**Official Frozen Sing-Along, Oaken's, Holiday Premium Package Tips, updated 1/5/15

A large number of people in a small viewing area. For short people who need to be in front, it would require lining up 90 minutes before the parade- 30 minutes before they open the viewing area. There is an area for "kids-only seating." This causes the kids to be separated from their parents.

Aw man, part of why I booked this was so that we wouldn't have to line up 90 minutes early for things. I look forward to reports about how this package works and how satisfied people are - I haven't mentioned the premium package to the kids and will cancel if it doesn't really seem worth the money.

Wow. Disney is sucking the money right out of me. Will definitely be booking the package.

I don't know why they haven't figured out how to lift the guests up by their ankles and shake them until all the money falls out of their pockets. Surely they could disguise something like this as a ride. :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl:

Shoot. Make it a hard ticketed special event!

Tinkerbell's upside down pixie dust penny shaker! FP+ required.

Thank you to everyone posting this info. I have been reading this thread everyday for new info as our trip is in two weeks.

Currently on hold to make reservations!!!

THANK YOU!!:goodvibes

Yay!

What made the parade part so bad at SWW?

Parade Viewing was an issue. As itinkso said, the kids were separate from the adults in their own viewing area. The wheel chair section said they would allow 1 companion, however, if more EVC and W/C showed up the companions may be asked to leave. Most of the companions stood. I was the only one scrunched down behind my son's chair. So the ECV and W/C behind the standing companions could not see.

Most adults standing at the rope, stood. Very few sat so people behind could see.

The parade viewing ended up being about 4 people deep.

If you viewed from the right hand side of the viewing area, you could see the parade if your view wasn't blocked by someone standing. If you were to the left of the viewing area, you had a good view of the stage, but didn't get to see all of the parade. However, your view of the Welcome was blocked as soon as all the people filled in behind the rope of the parade.

CM working the event parade stood directly in front of the premium package viewing area. Managers posititioned themselves in front of the viewing area during the parade too.

The Friday of the MH parade, parents complained because a cm stood directly in front of the kid's section. The manager moved the cm and he ended up blocking the view of the wheelchair seating area. :confused3

When we entered at 10-ish, the area of shaded. By parade time, we were in the direct sun.

The up side to the parade viewing area was cold drinks (soda and water) and icecream while we waited.

My bar for the expectations of the parade portion of the package is not set high. I will be pleasantly surprised if improvements are made.

In my survey, I had suggested adding bleachers to improve parade viewing.

I'm super excited about the fireworks dessert. That was the best part of the package for Feel the Force!! No complaints there.

All the cost of a character dining experience just without the character interaction or meal, but you get all the benefits of doing something that is available for FP+ for many other events.

Compared to the SWW price of Feel the Force, you are getting more bang for your buck. For a few $ more a show was added!

During SWW the VIP package was $499, included a few characters, shopping, shows, a few attractions, the parade and fireworks dessert.

So I went ahead & booked it along with a 1:35 H&V. Surely there will be availability at one of the 5 other Sing-a-Longs besides 1:30 & 2:30. I will be anxiously awaiting to hear about other's experiences signing up for the shows before our 7/20 visit. Thanks everyone for the quick heads up. I can imagine phone wait times won't be less than 5 minutes once this news is more wide spread.

I'll be there the first day. By evening, hope to report back.

I'm sure with so many shows, it shouldn't be a problem.

I can't believe I just booked the package too. More extra money than just the tickets. Oh well. We may not do it again. An expensive fast pass.

I was on hold for about 5 minutes. After I hung up, checked online, and my package showed up in my dining ressies. Very fast and easy.

I hope it will be good. We really want to see the fireworks and a dessert party sounds fun too. We will be celebrating my DD's bday, so I like knowing I have a place for the parade, sing along and fireworks viewing.

Sounds like a great birthday celebration day!

The dessert fireworks was the best part of Feel the Force. I'd expect the same with this package.

I just reserved the frozen experience as well for 8/26. I also purchased villains unleashed tickets a few weeks back, So HS is getting a lot of money from me this trip. We are there for 17 days but I don't want to fight the frozen hysteria crowds.

We hadn't bought Villains Unleashed yet. But decided not to since we booked this. You will have a great couple of days at DHS!

Thanks so much!!! Calling them now! :hyper:

Booking August 10th btw!

Enjoy!

I booked for 8/25 it also shows up on MDE looking forward to surprising the kids with this!

That will be a fun surprise!

My son was most impressed by the all you can eat Mickey bars, lol.

Don't know what to do! DD20 and I are coming Tuesday for a four night mother-daughter trip... Not sure I want to be tied to HS for all of that, but it sounds exciting. What to do, what to do??? :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Either way, it should be fun.

A large number of people in a small viewing area. For short people who need to be in front, it would require lining up 90 minutes before the parade- 30 minutes before they open the viewing area. There is an area for "kids-only seating." This causes the kids to be separated from their parents.

What would make this better than SWW is if it were a wide swath of "at the rope" viewing and in the shade. Probably not possible but it will be interesting to see if anything is improved.

Agree.

I don't know why they haven't figured out how to lift the guests up by their ankles and shake them until all the money falls out of their pockets. Surely they could disguise something like this as a ride. :lmao:

LOL

It was 10 mins wait 20 mins ago. lol

I also moved my H&V ressie to 1:35 and rearrange my PM FP+ to leave room for the sing along.

Recall those 5 hours wait time at A&E M&G in EPCOT?? I think this package is great. Now I don't need to cancel my AK day or add extra park day. Yeah!

It's hard to know what to expect with this. Even still seeing 2 hour waits at the MK.

Disney was smart to cash in on A&E this summer.

I am really hoping this ends up somehow getting extended..I am so disappointed as we arrive Sept 5th and JUST miss it... If I had known when we booked everything I would have gone a week early!

So close!

With MNSSHP and the F&W Festival, I'm not sure how they'd extend it. Of course, they could and totally boost the economy by hiring tons of people to cover all the events!

Yay!

Parade Viewing was an issue. As itinkso said, the kids were separate from the adults in their own viewing area. The wheel chair section said they would allow 1 companion, however, if more EVC and W/C showed up the companions may be asked to leave. Most of the companions stood. I was the only one scrunched down behind my son's chair. So the ECV and W/C behind the standing companions could not see.

Most adults standing at the rope, stood. Very few sat so people behind could see.

The parade viewing ended up being about 4 people deep.

If you viewed from the right hand side of the viewing area, you could see the parade if your view wasn't blocked by someone standing. If you were to the left of the viewing area, you had a good view of the stage, but didn't get to see all of the parade. However, your view of the Welcome was blocked as soon as all the people filled in behind the rope of the parade.

CM working the event parade stood directly in front of the premium package viewing area. Managers posititioned themselves in front of the viewing area during the parade too.

The Friday of the MH parade, parents complained because a cm stood directly in front of the kid's section. The manager moved the cm and he ended up blocking the view of the wheelchair seating area. :confused3

When we entered at 10-ish, the area of shaded. By parade time, we were in the direct sun.

The up side to the parade viewing area was cold drinks (soda and water) and icecream while we waited.

My bar for the expectations of the parade portion of the package is not set high. I will be pleasantly surprised if improvements are made.

In my survey, I had suggested adding bleachers to improve parade viewing.

I'm super excited about the fireworks dessert. That was the best part of the package for Feel the Force!! No complaints there.

Compared to the SWW price of Feel the Force, you are getting more bang for your buck. For a few $ more a show was added!

During SWW the VIP package was $499, included a few characters, shopping, shows, a few attractions, the parade and fireworks dessert.

I'll be there the first day. By evening, hope to report back.

I'm sure with so many shows, it shouldn't be a problem.

Sounds like a great birthday celebration day!

The dessert fireworks was the best part of Feel the Force. I'd expect the same with this package.

We hadn't bought Villains Unleashed yet. But decided not to since we booked this. You will have a great couple of days at DHS!

Enjoy!

That will be a fun surprise!

My son was most impressed by the all you can eat Mickey bars, lol.

Either way, it should be fun.

Agree.

LOL

It's hard to know what to expect with this. Even still seeing 2 hour waits at the MK.

Disney was smart to cash in on A&E this summer.

So close!

With MNSSHP and the F&W Festival, I'm not sure how they'd extend it. Of course, they could and totally boost the economy by hiring tons of people to cover all the events!

Thanks for all your great info. We always seem to miss the good stuff going at the end of August. At least we get to do a couple of extras this year.

Just booked! I am so very excited for this and feel it is a good price when you consider what you get (dessert party, reserved seating/viewing, refreshments, etc.).

I jumped on it too as soon as i saw it -- does it show up in your MDE as a Star Wars "Feel the Force Premium package"? Or did my phone agent screw up?

Mine is coming up that way too. It says the diner and then the package when you click on it. No worries.

Here are photos of the Feel the Force package viewing area for the parade and fireworks:

397df305876e7f9775e50d61054d4cac_zps7fd75b0b.jpg

8e5348e26d8a9725bf16b7fda36749d3_zps9a4935b9.jpg

I am not really concerned about the parade at all. I will go and get some of the refreshments but I am really paying for the reserved seating for the sing along and for the fireworks dessert party. There is no way that our two year old would stand for a few hours to wait for the sing along so it is well worth the money for us with the refreshments/dessert party added in.

Yes - 48 hour policy as for all pre-paid ADRs. 24 hours for regular ADRs but because this is pre-paid, the CMs state 2 days - by midnight of that designated day.

Ughhh pre-paid. The worst. I don't really feel like loaning WDW $300 for 2 months if I end up cancelling.

24 Hours was what my cm said. Oops. Good to know is 48.

24 would be much better!! I had called to double-check and the CM told me two days. That was the only reason why I decided to cancel because we didn't return from our cruise until 24 hours before our FtF package and I didn't want to be one short nor lose out on $$$! Is it 24 hours for the other parks' dessert parties? I'm thinking those are 48, too.

We are headed down at the end of September and hoping that the summer fun is just a Beta test that they might continue?

What do you think the chances are of this? Fingers crossed!

Thinking back. I am sure mine said there is no rain alternate location? I know for the parade it was cancelled for rain during SWW once, but the dessert party was re-located. Did anyone else catch this when you made your reservation?

Booked it for 8/31 :cool1:

:cool1:

Aw man, part of why I booked this was so that we wouldn't have to line up 90 minutes early for things. I look forward to reports about how this package works and how satisfied people are - I haven't mentioned the premium package to the kids and will cancel if it doesn't really seem worth the money.

I will not line up 90 minutes early. In this heat we've been having it would not be healthy. My son had a seizure after the parade June 6th. Definitely not risking that again. On that day, it was 9:30am when the line started outside of Min and Bill's.

If we don't get a view, we'll just pick a shady spot and eat the treats. We'll catch the parade another day.

Wow. Disney is sucking the money right out of me. Will definitely be booking the package.

Between SWW and this, me too.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl:

Shoot. Make it a hard ticketed special event!

Tinkerbell's upside down pixie dust penny shaker! FP+ required.

I'm happy it's just general admission. Perhaps in the future this will be a hard ticket. That's what happened with Villains Unleashed.

Thanks for all your great info. We always seem to miss the good stuff going at the end of August. At least we get to do a couple of extras this year.

But you get the great low crowd levels at the end of August with schools back in session.

Just booked! I am so very excited for this and feel it is a good price when you consider what you get (dessert party, reserved seating/viewing, refreshments, etc.).

Mine is coming up that way too. It says the diner and then the package when you click on it. No worries.

Yay!

I think the price is good. I felt got our money's worth out of the Feel the Force package. With this one adding the show, I feel even better!

On the MDE app, mine shows up as Min and Bill's Dockside Diner. So same as the website for me.

Here are photos of the Feel the Force package viewing area for the parade and fireworks:

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I am not really concerned about the parade at all. I will go and get some of the refreshments but I am really paying for the reserved seating for the sing along and for the fireworks dessert party. There is no way that our two year old would stand for a few hours to wait for the sing along so it is well worth the money for us with the refreshments/dessert party added in.

I agree completely.

24 would be much better!! I had called to double-check and the CM told me two days. That was the only reason why I decided to cancel because we didn't return from our cruise until 24 hours before our FtF package and I didn't want to be one short nor lose out on $$$! Is it 24 hours for the other parks' dessert parties? I'm thinking those are 48, too.

I'm glad I've got the heads up now. Though I don't plan to cancel.

I swear my CM said 24 also.

I know mine did. I wrote it down as she said it.

My CM said 24 hours cancellation, too!

Yes, mine too.

Do you guys think the sing along will actually be an hour long wait? Theater fits 1000 people in it... Should mitigate at least slightly? Right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter