Official February 2014 Thread...

Two weeks from today we are flying to Orlando!

Just DW and I (kids are grown) for 9 days/8 nights. Although we are staying off-site, we will be visiting our favorite on-site resort (POR) to walk around, see Yehaw Bob, and ride the boat to DTD. Will get 5 day park tickets, spend a couple days at the resort, one morning looking at houses and that evening volunteering at GKTW!

It snowed 5 inches here last night, so we are ready to go!

OMG! I am so happy to be a part of this group again this year! I just booked my trip, it's a short one with friends, but I got more Disney time than I expected to, so I am thrilled!!

My trip with my boyfriend last February was the best vacation of my life, so I am really happy to being going back, DESPITE all the angry comments I've been reading on the boards.

I will be checking into the Cabins at Fort Wilderness on February 5! 3 nights at Disney is much better than none, so I'm thrilled :D

We are coming from the West Coast too. Any tips on recovery when you get to WDW?[/QUOTE]

We are planning on going right to MK. And leaving late afternoon to crash. That helps us get up early for rope drop the next day.

My trip with my boyfriend last February was the best vacation of my life, so I am really happy to being going back, DESPITE all the angry comments I've been reading on the boards.

Angry comments about what? :eek:

You print them out and laminate them and attach them to your bag so other disers can spot you :)

oh! thank goodness I can ly on all the wisdom on these forums! thank you :)

We are coming from the West Coast too. Any tips on recovery when you get to WDW?

We are planning on going right to MK. And leaving late afternoon to crash. That helps us get up early for rope drop the next day.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant! I was unable to get a red eye flight so we will just have to suck it up, explore and maybe that will be enough to tire us out. Although, considering how early we will have to be to get to the airport I doubt DDs will even be able to sleep (they were horrible on Christmas eve...lol). Maybe they will just crash and burn when we get there? :confused3

Forum wisdom question: when do you start your packing and how?

We are coming from the West Coast too. Any tips on recovery when you get to WDW?

CA here. I normally go to MK the first night. Normally between a "day" of flying and hitting a park I am tired enough to go to bed at a decent time in FL.

DBF and I did the Tinkerbell 1/2 today, it was his first. So proud of him. Plus that means the next exciting plan is our WDW trip in just 15 days!!!

Must nap now. :D

Forum wisdom question: when do you start your packing and how?

We leave in 2 weeks and I have a bag set aside with stuff that must be packed. Im thinking I will really pack next weekend. Im planning on bringing lots of layers, so theres plenty to pack!

We are planning on going right to MK. And leaving late afternoon to crash. That helps us get up early for rope drop the next day.[/QUOTE]

That's my plan too! I land at 5:30 and plan to pick up my rental car, make a quick stop for snacks and water, stop at the hotel for quick check in, then off the MK for rope drop! I'm planning on going back to the room a few hours be forint heading back for MSEP, fireworks, a late BOG dinner and then EMH! I'm so excited!!!!

Less than 5 weeks left! Others have mentioned starting to pack, and now I really want to... How soon is too soon?

Less than 5 weeks left! Others have mentioned starting to pack, and now I really want to... How soon is too soon?

I won't even be thinking about it until we turn the calendar to February. Sometimes I will go through the summer bin and pull out a few things for DD to try on and make sure they still fit.

This year we are leaving on Sunday from an airport that is 20 minutes from our house so I may not even start packing until Friday or Saturday. We typically only pack a few plain bottoms that we can switch out with different tops. For the longest time we only brought carry ons!

I won't even be thinking about it until we turn the calendar to February. Sometimes I will go through the summer bin and pull out a few things for DD to try on and make sure they still fit.

This year we are leaving on Sunday from an airport that is 20 minutes from our house so I may not even start packing until Friday or Saturday. We typically only pack a few plain bottoms that we can switch out with different tops. For the longest time we only brought carry ons!

Kay!!! I know what airport you are talking about. I leave 25 from that Central Mass airport.
We used it in November and it went real smooth on the way down. On the way back....flight was cancelled due to broken plane, so since we were already on the way to the airport, we went right to the counter and they got us on a flight to Boston, then shuttled us to where we were support to be.

I leave in 2 weeks from that airport. I hope there is no problems this time as it's so much easier than Boston.

Depending on how long you are staying and what season of clothing you are currently wearing, I don't think it's too early to pack. For my November trip I started putting clothes in the suitcase as soon as I was done using them here in Massachusetts. And if I needed it, I washed it and put it back in the suitcase.
But of course that last day or two before I was still in a panic to through things in there and of course over packed.

I'm baffled to be packing as I have no idea what any temperature will feel like down there because It's cold up here. sigh. I'm hoping layers works for me.
Just don't want to carry a backpack if I can go without. Nor do I want to be buying a sweatshirt in the parks. :( I have plenty of them and I'm not there but a few days. I have to check the park hours again. I know the first day is EMH until midnight, but other than that I'm not sure I'll be needing warmer night clothing.

yawn. I think I'll go get ready to crash. Getting as much extra sleep as I can.

I love reading all the posts about surprising your children. I truly hope to see some of the "first time" faces while I'm there. Watching your children is the favorite part of my vacation. My last vacation strongest memory was at Enchanted tales with Belle and the little faces interacting with her.

Love Love Love it.

16 days to go for me.
:banana:

Us to, 17 days to go, POR and from Mass!! See you there!

Us to, 17 days to go, POR and from Mass!! See you there!

From looking at your signature, I'm gonna just miss you.
I'm there 2/2 - 2/6. My flight is around noon. :sad1:
but because of the airport I use closer to home (instead of Boston), I don't have a choice since there is only 1 flight.

I'm sure you will have a blast.

FYI....just in case someone gets this.....probably won't happen cause of the time of year.....but.....
When I went in November, the weather was that much warmer than home and my body struggled to adjust. What happened was I got a red rash on my legs. It's a form of heat rash called "Golfers vasculitis". I also found it listed as Disney rash. LOL Has to do with being on your legs for long periods of time in the heat. I just wanted to mention it because some people get it every time they go to Disney. From what I read. And if you get it, I didn't want anyone to panic but be aware and if it gets concerning, check in with first aid and they will confirm. I used Hydrocortizone and ice on it when I came back to the room at night. It helped. Also drink lots of water...I plan to spend the extra and drink the smart water if it happens again.

I hopeful the weather will be more comfortable and I won't have a problem, but just in case I thought it was worth bringing up.

9 days to go! I'm staying at POR with a group of friends and family from 1/29-2/3, going on a cruise to the Bahamas from 2/3-2/7 and then back to Disney with just my family from 2/7-2/12 staying at AKL for one night & then Pop for the rest of the stay! I'm very excited! I will have to be all packed up within the next 3 days which is crazy to me as I am usually a last minute procrastinator. But I'm working up until we leave this time so I really have no choice.

Kay!!! I know what airport you are talking about. I leave 25 from that Central Mass airport.
We used it in November and it went real smooth on the way down. On the way back....flight was cancelled due to broken plane, so since we were already on the way to the airport, we went right to the counter and they got us on a flight to Boston, then shuttled us to where we were support to be.

I leave in 2 weeks from that airport. I hope there is no problems this time as it's so much easier than Boston.

We used that airport when they flew Direct Air. Loved the convenience. In laws could pick us up and drop us off. Love that when we return we can be home within an hour of landing and still stop for pizza!

I have heard about the struggle if there troubles landing. Fingers crossed that it all works out. Looks like they are really trying to upgrade the airport.

I have my suitcase out & am throwing things in it as I can. Any sundries, medicines, kid toys/glow sticks are in it now. Still holding off on packing clothing for now, I'm holding out for a ten day forecast!

I still can't find a fp+ for MSEP. We are 14 days out & it's making me nuts. I have a throwaway booked at 7, so I can just 'change the experience' but it still isn't there to choose from. And now it has become this challenge I must conquer!!!! :-)

I have my suitcase out & am throwing things in it as I can. Any sundries, medicines, kid toys/glow sticks are in it now. Still holding off on packing clothing for now, I'm holding out for a ten day forecast!

I still can't find a fp+ for MSEP. We are 14 days out & it's making me nuts. I have a throwaway booked at 7, so I can just 'change the experience' but it still isn't there to choose from. And now it has become this challenge I must conquer!!!! :-)

Lol, I could have written your post! It gets real for me once weather channel can start giving me my days in the 10 day forecast! IMHO, accuweather just doesnt cut it. Our "forecast" with them has changed quite dramatically several times over the pas few days.

And same thing for me with MSEP! We are 2 weeks out as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter