*-Official February 2015 Thread-*

Going 2/9 thru 2/14. Eloping at the courthouse before the flight so it'll be our honeymoon :)

As I was looking over our plans for our trip today, I decided that on our arrival day we would head over to AK, we weren't originally going to go to a park on our arrival day but since we missed out on AK during our May trip, we wanted to ride our favorite coaster and do a few things that DH normally wants to skip over (this is a girls trip with just myself, DD13, and DD11). So on 2/28 AK is opened from 9am - 5pm with no EMH, but when I checked touring plans, they have that park predicted as an 8 on the crowd calendar. I'm just wondering, for those that have been to AK during an 8 out 10 crowd calendar day, how is it? We have gone to AK during peak times before and were able to get on everything with no worries, we also were able to ride EE numerous times in a row with little to no wait. We mainly want to go there to ride EE a few times (hopefully), Dinosaur, KS, see FOTLK or Finding Nemo (I personally would rather see FOTLK), depending on how much time we have once we get there of course. The reason for all this ranting is the rest of our week looks like 5s and 6s on the crowd calendar, I was just surprised to see an 8 for AK (MK is also an 8 but that park has EMH until 12am so I understand that one).

Yes, can someone tell us what the weather is like in February?!

We were there February 5-12, 2014. We wore everything from swimsuits to long pants, long sleeves, & jackets. It drizzled all of one day but was clear the rest of the time. Wait to pack until the week before. The weather is too iffy in Florida that time of the year. Plan on packing layers.

How's everyone doing? I know it's the lull between ADRs and FP+, but it' so quiet in here!

I keep watching Southwest fares. Last year we were able to fly for $49 each way. This year each leg is over $110. We'll be driving for that price. I'm not excited about driving 8 hours with 3 little kids, but as long as Disney is at the end of the ride, we will manage.

Here's a link to the FB group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1527520504134030/

Is anyone interested in doing a Memory Maker share? I've never lead one before but I have participated in several. I would be glad to host it if there's interest.

We booked our flights about a month ago and got round trip for just under $250 a person. The past few trips it was almost $300 a person so we got a bargain in our opinion.

Did everyone see that Disney changed some of the hours for February. On Feb, 7th Saturday, Mk is now open to 2 am for emh. How cool is that. I see also DHS has extended hours for one night to 10 pm. Cool stuff, can't wait to go on rides at MK around 1 am.

Did everyone see that Disney changed some of the hours for February. On Feb, 7th Saturday, Mk is now open to 2 am for emh. How cool is that. I see also DHS has extended hours for one night to 10 pm. Cool stuff, can't wait to go on rides at MK around 1 am.

Hi there, where did you find the updated hours? Was it the regular Disney World website? Just wondering as off to see if the hours have increased for the dates I will be there.

I was able to get a weekender reservation for dinner at Raglands. Excited about that as love the Irish entertainment there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

Hi there, where did you find the updated hours? Was it the regular Disney World website? Just wondering as off to see if the hours have increased for the dates I will be there.

I was able to get a weekender reservation for dinner at Raglands. Excited about that as love the Irish entertainment there.

Hi there Nancy. I saw the hours on my Disney experience when I was creating my schedule/itinerary. A couple days changed with longer hours, which I like a lot.

I'm going to Raglands as well. Going there my first night in, I got a great ressie time set for 7. Looks like great food and an even better atmosphere. Have you seen all the birthdays listed for this upcoming trip? Man, there are going to be a lot of people wearing birthday pins in February.

Hi there Nancy. I saw the hours on my Disney experience when I was creating my schedule/itinerary. A couple days changed with longer hours, which I like a lot.

I'm going to Raglands as well. Going there my first night in, I got a great ressie time set for 7. Looks like great food and an even better atmosphere. Have you seen all the birthdays listed for this upcoming trip? Man, there are going to be a lot of people wearing birthday pins in February.

Yes have noticed there will be a lot of us there celebrating! My ressie is my second night there. Thought about middle of week, but did not know if they would have the bands during the week as they have on weekends. May check that out as Saturday is the only day MK has extended hours to midnight. hmmm

Come on February! :yay:

Yes have noticed there will be a lot of us there celebrating! My ressie is my second night there. Thought about middle of week, but did not know if they would have the bands during the week as they have on weekends. May check that out as Saturday is the only day MK has extended hours to midnight. hmmm

Come on February! :yay:

I know on 2/7, which is a Saturday mk is open till 2am. Not sure that's the day your going just thought I let you know.

I know on 2/7, which is a Saturday mk is open till 2am. Not sure that's the day your going just thought I let you know.

No unfortunately I will be back home on the 7th. The dates I am in the World are 1/30 through 2/6. So the EMH for MK on the 31st are only until midnight.

Happy I was able to get a late flight out on the 6th so I can spend another entire day at Disney prior to leaving!

Hi Everyone...

We've just decided to go back to Disney! pixiedust:
We haven't finalized dates yet - but planning on Jan 31 - 5 or 6, or Feb 4 to 9 or 10th.

Going to stay at POP.

Thought we wouldn't make it back in a long time (we went in May with a larger group), but 2015 will be my DH's 50th, and my 40th birthdays, so we're doing this as a trip for us and our daughter. Figure we only live once, and the Visa can handle it LOL

Looking forward to planning again. I'm sure we've missed the good booking of restaurants, but hope not everything is gone.

My only concern is if it will be too chilly for my DD to go swimming. But since we will be coming from Ontario, where it will likely be snowy and -20C, I'm sure it will be warm to us.

talk soon

Hi Everyone...

We've just decided to go back to Disney! pixiedust:
We haven't finalized dates yet - but planning on Jan 31 - 5 or 6, or Feb 4 to 9 or 10th.

Going to stay at POP.

Thought we wouldn't make it back in a long time (we went in May with a larger group), but 2015 will be my DH's 50th, and my 40th birthdays, so we're doing this as a trip for us and our daughter. Figure we only live once, and the Visa can handle it LOL

Looking forward to planning again. I'm sure we've missed the good booking of restaurants, but hope not everything is gone.

My only concern is if it will be too chilly for my DD to go swimming. But since we will be coming from Ontario, where it will likely be snowy and -20C, I'm sure it will be warm to us.

talk soon

Another birthday celebration at Disney for February. Very cool!!!

Third trip for us is jan 31-February 7. First time we've not been there pre-Christmas (will I miss it?), and first time stayin at POR (usually CBR).

I lurked dis boards for other trips, but want to make this trip extra special, so decided to participate this time!

Vanessa
Daughters are 5 and 10

Also...big fans of wdw, and big fans of Harry Potter.

Third trip for us is jan 31-February 7. First time we've not been there pre-Christmas (will I miss it?), and first time stayin at POR (usually CBR). I lurked dis boards for other trips, but want to make this trip extra special, so decided to participate this time! Vanessa Daughters are 5 and 10 Also...big fans of wdw, and big fans of Harry Potter.

Welcome Vanessa and daughters to February 2015 WDW adventures!

We will be staying at BWV 2/25-3/4. Both of my kids will have b-days while we're there! This will be our 4th b-day trip. The weather has been great each of our past three trips. We definitely go swimming each trip. Usually I start and end the day with a light hoodie, but it's warm midday. DH and kids are happy to be leaving the cold weather, so they will likely wear shorts.
I am interested in the memory maker share. I have done a photo pass CD share in the past. It's a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter