Official February 2014 Thread...

At the 10 day mark! :Pinkbounc
Time to get out the suitcase which starts the excitement. Still trying to figure out how to tell the grandkids. We will wait til that morning to tell them. Can't wait to see their excitement.
Happy with the extended forcast for the week, 70-80s. Hoping that it doesn't change. Only 5 degrees here today :sad2: Nnnneeeeedddd the sun and warm!

At the 10 day mark! :Pinkbounc
Time to get out the suitcase which starts the excitement. Still trying to figure out how to tell the grandkids. We will wait til that morning to tell them. Can't wait to see their excitement.
Happy with the extended forcast for the week, 70-80s. Hoping that it doesn't change. Only 5 degrees here today :sad2: Nnnneeeeedddd the sun and warm!

Ugh, i was looking at some 10 day forecasts and it's mostly low 80s for my trip...i'm from So Cal and we've been basically having a mild summer instead of winter and i was looking forward to slightly cooler weather, you know, low 70s...i guess i'm packing a couple pairs of shorts instead of just one in case!

Ugh, i was looking at some 10 day forecasts and it's mostly low 80s for my trip...i'm from So Cal and we've been basically having a mild summer instead of winter and i was looking forward to slightly cooler weather, you know, low 70s...i guess i'm packing a couple pairs of shorts instead of just one in case!

Don't you be saying things like that!!!! ;)
We've been celebrating that (based on current forecasts) we'll be leaving 3 degrees for 79....and 3 degrees isn't even close to "too cold" for us!!
This time next week we'll be on the plane heading for some heat!

Don't you be saying things like that!!!! ;)
We've been celebrating that (based on current forecasts) we'll be leaving 3 degrees for 79....and 3 degrees isn't even close to "too cold" for us!!
This time next week we'll be on the plane heading for some heat!

70 is still "warm" if you are coming from 3 degrees!

This could be the longest week of my life!! ;-). I am now packed save for toiletries. My DH thinks I am crazy! I cannot wait!!!!

26 days & counting... looking at portable external battery charger for our phones... With everything going through MDE I'm not sure battery will stand up to kids playing games in lines, my taking photos / videos and any FP+ reservation changes on the fly. Not interested in Kiosk usage - those lines look less than fun and longer than any ride lines I plan to stand in... Y'all have any thoughts on a good / dependable but reasonably priced charger pack?

- been checking extended forecast daily & the predictions vary by 10 degrees every day or two...from 69 to 79 for the hi temps... I'm not gonna worry about it too much until we really push forward with packing in the last days leading up to our flight out.

26 days & counting... looking at portable external battery charger for our phones... With everything going through MDE I'm not sure battery will stand up to kids playing games in lines, my taking photos / videos and any FP+ reservation changes on the fly. Not interested in Kiosk usage - those lines look less than fun and longer than any ride lines I plan to stand in... Y'all have any thoughts on a good / dependable but reasonably priced charger pack? - been checking extended forecast daily & the predictions vary by 10 degrees every day or two...from 69 to 79 for the hi temps... I'm not gonna worry about it too much until we really push forward with packing in the last days leading up to our flight out.

I just bought an Anker Astro Mini battery from Amazon. It's big enough to recharge an iphone twice, but only the size of a tube of lipstick. Also bought a 4" cable so it can recharge while in my pocket.

Only 7 days for me!

26 days & counting... looking at portable external battery charger for our phones... With everything going through MDE I'm not sure battery will stand up to kids playing games in lines, my taking photos / videos and any FP+ reservation changes on the fly. Not interested in Kiosk usage - those lines look less than fun and longer than any ride lines I plan to stand in... Y'all have any thoughts on a good / dependable but reasonably priced charger pack? - been checking extended forecast daily & the predictions vary by 10 degrees every day or two...from 69 to 79 for the hi temps... I'm not gonna worry about it too much until we really push forward with packing in the last days leading up to our flight out.

I have the Jackery Bar 5600 mAh Premium portable power bank pack. I love it. I got it from Amazon for $29.95. I used it on our last 2 Disney trips as well as at work and pretty much daily because it's so convenient. It charges my iPhone almost 3 charges so it's great at Disney because me and my husband take turns using it. It also has a flashlight which I didn't think I'd ever use, but has ended up being my go-to extra light source. :) They have many different brands on Amazon for good prices and with good reviews.

I have the Jackery Bar 5600 mAh Premium portable power bank pack. I love it. I got it from Amazon for $29.95. I used it on our last 2 Disney trips as well as at work and pretty much daily because it's so convenient. It charges my iPhone almost 3 charges so it's great at Disney because me and my husband take turns using it. It also has a flashlight which I didn't think I'd ever use, but has ended up being my go-to extra light source. :) They have many different brands on Amazon for good prices and with good reviews.

Awesome - I like the idea of one recharger instead of two. Wasn't sure if one would be enough but sounds like it will be. Esp since we have DS2 who will need a nap each day back at hotel so we can plug in then too if we need.

I just bought an Anker Astro Mini battery from Amazon. It's big enough to recharge an iphone twice, but only the size of a tube of lipstick. Also bought a 4" cable so it can recharge while in my pocket. Only 7 days for me!

Great! Thanks- I'm planning to get one this week so glad to have a few recommendations ...

Just check the mAh's. That'll tell you about how many charges. And read the reviews! dde09

What us a mAh? There are so many choices ... I think I will get one that doesn't use a battery (plugs in rather than having to carry some aa or aaa batteries with us) and then try and find one in the $30ish range. The cheaper ones seem risky and the over $50 seem wasteful? May send DH to radio shack or best buy... Seems like his kind of thing more than mine. I usually handle at the WDW prep but this is more tech than disney. Of course he will get the $75 one that makes SOS signal I'm sure :-)

What us a mAh? There are so many choices ... I think I will get one that doesn't use a battery (plugs in rather than having to carry some aa or aaa batteries with us) and then try and find one in the $30ish range. The cheaper ones seem risky and the over $50 seem wasteful? May send DH to radio shack or best buy... Seems like his kind of thing more than mine. I usually handle at the WDW prep but this is more tech than disney. Of course he will get the $75 one that makes SOS signal I'm sure :-)

mAh has something to do with how much power they hold. So the more mAh, the more charges you'll get out of it. Also, the more mAh's, the larger the actual external charger seems to be. From my research, the 2,000-3,000 range ones ($20) charge about 1 full charge and 1 more almost full charge. They are about the size of a lipstick tube. The 5,000-6,000 ones ($30) charge 2 full charges and 1 more almost full charge (so almost 3 full charges). These are a little bigger but still not bigger than the iPhone. The lipstick size one would be good if it were for just one phone, but to share, I'd go with the one that's a little bigger. You'd both be insured a full charge from 0 battery and then have some leftover just in case. The Jackery one I have doesn't use batteries. It gets plugged in and you can even charge your phone from it while it's charging itself.

Also, I think Amazon has them cheaper than the electronic stores. I just browsed quickly today because my husband wanted to buy one before our trip but he forgot to order one and we leave Wednesday. I looked at some electronic stores and they were all $70-$80 and you can't really see the reviews on them. If you buy something for $5-$6 more dollars on Amazon, making your order over $35.00, you'd get free shipping.

I bought the Jackery mini. It just hit me that maybe I should test it out before we go! :-)
It had great reviews & was $19.99 on amazon. Even if it only recharges my phone once before it actually needs a charge, I will consider it a success! The reviews say I should get two charges though.

I can't live without my morphi battery pack! I think any kind you get will be so helpful. Between the MDE app and taking photos, I'm afraid even with the pack my phone won't stay charged!

Why would I need a fast pass for the electric parade?

Oh and spoke to my friend... We will get magic bands at check in (though I wonder if you can still get whatever colors you want) and he also said we can purchase our park tickets at the hotel too and we can then try to get the fast passes. I am hoping to get my son to see the talking Mickey in Town Square for his birthday. He will go crazy!

I'm so used to having my tickets before going, my hubby is throwing me off. Now just to figure out if Memory Maker still lets you add borders and such to your photos like PhotoPass does... Anyone have any info on that?

Oh, and I've read Anker & Jackery are both good brands with good reviews! :)

I bought the Jackery mini. It just hit me that maybe I should test it out before we go! :-) It had great reviews & was $19.99 on amazon. Even if it only recharges my phone once before it actually needs a charge, I will consider it a success! The reviews say I should get two charges though.

I can't live without my morphi battery pack! I think any kind you get will be so helpful. Between the MDE app and taking photos, I'm afraid even with the pack my phone won't stay charged!
Thank you so very much - I've been in amazon this morning getting something else & will add a charger to my order since I'm already hitting the free shipping threshold; yay!

I just bought a Samsung recharger http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SK5B3O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I LOVE IT!!!! I have used it all weekend. I charged it up and have recharged my phone twice plus our Kindle once. Comes with a 30 prong and a Iphone charger adapter. You will need to get a wall plug to charge it in but we just used our phone charger plug that has a USB port. Takes a little longer to charge but does the job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter