• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official February 2014 Thread...

Has anyone heard about the crane being up at Cinderella's Castle until the end of March? This will just be our 2nd trip and I hadn't heard of this before but I wondered if anyone has had experience with this before. Do they ever lower it during the day or will that huge thing be hanging out in every photo?

Last year it was on the right hand side, on one day the sky was perfect blue so it was easy to photoshop, the other day we just shuffled to the left until it was barely in shot. We even had a picture near the bridge to Tomorrowland and the PP photographer managed to hide the crane behind a tree!
I was sooooo stressed out before we arrived last year and looking at our photos it was absolutely fine....hopefully it will be the same this year.

Crane? Grrrr. Seriously. Ugh.

I had never even heard of it till I saw it somewhere today so I had to google it to see what it looked like

MK_crane_looming_over_castle_warneke.jpg

Has anyone heard about the crane being up at Cinderella's Castle until the end of March? This will just be our 2nd trip and I hadn't heard of this before but I wondered if anyone has had experience with this before. Do they ever lower it during the day or will that huge thing be hanging out in every photo?

It was not up on Sundays during our last trip and if you made rope drop it wasn't up yet either. We have lots of photos with no crane.

We'll be at Caribbean Beach Feb 1-7th, followed by a four day cruise on the Magic. :cool1:

This will be my husband and children's (two boys 2 and 4) first Disney trip and my first trip as an adult so we're all pretty excited.

26 days!! Eeeeeeeek!

The only thing I'm slightly worried about is a few other threads mentioned that our resort would have lots of cheerleaders during our stay. :cheer2: I'm totally cool with that (they can be so adorable) but our four year old has special needs and HAS to get decent sleep or it will throw a serious wrench in our vacation. That sounds dramatic, I know, but his severe epilepsy is worsened when he is sleep deprived and loud cheer practices going on late at night or early in the morning will be no bueno. :sad2:

Does anyone have experience with the noise factor of sharing a resort with cheer teams? I called to switch resorts after I found out but the CM said that there were no open rooms in any of the moderates for the discount we booked. Tell me it's going to be okay.

Hopefully, you included the information in your resort reservation request about your child's epilepsy and difficulty sleeping.

In any case, you should contact your resort directly 3-5 days before arrival(don't settle for CM who is not at the resort!) and request to be put into a very quiet area in the resort, in particular, away from the cheerleaders.
Hope you have a wonderful time!

19 days!!

This weekend we pull out the packing list and start with the sundries to make sure we don't need to go get some stuff.

We are going for 12 days so I basically need to bring my medicine chest...

19 days!!

This weekend we pull out the packing list and start with the sundries to make sure we don't need to go get some stuff.

We are going for 12 days so I basically need to bring my medicine chest...

Exciting!! 18 days for us!
I bought new toothbrushes today and travel sized toothpaste. I already have chewable Advil for the kids and Tylenol for us, other than a few Band-Aids that's all we take with us! (I'm probably tempting fate!!)
All I need to do now is pack (in the basement so the boys don't see!) and make their 'big reveal' t-shirts

Fingers crossed these next couple of weeks go quickly!!

Exciting!! 18 days for us! I bought new toothbrushes today and travel sized toothpaste. I already have chewable Advil for the kids and Tylenol for us, other than a few Band-Aids that's all we take with us! (I'm probably tempting fate!!) All I need to do now is pack (in the basement so the boys don't see!) and make their 'big reveal' t-shirts Fingers crossed these next couple of weeks go quickly!!

I've always wondered how parents hide packing when it is a surprise. Good luck!

Not sure if one has already been posted here but if not, here is the Mickey head tag that the February
1521765_567703366650172_2122216101_n.jpg
Facebook group is using! (Made by chocolab23)

Oh that February Lime Green Mickey head is beyond adorable!!!
Love it!!

Was reading the "first visit" website and read that the week I will be there is a 1 for crowd levels. WOW! Liking that. Hope the parks don't feel too quiet. I'm used to at least a 4.

I've always wondered how parents hide packing when it is a surprise. Good luck!

9 days for us!!!!!!! It is a surprise. DH is off the day before we leave (I have a 1/2 day). So we will do our packing then. I have been picking up things here and there based on a list, when i go shopping alone Sunday mornings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter