Official~ Having a Dole Whip in honor of Bob "Bawb" Varley

P5040066.jpg

Great pic, Heather. I love how you lined up the sign in the back. :goodvibes

Great pic Heather! Is this the 1st official Dole Whip in honor of Bawb picture? (after Will's that is) I think it's such a cool idea and I really hope it gets a sticky up top for everyone to put their pictures on.

Thanks guys! It felt good to take this pic and I thought about Bawb the entire time I enjoyed my Dole Whip.

While I was at MK, I also bought a pin of the Partners Statue to add to my small pin collection in honor of Bawb. It isn't a pin I would have normally purchased for myself, but I know how much Bawb loved Walt and thought it was a nice way to commemorate the day, since we all know from Bawb's very own experience that dole whips don't make very good keepsakes!

Funny you should mention the pin. I just happened to find this one yesterday on ebay and I had to get it.
It's going to be my Bawb pin.

e4ae_2.JPG

Heather, loving the pic and the Bwana Bob shop over the shoulder is a nice touch!:thumbsup2

Oohh - yay!! Perfect!! I am going to the world tomorrow & hitting MK on Wednesday morning - sans kiddos - and planned on walking around happily by myself eating a dole whip and a Mickey bar. I just loved listening to Bawb and the rest of the crew talk about exploring the world "quietly" as an adult; I was so saddened, like everyone, to hear that I had missed seeing the Kaht Kahm in person. Now I'll just have to find a cute cast member to take my picture; it'll be posted by next week.

Funny you should mention the pin. I just happened to find this one yesterday on ebay and I had to get it.
It's going to be my Bawb pin.

e4ae_2.JPG

I have this pin too, I completely forgot about it along with my Chip and Dale dole whip pin!

Thats the spot! Love it, great pic!

Me and Brian were trying to think of what we could do the next time we buy our Dole whips. I'm not sure if he heard this from the boards or if its already been mentioned but. The next time I buy a Dole Whip, I will also buy one for the person behind me. Just a nice thing to do and another way to pass on a little happiness inspired by our dear friend. Just a thought

Me and Brian were trying to think of what we could do the next time we buy our Dole whips. I'm not sure if he heard this from the boards or if its already been mentioned but. The next time I buy a Dole Whip, I will also buy one for the person behind me. Just a nice thing to do and another way to pass on a little happiness inspired by our dear friend. Just a thought

Yup! Buy one for Bob - Pass it on -

It has been almost 20 years since I last had a Dole Whip- listening to the podcasts reminded me of how wonderful they are! I am taking my family to WDW in October. In the spirit of his eulogy, I will buy a round of Dole Whips in Bob's honor for the person behind me in line. I encourage other Dis unplugged listeners to do the same.

-Kelly

Great pic Heather! I'll be at the MK on Friday so I'll be sure to have a Dole Whip or two in honor of Bawb and hopefully get a pic of it!

That buying one for the person behind you- was an idea from our boards yes, not sure who suggested it...

ETA:

Found it: I think this was the first it was suggested by finallydvc08 ... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24861451&postcount=72

I will be having my first on May 17th

Hey Everyone: I just was asked by my work to go to a conference at the Gaylord Palms May 15 through May 19. I am definitely going to be having a Dole Whip for Bawb, and I will buy one for the person behind me as well.

Great idea Will!! We will do this too!!

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter