would love to hear if someone comes up with a good idea for this!
Can't wait to have a Dole Whip for Bob and pay it forward to the next person!

I'm not really good with words,either. And I've been thinking about this as well. .

Me either and especially since I was alone this trip. No one to hide behind if I messed up:scared1:
That's why I "paid it forward" quite literally stepping in to offer to pay when they ordered. I got out of their way quickly feeling very good as I looked up to Bob.
Maybe as time goes on and more CM's are aware of what we're doing it may be easier to give them a gift card.

DD and I got a Dole Whip on 5/9- as soon as I upload my pics, I will attempt to post the one of DD in front of Bwana Bob's, holding up "Bawb's" Dole Whip. It made us feel like he was looking down at us, smiling over DD trying her first one and loving it! :goodvibes

......It's in honor of Bob! I was at the park by myself Wednesday 5/7 and had to have a cast member take the picture for me. I think I look kind of "goofy" in it, but oh well!

2008-05-15%20045.JPG

[Yay - finally got the photo to work!]

I also had a great time ordering.....I asked for my one pineapple Dole Whip and paid with a $10 bill. Told the CM to keep the change and apply it to the next order of the daddy with his daughter in a stroller behind me. He was thrilled! It would have been nice to have a sticker/tag/card to give him that explained it because I was in a HUGE hurry right then to go meet my rental car pickup & didn't have time to tell him all about Bawb.

......It's in honor of Bob! I was at the park by myself Wednesday 5/7 and had to have a cast member take the picture for me. I think I look kind of "goofy" in it, but oh well!

2008-05-15%20045.JPG

[I apologize now if you are seeing the big red X instead of a photo, my photo share site isn't very good! Sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't.]

I also had a great time ordering.....I asked for my one pineapple Dole Whip and paid with a $10 bill. Told the CM to keep the change and apply it to the next order of the daddy with his daughter in a stroller behind me. He was thrilled! It would have been nice to have a sticker/tag/card to give him that explained it because I was in a HUGE hurry right then to go meet my rental car pickup & didn't have time to tell him all about Bawb.

That's great Chrissie -- I hope we get to see the photo soon. :goodvibes

Great shot (especially since you got the Dole Whip and the "Missing Bawb" logo!). And you got to sit by a princess too!!!

I want to start off by saying I hope that nobody takes this the wrong way or takes offence by it. It was only meant to be fun and a creative way for me to share some Disney moments with Bawb. Just thought I'd throw out that disclaimer before you folks think I'm certifiably insane.:rotfl:

I don't know how familiar you folks are with "flat Stanley". In short it's a project created by a teacher based on a book where kids would take flat Stanley with them on vacations and so forth and created projects based on those experiences. So in my infinite wisdom I figured why not a "flat Bawb". So here are a few photos of my new friend and I at Disney this past weekend. If it doesn't come off as stalkerish I may take him with us to Disneyland next month. I already have a few things planned for that one.

Here is a photo of myself enjoying a Dole Whip at MK.

Disney2008170.jpg

And if we learned anything from Bob it was that nothing is better than a well timed nap. And is there any better place for a nap than this.

Disney2008176.jpg

I had my pic taken with an empty cup (and yes, I ate the whole Dole Whip Float).

Here's to you Bawb!

100_2052.jpg

I only started listening to the Dis Podcast just days before Bob's passing, but wanted to say his story has touched me so much! Prayers for his family and I will have a Dole Float in his honor in Sept :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter