Official~ Having a Dole Whip in honor of Bob "Bawb" Varley

Slapwhitey - I kinda like your "Flat Bawb"! My DD is in 2nd grade and had a Flat Stanley project this year. She sent Stanley to her godmother in OH; he had lots of adventures in the optometrist's office and at a museum which were reported back to her teacher. But, then we got a seperate report sent to my hubby and I at home which outlined some of Flat Stanley's other nefarious :eek: activities. As long as you make sure that your Flat Bawb behaves, I can't imagine anyone having an issue with the way you have chosen to honor our friend.

Slapwhitey -- those photos actually turned out really good!!!

We will have to see what trouble Flat Bawb can get into at Disneyland!

Had my first Dole Whip on 5/15. Had to snap the picture quick since it was so hot and it was already starting to melt.

100_0762.jpg

im leaving saturday and will be sharing my dole whip picture when I get home. :)

I want to start off by saying I hope that nobody takes this the wrong way or takes offence by it. It was only meant to be fun and a creative way for me to share some Disney moments with Bawb. Just thought I'd throw out that disclaimer before you folks think I'm certifiably insane.:rotfl:

I don't know how familiar you folks are with "flat Stanley". In short it's a project created by a teacher based on a book where kids would take flat Stanley with them on vacations and so forth and created projects based on those experiences. So in my infinite wisdom I figured why not a "flat Bawb". So here are a few photos of my new friend and I at Disney this past weekend. If it doesn't come off as stalkerish I may take him with us to Disneyland next month. I already have a few things planned for that one.

Here is a photo of myself enjoying a Dole Whip at MK.

Disney2008170.jpg

And if we learned anything from Bob it was that nothing is better than a well timed nap. And is there any better place for a nap than this.

Disney2008176.jpg

Awesome I really like it! nice job

We won't be there for a while but I plan on sitting down and doing a Dole Whip for Bawb......it's one of my favorite things at WDW but will be more special next time around.

I love all the photos, this is a great thred! I kinda like flat bob, I think that Bob would dig it! Keep all the photos comming, I won't have one to post for a long time!

Great photos! And I love Flat Bob. It is hilarious and touching at the same time. It seems to me like something that Bob himself would really get a kick out of.

I want to start off by saying I hope that nobody takes this the wrong way or takes offence by it. It was only meant to be fun and a creative way for me to share some Disney moments with Bawb. Just thought I'd throw out that disclaimer before you folks think I'm certifiably insane.:rotfl:

I don't know how familiar you folks are with "flat Stanley". In short it's a project created by a teacher based on a book where kids would take flat Stanley with them on vacations and so forth and created projects based on those experiences. So in my infinite wisdom I figured why not a "flat Bawb". So here are a few photos of my new friend and I at Disney this past weekend. If it doesn't come off as stalkerish I may take him with us to Disneyland next month. I already have a few things planned for that one.

Here is a photo of myself enjoying a Dole Whip at MK.

Disney2008170.jpg

And if we learned anything from Bob it was that nothing is better than a well timed nap. And is there any better place for a nap than this.

Disney2008176.jpg

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2 I think Bawb would be ROTFL about this! SOOOO proud!

I will be thinking of Bob in August when I have my first Dolewhip, and again when I have another in October.

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2 I think Bawb would be ROTFL about this! SOOOO proud!

I was thinking the same thing! He's probably anticipating all the great places he'll get to go. :goodvibes

I also wanted to mention that I absolutely love the attention to detail as far as his clothes and the boot. :thumbsup2

I was thinking the same thing! He's probably anticipating all the great places he'll get to go. :goodvibes

I also wanted to mention that I absolutely love the attention to detail as far as his clothes and the boot. :thumbsup2

Thanks, it was quite fun actually. I too thought, if anyone, Bob would get a kick out of it. I think my wife may have thought I was a tad off my rocker but I think she was having fun with it as well.

I'm sure the many adventures of Flat Bawb will continue in Disneyland next month.

Thanks, it was quite fun actually. I too thought, if anyone, Bob would get a kick out of it. I think my wife may have thought I was a tad off my rocker but I think she was having fun with it as well.

I'm sure the many adventures of Flat Bawb will continue in Disneyland next month.

I noticed your pin too, nice touch! We all have a way of paying tribute to Bawb. Pins, empty cups, first timers, and flat Bawb. What's next?

Nice pic slapwhitey! We just got back. We have a pic and a story about our adventure with the Dole Whips... just need a few days to get caught up and then I will post it here :)

Me and DH were at MK on Saturday.. We stopped early in the day to get our Dole Whip.. Of course my camera battery died right before we got to Aloha Isle.. We went ahead and had the DW anyways.. We took a mid day break and came back to the park later and walked by Aloha Isle again and guess what we got..

Disneyworld-May2008207.jpg

Heres to you Bawb!!! :goodvibes

Me and DH were at MK on Saturday.. We stopped early in the day to get our Dole Whip.. Of course my camera battery died right before we got to Aloha Isle.. We went ahead and had the DW anyways.. We took a mid day break and came back to the park later and walked by Aloha Isle again and guess what we got..

Disneyworld-May2008207.jpg

Heres to you Bawb!!! :goodvibes

YEA!!! All the better that your battery died....you got 2 Dole Whips!

Thanks for posting the Pic!!!

YEA!!! All the better that your battery died....you got 2 Dole Whips!

Thanks for posting the Pic!!!

At the time I was thinking Bawb was sending me a message to see how many I could eat.. :rotfl2: :lmao:

Note taken for my November trip. It will be my first Dole Whip, and I'll have it with Bawb in mind! :goodvibes

November, me too! I'm hoping this string is still alive by then, will make sure I get a stroller shot in there too ;) Will feel a bit lonely I'm sure, I'm a sidekick without the Joker in the Boot....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter