Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

Read online recently that Julia Roberts has been tapped to play the Evil Queen in a movie based on Snow White, but I guess it's actually a sequel as the story line talks more about Snow going after Queen for killing her father. But the article also talked about 3 other Snow White movies in the works. Makes one wonder if the movies and the new ride are related....perhaps they expect Snow White's popularity to reach a new height due to the movies and want to cash in on it? While I love her, she's not exactly the more popular of the "Princess" franchise, but maybe the aim is to take her up a notch, kinda like the Tink movies did for Tink's story.

The three projects are unrelated -- only one of them (not the Julia Roberts one) is a Disney project. And it remains to see whether all three will actually be made... I think Disney's might actually be the least probable, since I've heard them talking about this for years. The others at least have a cast in place, which is usually a sign it's moving forward.

Also, there are rumors Disney is going to re-do Sleeping Beauty from Maleficent's perspective, possibly with Angelina Jolie playing her.

Sorry, I have to admit that I haven't read through all of the pages of this thread but have tried to read a good majority of them.:surfweb:

Anyway, just wondering (since our next trip depends on when the new area will open) is the 1st phase of the opening slated for Oct 2012? (Do think that I read that in a much earlier posting).
And, if so, do you know what that 1st phase will (and will not) include?

Sorry if this has been asked, and answered, before. I just havent seen it.
And, thank you very much for any info you might be able to give me.

Karen :)

Sorry, I have to admit that I haven't read through all of the pages of this thread but have tried to read a good majority of them.:surfweb:

Anyway, just wondering (since our next trip depends on when the new area will open) is the 1st phase of the opening slated for Oct 2012? (Do think that I read that in a much earlier posting).
And, if so, do you know what that 1st phase will (and will not) include?

Sorry if this has been asked, and answered, before. I just havent seen it.
And, thank you very much for any info you might be able to give me.

Karen :)

There are no firm dates for any of the openings yet. As for October 2012, I could see Little Mermaid, the Beauty and the Beast area, the new Dumbo and probably the re-themed Barnstormer open by then. I doubt that the Seven Dwarf's Mine Ride will be open.

Does anyone know if the snow white coaster will be an "easy" ride?

The reason I love Disney World so much is that I am a big chicken and don't ride coasters ,even the Goofy one! :) But that's the beauty of Disney. There was always plenty for me to ride too like Winnie, Its a Small World Etc.

I was crushed when I heard they were closing one of my favorite and "easy" rides the Snow White ride. I heard here they are replacing it with a coaster.

Does anyone know if its a very easy fun magical ride like the old snow white, or is more of a thrill kid ride just themed like snow white like the goofy coaster?

Sorry if this was asked on here already, I didn't read all the pages of q's.

Thanks,
Shelly :)

I think it would be more close to the people mover in tomorrow land..
It goes fast in some areas, and then slows down in others...

It would be a shame to get ride of SWSA only to replace it with a ride that would have to have a height requirement..

There are no firm dates for any of the openings yet. As for October 2012, I could see Little Mermaid, the Beauty and the Beast area, the new Dumbo and probably the re-themed Barnstormer open by then. I doubt that the Seven Dwarf's Mine Ride will be open.

Thanks Dan, sure hope you're right. Although the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride also seems like something we would like to do, even holding out till October 2012 will be hard for me.
Will have to keep an eye on this thread for updates :)

Karen

1st post update!

I will be adding some pics about the new storybook circus area...
I'm think pixie hallow is gone for good! :sad2:

did anyone go to toontown closing day???

1st post update!

Well Lorilais_mommie,

Disney has pretty much done (nipped it in the bud) that
The Meeting The Fairies in Pixie Hollow is gone Dead On Planning. :sad2:
I guess we who like the Fairies will have to pay the consequences because The Imagineers love to tamper with good ideas.
Sometimes, I feel like they are going to keep on untill they endup running me out and over to Disneyland in California. I`m still trying to hold on to My Walt Disney World Loyalties.

- Dwight

A little concerned about the new Little Mermaid ride. We've done the updated submarine ride at Disneyland and the Finding Nemo ride at the Living Seas and think both are extremely lame. The Peter Pan attraction is by far our favorite attaction in Fantacyland, though from what we've seen from the artistic renditions, we're a little afraid that the new Little Mermaid ride will be a combonation of the 3 and fall way short of expectations.

A little concerned about the new Little Mermaid ride. We've done the updated submarine ride at Disneyland and the Finding Nemo ride at the Living Seas and think both are extremely lame. The Peter Pan attraction is by far our favorite attaction in Fantacyland, though from what we've seen from the artistic rendition, we're a little afraid that the new Little Mermaid ride will be a combonation of the 3 and fall way short of expectations.

I think it's going to be a very nice ride. You can see a video here that give a behind the scenes look at the ride, and it gives you a pretty good idea what it's going to be like. Note that this video is about the Disney California Adventure version, but the actual ride is supposed to be the same in both locations even though the exterior is not the same.

hi, i know this might be nit-picking...but we're planning a trip to disney next year in either may or september. Are there any ideas on whether phase one will be done earlier in 2012, or later on???

hi, i know this might be nit-picking...but we're planning a trip to disney next year in either may or september. Are there any ideas on whether phase one will be done earlier in 2012, or later on???

I think the latest stuff from Disney was all marked "Fall 2012".

I havn't really heard much news...
I think everyone is holding out untill dinseyland opens TLM ride to see if it going to be a repeat of nemo or something new

and star tours is also due to open soon..
I can't wait to see what they both look like..

My family on the west coast is planning a trip, so I should have some get pics..

1st post update!

We were there the last day that Toontown was open. Surprisingly the crowds were not what I expected although larger than they had been all week. There was a huge line waiting to go through Minnie's house. I'll have to upload a photo and post it. Weather was overcast too, which may have affected the crowds in the park. My DD11 and I were able to hit a dozen rides and still were early for a 5:00 ressie at WCC. :banana:

1st post update!

Yes, Lorilais_mommie !,

The Pixie Hollow Plan for now IS SCRAPPED OFF.
Because, If it wasn`t they`d be going through with it. The Storybook Circus Area is taking all of the place of where Pixie Hollow is supposed to be.
I guess The EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival is doing the Pixie Hollow Job now. I don`t understand why some people on here have a bit of a problem with the focus on The Princesses and Fairies on here ( In particularly ) The Princesses when The Heart of The Magic Kingdom is based on a princess, and One of Peter Pan's Friends is a Fairy. I hope that some people think about this the next time someone looks up at Cinderella Castle or Takes a ride on Peter Pan's Flight.

- Dwight

So I'm a little slow on this and I tried skimming over older posts but is the Barnstormer and Dumbo now closed. We are traveling in September and I want to be prepared for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter