• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*-Official February 2015 Thread-*

Magic Bands are here!!:cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cool1: Along with the cute DVC sliders.

Warm and cozy and ready for the blizzard of 2015 to start. No school tomorrow. Not looking forward to 2 feet of snow.

Ooooof. What a great time 4 days before our trip to lose my wallet. :(

Now have to find time between work to go get license, health card, debit, credit cards all replaced. Sigh.

I'm so sorry! :guilty: I hope you're able to get things set right before you go. If not, don't let it dampen the wonderful trip ahead of you.

As for this "norBEASTer", we're just out of range but still getting lake effect snow from the Great Lakes. Also hoping those who are in the middle of it stay warm and safe and any of you traveling soon will have decent weather by then.

Is anyone interested in doing a Memory Maker share in February? I've been burned by someone else who was attempting to lead a lot of shares and Disney caught on. I am only interested in doing a share with a few other families - no more than 5 total - and we would use my real MDE account instead of setting up a fake account.

Nails done tonight! Hoping the weather clears soon for the east coast! Ready for Thursday 4pm to be here! Hope I get all caught up at work. Oh my :rotfl2::hourglass:badpc:

Ugh! Here it is, 2 am, 2ays before we leave... And dd has the flu!!! We don't know what this means for our vacation.

Poor thing... As she finished her first round of getting sick in the toilet, she was wiping her mouth and said in the most pitiful voice "guess we're not going to Disney." :( I was thinking it, but she voiced it. :(. I told her that this doesn't necessarily mean that yet. She still has a couple of days to beat the flu. She might be fine and fever-free on Wed, which would make it ok to still drive down on Thurs, right? Right? RIGHT???

Ugh! Here it is, 2 am, 2ays before we leave... And dd has the flu!!! We don't know what this means for our vacation. Poor thing... As she finished her first round of getting sick in the toilet, she was wiping her mouth and said in the most pitiful voice "guess we're not going to Disney." :( I was thinking it, but she voiced it. :(. I told her that this doesn't necessarily mean that yet. She still has a couple of days to beat the flu. She might be fine and fever-free on Wed, which would make it ok to still drive down on Thurs, right? Right? RIGHT???
you poor things! I am sure that the doctor will be able to give you a better idea of the timeline for illness and recovery, but as someone who has traveled while sick, I would think that delaying the trip for a day or two (while it is not the most fun option) might be the better option. Being sick on vacation is fun for no one, and being contagious at the Disney Parks... Well, you've seen how that one has worked out recently.
I hope your DD feels better soon, and you are able to get on your way as quickly as possible.
Keep us updated.

Any other first week-of-February-goers hoping it's warm enough for typhoon lagoon?

We are from the North, so upper 60s, low 70s are plenty warm for water parks and swimming for us! I see TL is closed through the 28th due to cool weather... I'm just hoping we get at least one good waterpark day

Any other first week-of-February-goers hoping it's warm enough for typhoon lagoon?

We are from the North, so upper 60s, low 70s are plenty warm for water parks and swimming for us! I see TL is closed through the 28th due to cool weather... I'm just hoping we get at least one good waterpark day

According to Accuweather (and the link from Disney Destinations's email this morning), it's supposed to be 78 on Sunday!!! With this winter skin, that'll be downright HOT!

Hope this flu will pass and we'll still be down there for it!

Ugh! Here it is, 2 am, 2ays before we leave... And dd has the flu!!! We don't know what this means for our vacation.

Poor thing... As she finished her first round of getting sick in the toilet, she was wiping her mouth and said in the most pitiful voice "guess we're not going to Disney." :( I was thinking it, but she voiced it. :(. I told her that this doesn't necessarily mean that yet. She still has a couple of days to beat the flu. She might be fine and fever-free on Wed, which would make it ok to still drive down on Thurs, right? Right? RIGHT???

I do hope your daughter starts to feel better.

Feb 8th - Feb 22nd

We are a group of 12 staying just off site.

Cant wait

How exciting! We'll be there at the same time! We're going to be there Feb 9-11.
Hope to see you! we'll be the ones going crazy with the kilts. lol

I hope she starts to feel better! I'm allergic to most meds so when I start to feel like I've got a cold or flu, my doctor gave me a great homeopathic remedy that tends to work for me. What he told me to do was to make a tea out of Basil. 2 Teaspoons per cup of water for 20 minutes and then add honey and drink up to a cup and a half per day. Don't know if you're willing to try it, but it's worked wonders for me in the past.

How exciting! We'll be there at the same time! We're going to be there Feb 9-11.
Hope to see you! we'll be the ones going crazy with the kilts. lol

I hope she starts to feel better! I'm allergic to most meds so when I start to feel like I've got a cold or flu, my doctor gave me a great homeopathic remedy that tends to work for me. What he told me to do was to make a tea out of Basil. 2 Teaspoons per cup of water for 20 minutes and then add honey and drink up to a cup and a half per day. Don't know if you're willing to try it, but it's worked wonders for me in the past.

Thanks! I'm not sure DD will want to try it - she's only 11, and hasn't even mastered pills yet, and makes a gross scrunchy face with regular tea, but maybe I'll make a cup and see if she'll take it. And I'll probably do one for myself... you know - to keep her germs from taking hold in my body! Think it'll help for that?

Do I just use dried basil, like from my spice cabinet?

I do hope your daughter starts to feel better.

Thank you! She's keeping Tylenol and pita chips (we were out of crackers and it's the closest I've got!) down! It's been a whole hour of keeping things in her stomach - little victories!

you poor things! I am sure that the doctor will be able to give you a better idea of the timeline for illness and recovery, but as someone who has traveled while sick, I would think that delaying the trip for a day or two (while it is not the most fun option) might be the better option. Being sick on vacation is fun for no one, and being contagious at the Disney Parks... Well, you've seen how that one has worked out recently.
I hope your DD feels better soon, and you are able to get on your way as quickly as possible.
Keep us updated.

Thank you. Dr said "it's the flu. Probably picked it up at school... ride it out." She was never one to prescribe much... she's an old school believer in "building natural antibodies". never gave us anything when DD had H1N1 either... she missed 18 days of school in one month! It was crazy... we got 2nd opinions, of course, but ended up riding it out. It took a while but she was fine. And this is really the first time she's been sick since. yay flu! (can ya hear the sarcasm?!)

Luckily, our original plan includes a full day of driving (aka resting in the car) and then we ease into our vacation with a 5-8 hour day at a museum, then 7 more hours of driving before we get to Disney just in time to sleep. Then we hit the parks, so she has until Saturday to feel up to snuff.

Does anyone know what is involved in postponing a trip - even a week? I dread calling to find out - I'll have to call Disney, and start all over with ADRs and FP+s, BOG lunch FP. THEN, I'll have to call Universal (or really, Cheap Tickets) to reschedule hotel.... we're waiting probably until tomorrow to really change it for sure - see how today goes.

If we do have to postpone, we'll lose:
  • all ADRs (will HDDR be refunded? We'd be at least 4 days out)
  • all FP+s
  • BOG lunch FP
  • $200 deposit
  • $100 hotel room on the way down (non-refundable)
  • our great rate for Universal's Hard Rock Hotel... we caught it on a great sale.

Again, we'll see how today goes... *fingers crossed* I'm drinking OJ and eating oranges like it's going out of style... need to keep myself healthy too!

Thanks! I'm not sure DD will want to try it - she's only 11, and hasn't even mastered pills yet, and makes a gross scrunchy face with regular tea, but maybe I'll make a cup and see if she'll take it. And I'll probably do one for myself... you know - to keep her germs from taking hold in my body! Think it'll help for that?

Do I just use dried basil, like from my spice cabinet?

Absolutely! Honestly, just add a ton of honey and a squirt of lemon juice (helps the tang and stomach), and she'll barely even notice. Also, if you can get ahold of honeysuckle flowers, or the pre-made tea, and add the basil to that one, it should even help kill the fever. Dandelion Juice also helps kill fevers, but I think thats harder to find lol.

Thank you! She's keeping Tylenol and pita chips (we were out of crackers and it's the closest I've got!) down! It's been a whole hour of keeping things in her stomach - little victories!

Thank you. Dr said "it's the flu. Probably picked it up at school... ride it out." She was never one to prescribe much... she's an old school believer in "building natural antibodies". never gave us anything when DD had H1N1 either... she missed 18 days of school in one month! It was crazy... we got 2nd opinions, of course, but ended up riding it out. It took a while but she was fine. And this is really the first time she's been sick since. yay flu! (can ya hear the sarcasm?!)

Luckily, our original plan includes a full day of driving (aka resting in the car) and then we ease into our vacation with a 5-8 hour day at a museum, then 7 more hours of driving before we get to Disney just in time to sleep. Then we hit the parks, so she has until Saturday to feel up to snuff.

Does anyone know what is involved in postponing a trip - even a week? I dread calling to find out - I'll have to call Disney, and start all over with ADRs and FP+s, BOG lunch FP. THEN, I'll have to call Universal (or really, Cheap Tickets) to reschedule hotel.... we're waiting probably until tomorrow to really change it for sure - see how today goes.

• all FP+s
  • BOG lunch FP
  • $200 deposit
  • our great rate for Universal's Hard Rock Hotel... we caught it on a great sale.

Again, we'll see how today goes... *fingers crossed* I'm drinking OJ and eating oranges like it's going out of style... need to keep myself healthy too!

Does she have a fever? Most of the kids at my school with the stomach thing are good within 24-36 hours. Some who have the fever are obviously out for longer. Fingers crossed it is quick!

• all FP+s
  • BOG lunch FP
  • $200 deposit

My mother-in-law's health failed fast just prior to our last trip.
Her cancer returned on 12/8.
She passed on 1/4, we buried her on 1/8....

DD and I left for WDW on 1/15.

We were unsure how long she would be with us. We would never - ever have left if she was still here with us.

That said, I had numerous phone conversations with Disney throughout this experience. They were so accomodating should we have needed to change our reservations in any way. (we did not, as the scenario happened)

We had a package. (Play Stay and Dine)
You may not even lose your $200 deposit.
If you call within 48 hours, your package may just be able to be transferred to another date.
They told me that they would have either transferred or refunded the whole package amount; provided it was within 48 hours.
If it is less than 48 hours from checkin time - there is not much that can ben done. That is imperitive.

You may even be able to furnish a doctor's excuse, right?

Good luck. I hope that your daughter is feeling better very soon.

Just found this thread. We'll be at VWL February 23-28. Everything is booked and I am just waiting to get my BOG FP very early tomorrow! We still haven't told the kids and I can't decide how or when I want to tell them yet!

Well just a few more da us and hopefully I will be checking into my resort! Just saw Denver forecast and calling for snow on Thursday evening and Friday! Hopefully it won't amount to much so I can get to Sunny Warm Florida! Saw the forecast there as well and looks FANTASTIC mid to upper 70's except my last day!

I hope your daughter gets better soon and none of the rest of you get sick. Thinking happy thoughts for you!

I called Disney today to make a room request. The cast member said she saw I was celebrating my Birthday! Soooo excited!

I'm so sorry to hear your daughter is sick! I think the basil tea another person suggested is a great idea. Also, maybe if there is no fever, she will be feeling better soon.

Sending lots of healthy, healing thoughts your way :flower3:

Thank you! She's keeping Tylenol and pita chips (we were out of crackers and it's the closest I've got!) down! It's been a whole hour of keeping things in her stomach - little victories! Thank you. Dr said "it's the flu. Probably picked it up at school... ride it out." She was never one to prescribe much... she's an old school believer in "building natural antibodies". never gave us anything when DD had H1N1 either... she missed 18 days of school in one month! It was crazy... we got 2nd opinions, of course, but ended up riding it out. It took a while but she was fine. And this is really the first time she's been sick since. yay flu! (can ya hear the sarcasm?!) Luckily, our original plan includes a full day of driving (aka resting in the car) and then we ease into our vacation with a 5-8 hour day at a museum, then 7 more hours of driving before we get to Disney just in time to sleep. Then we hit the parks, so she has until Saturday to feel up to snuff. Does anyone know what is involved in postponing a trip - even a week? I dread calling to find out - I'll have to call Disney, and start all over with ADRs and FP+s, BOG lunch FP. THEN, I'll have to call Universal (or really, Cheap Tickets) to reschedule hotel.... we're waiting probably until tomorrow to really change it for sure - see how today goes. If we do have to postpone, we'll lose: [*]all ADRs (will HDDR be refunded? We'd be at least 4 days out) [*]all FP+s [*]BOG lunch FP [*]$200 deposit [*]$100 hotel room on the way down (non-refundable) [*]our great rate for Universal's Hard Rock Hotel... we caught it on a great sale. Again, we'll see how today goes... *fingers crossed* I'm drinking OJ and eating oranges like it's going out of style... need to keep myself healthy too!

18 days! That is so not normal - what did the Doctor say? That's like mono or something much worse! Sorry to hear that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter