*-Official February 2015 Thread-*

Aaaahhhhhhh just got an email saying that the MBs have arrived and I'm at work and won't get home till late...aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Yay! Just customized our MBs and hope to buy our tickets Feb 6th.
I hope we can get some last minute ADRs and FP+ (mainly for A&E)

I am not sure about most of you, but I refuse to be handcuffed to the fnew ast passes system. I will not let something like this disrupt my trip or fun. I have been reading that some of the fast passes lines have been nuts. Not sure where I read it but ppl were on FP for Space Mountain for over 2 hours. If that is me, it is not worth it, I am stepping out. I also think people realize that this is the cheapest time of year to hit Disney. So they are taking advantage of it and lets not forget, one more key ingredient here. I am not sure where many of you are from but I'm from NJ and spending 10 days away from this lousy weather in sunny Florida sure sounds like a better option at this juncture.

I completely agree. Get FP for what you really, REALLY want to do. And for anything else you really want to do - get to the park as soon as it opens and head to those attractions/character meets first thing in the A.M. when lines are shorter... or while fireworks shows like Wishes or Illuminations or Fantasmic are on, and less people will be in line. At the end of the day, it's Disney World. It's always going to be at least a little bit busy. It's the happiest place on Earth!

We booked for this time because it is the cheapest time to go to Disney World and it's all we could afford, and we Canadians hate our winter ;). It's also for our engagement and my birthday, but that's just a lovely coincidence!

Magic bands came in the mail yesterday!!! Now we have everything & are ready to go!
Less than 3 weeks to go...

We are heading there the week of Presidents week and I have to say, I'm a little concerned about the crowds. We are currently booked at Old Key West but thinking of making a change to another resort, and most of the resorts are sold out that week except for the values and a couple moderates. I couldn't even get a room at the Swan and Dolphin. We've been during the summer and I never remember resorts being sold out like this, so I'm going to try to go in with a good attitude and, coming from the northeast, enjoy the sunshine!

I opened the Mailbox yesterday to find DISNEY MAIL! It wasn't our Magic bands, just a reminder bill for our stay, but it doesn't matter Disney Mail! Only 19 days now!

For all of us who were worried about the crowds this past week/weekend as an indication of higher crowds for the next few weeks- I just checked the mid-day wait times at all four parks, and they are back down to pre-MLK-weekend levels. The big attractions are still longer waits, as you would expect, but the smaller ones are all in the 5-20 range.
I am thinking that the parks got a bump in marathon & MLK visitors over the last two weekends and there was residual during the weeks following.
The next few weekend are quiet (no major events, no holidays) so I would like to assume that the attendance at the parks will be what we would expect for a low crowd time of year.

We are heading there the week of Presidents week and I have to say, I'm a little concerned about the crowds. We are currently booked at Old Key West but thinking of making a change to another resort, and most of the resorts are sold out that week except for the values and a couple moderates. I couldn't even get a room at the Swan and Dolphin. We've been during the summer and I never remember resorts being sold out like this, so I'm going to try to go in with a good attitude and, coming from the northeast, enjoy the sunshine!

We have gone President's Week almost every year and while the crowds are there it is manageable. President's Day is pretty crowded, but we always get on everything we want. Remember too that the marathon runners will start coming in Thursday. We always have a great time!

Does anyone have experience with Delta vacations? I received a packet today from my TA but no yellow ME tags. TA is on a cruise right now and we leave in 11 days. Not looking forward to hauling my luggage (for all 6 of us) to the bus.

8 Days for us (we arrive on Jan 30th)
This weekend is going to be full of packing packing packing !!!

This trip is just DD(11), DD(11), and myself. Every other time we have travelled to WDW with a large group of friends/family -- last trip was 16 of us !

Looking forward to getting out of the 20-30 degree weather here !

2 days of Disney Mail! The day before it was a Disney bill.

Yesterday, We got our MyMagic+ flashdrive in the mail. It's my first one! Don't know if anyone else has gotten this, but I love it! It lights up green! I've already managed to empty the contents so I have a free disney flashdrive.

Now, the postal tracker is telling me I should be getting our MB TODAY!

I'm so excited, 18 days!

Does anyone have experience with Delta vacations? I received a packet today from my TA but no yellow ME tags. TA is on a cruise right now and we leave in 11 days. Not looking forward to hauling my luggage (for all 6 of us) to the bus.

Never used a TA, but even if you don't get the yellow tags, you can still have ME get your luggage. Just give them your baggage claim tickets when you check in for the bus.

2 days of Disney Mail! The day before it was a Disney bill.

Yesterday, We got our MyMagic+ flashdrive in the mail. It's my first one! Don't know if anyone else has gotten this, but I love it! It lights up green! I've already managed to empty the contents so I have a free disney flashdrive.

Now, the postal tracker is telling me I should be getting our MB TODAY!

I'm so excited, 18 days!

yes, we got the flashdrive package also just the other day. It's such a sweet little extra to help build the excitement of the upcoming trip! I think that flashdrive is adorable! I just love the extras Disney puts into everything including our family name on the book that came with the flashdrive!

My wife, daughter, and I are making our first trip there as a family. My daughters birthday is 3/6 (will turn 2) but we are going a week earlier to celebrate. Going 2/21-2/28 but will only be staying at the Wilderness Lodge 2/25-2/27. I was a consultant for the past two years so we are using my points for airfare and staying at the Hilton Lake Buena Visita the other days for free (using points). My wife and I haven't been to Disney since we were kids so really looking forward to celebrating as a family. My daughter is obsessed with Mickey Mouse. Not really a princess fan yet (thank god so I didn't have to worry about the Elsa/Anna meet and greet).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter