Official February 2014 Thread...

9 days for us too! Cant stand it! Just ready to be on vaca with my family...Disneys the bonus!

Hoping for warm weather, but even here in NC it is freezing so I'll be happy just to have anything warmer than this. We've reached the 10 days out forecast on weather.com....I'll be checking that many times a day I'm sure!

Guilty on the 10 day forecast thing. sigh.
I'm so cold here in MA that 50 is sounding awesome.
But looking at the extended month forecast I'm getting a little excited to see 70/80 so I keep checking back to see if it's still there.

I honestly can't believe I have this vacation on my calendar. It's coming in great timing.
:banana:

Don't feel left out! My inlaws dont have tickets linked to theirs so we have FPs planned but probably will have to change them to match theirs. Im not too worried about it. People over New Years week were even saying they could make changes without issues.

But I did think you would get MBs staying at Disney even if you dont have tickets? Thats the room keys now. So maybe you'll still get them?

They should get magic bands upon check in. Now that resorts are all MB, I wonder if people will have the option to customize bands without linking tickets...

Well, because I'm officially obsessed, I checked the 10 day forecast first thing this morning. It got me thinking though. It will change many times until then, but right now there are days in the 60s and days in the 80s. I will have to change around some FPs if we only have a few days that are swimable, and even then mostly only in the afternoon. I already know that will be on the to do list for my girls. That's the funny thing about scheduling your activities ahead of time.

I'm another MA person looking at the 10 day forecast. Brrrrr.

Well, because I'm officially obsessed, I checked the 10 day forecast first thing this morning. It got me thinking though. It will change many times until then, but right now there are days in the 60s and days in the 80s. I will have to change around some FPs if we only have a few days that are swimable, and even then mostly only in the afternoon. I already know that will be on the to do list for my girls. That's the funny thing about scheduling your activities ahead of time.

Agree brrrrr and also agree that it's going to change several times.
But I look anyway. Just looked. I hope if we really do get 80 I can handle it since the brrrr here will make 80 be drastic.
But I'm glad I'm not further North or West who get this brrr all the time.

After today, I'm so ready to be away and enjoy some quiet.
I'm not sure I'll leave the hotel.....ok maybe I'll at least sit by the quiet area of a pool with my feet up and read a book.

Now to decide which book.
:confused3

I can't believe in a week from now I'll be making my final packing decisions.
:cool1:
Can't wait for some pixiedust:

With windchill below zero here, temps in the 70 's will be a treat! We don't plan to swim at all.

On Tuesday, we hit -27*. Last night, we got 7" of snow. Come on Florida!!!! Take me away! 9 days!

With windchill below zero here, temps in the 70 's will be a treat! We don't plan to swim at all.

On Tuesday, we hit -27*. Last night, we got 7" of snow. Come on Florida!!!! Take me away! 9 days!

24 days, and I'm hoping for some warmth... round 2 of the Polar Vortex is more than enough!:)

I'm with you all. Heck 50 would be welcome with me. So ready to leave. Gonna pack today. A week and a sleep and I'll be on that plane.
Trying to to focus on packing today.
Had a stressful past couple days and found myself laying in bed this morning trying to picture Main St. MK and Epcot countries to relieve my mind of the stress.

No major snow in site for us in the next week. I'm good with that. But still cold.
Warm thoughts. Warm thoughts. Happy Music thoughts!!!

We got our Magic Bands yesterday, and I just finished making a bunch of covers for them! 2 for my BIL, 2 for my sister, 1 for my niece, and *cough* 5 *cough* for me. I may have gone a little overboard...

What kinds of covers? Sounds fun!

It's just like a little sleeve that you slide over the band. I cut a 3.5" by 8.5" rectangle of fabric, hemmed the short edges, then sealed it up the long edge. I actually used iron-on adhesive no-sew tape because I didn't feel like setting up my sewing machine. They were super easy! I got the idea from a similar pattern I saw on a blog.

It's just like a little sleeve that you slide over the band. I cut a 3.5" by 8.5" rectangle of fabric, hemmed the short edges, then sealed it up the long edge. I actually used iron-on adhesive no-sew tape because I didn't feel like setting up my sewing machine. They were super easy! I got the idea from a similar pattern I saw on a blog.

Awesome! :thumbsup2

We got our Magic Bands yesterday, and I just finished making a bunch of covers for them! 2 for my BIL, 2 for my sister, 1 for my niece, and *cough* 5 *cough* for me. I may have gone a little overboard...

Pictures please! I am a visual learner. ;)

Pictures please! I am a visual learner. ;)

Yes - pictures!

? How do you snap the MB on with the cover in place?

I didn't take any pictures as I went, so I'll post the link to the blog I based it off of (I hope it's not an issue if I post a link!). I did my long seam a little differently to give it a cleaner look, and my dimensions were a little different. The blog says 3" wide, but I would go wider to make sure it fits.

The way I put it on is to slide the cover over the band and scrunch it up so that it's mostly just covering the Mickey part. Then I fasten the band as usual and un-scrunch the cover so that the whole band is encased in the fabric. If you don't scrunch it up enough, the "tail" or the extra grey part with the holes won't be inside the cover. Does that make sense? I'll try to post some pictures of my own tomorrow to better explain it, but I think the blog below will help. It also has instructions for a sewed version.

http://www.passporterboards.com/blo...ep-tutorial-for-no-sew-and-stitched-versions/

. Does that make sense? I'll try to post some pictures of my own tomorrow to better explain it, but I think the blog below will help. It also has instructions for a sewed version. http://www.passporterboards.com/blogs/index.php/2013/10/24/make-your-coverband-for-your-magicband-step-by-step-tutorial-for-no-sew-and-stitched-versions/

Perfectly understood. Can't believe that solution didn't occur to me lol ... Thanks for sharing the info - DS2 will love a cover - now to decide between toy story, planes, or cars... If they are as easy as you say I'll have to make all three :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter