Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

okay, quick question, I just heard about the expansion... please tell me that the hall of presidents will b open in late April, where in DHS is Tinkerbell going to be and exactly what is going to be closed then... thanks all!

okay, quick question, I just heard about the expansion... please tell me that the hall of presidents will b open in late April, where in DHS is Tinkerbell going to be and exactly what is going to be closed then... thanks all!

Hall of Presidents will not be affected by the expansion.

Um, if Hall of Presidents is closed, it's not because of the expansion. According to Stitch's Kingdom, it should be open: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/refurb/

What closes specifically because of the expansion:

Pooh's Playful Spot
Ariel's Grotto
Toon Town
Snow White's Scary Adventure (not sure when that is closing)

As a mom who has taken 3 little ones over the years, I totally disagree. I HATE the playgrounds. I wish they didn't have them, because it is a waste of time in my book. I don't feel like I paid big bucks for a theme park to have my kids playing in a playground. WE have plenty of walking to do and that seems to tire them out plenty. In fact that is why we bring a stroller, because they get tired of walking.
I have never understood the basic playgrounds at the parks. Now if they were more elaborate/family friendly, where the adults could have a go, then it might be ok.

jenseib, I believe I agree with you. At least that's the experience I have taking my kids to the zoo near us. We drive all the way to the city to do something different, and they want to spend an hour on the playground. If we just wanted to do that, we could could have driven five minutes to one of the 15 playgrounds near us. (But alas, I don't make a big fuss and let them do it.) I'm not sure what I'll do at Disney... Maybe let them play for a couple of minutes. Although really, I think mine are at an age now, where we'll have an easier time keeping them ride focused.

But hey, if others want to use the playgrounds, it keeps them out of the queues.:thumbsup2

Tinker Bell is no longer going to DHS, Disney announced on Tuesday that she'll be going to Epcot directly.

jenseib, I believe I agree with you. At least that's the experience I have taking my kids to the zoo near us. We drive all the way to the city to do something different, and they want to spend an hour on the playground. If we just wanted to do that, we could could have driven five minutes to one of the 15 playgrounds near us. (But alas, I don't make a big fuss and let them do it.) I'm not sure what I'll do at Disney... Maybe let them play for a couple of minutes. Although really, I think mine are at an age now, where we'll have an easier time keeping them ride focused.

But hey, if others want to use the playgrounds, it keeps them out of the queues.:thumbsup2

They're actually pretty easy to avoid now that the playful spot is no more. I really do recommend you spend a little time in the more elaborate play areas, though, if your kids are interested. HISTK area is fun and a great photo op spot, and the Boneyard looks like fun, too!! We always plan to stop there, but AK is the one park where we've kind of fallen into a pattern. :laughing:

Or not. To each their own touring style. :thumbsup2

couple over the wall shots from the ground on January 24 2011.
Used time delay with a mono pod raised over fence.
IMG_7399.JPG

IMG_7403.JPG

great shots. I take it the mouse partol didnt see you and chase you down for taking pictures over the fence. Come on people we need more of this. lol

Why did they cut that activity? Dancing with a princess? Walt Disney World could do that if they wanted, if they would go back to the days of like the 1971s when fun with the characters and pop up shows were a part of The Walt Disney World Lifestyle.
There was NO Stagefright. Everywhere you were in the parks was Disney's Performing Stage, and they need to get back to that.
These videos that I see online of Children dancing with the Princesses? THAT IS MAGIC TO ME !!!!
Here is my question, what will happen to The Tangled Play and Greet?

- Dwight

On the part where they used to pop up - we were in DL in August and the characters popped up there like the 'old days' I thought I remembered fondly....until the character popped up with no handler, no one around to save them or anyone around them when the FLASH MOB appeared :lmao: It happened a number of times - people in a circle around the character shoving their kid in front of them. So it was a contest to see who could shove at just the right time. It was not the fun surprise I remembered from the old days. I decided then and there that 'making an appointment' to see Mickey as I like to say now, is far preferable to wasting almost as much time to have my kid shoved :rotfl:

Does anyone know if the snow white coaster will be an "easy" ride?

The reason I love Disney World so much is that I am a big chicken and don't ride coasters ,even the Goofy one! :) But that's the beauty of Disney. There was always plenty for me to ride too like Winnie, Its a Small World Etc.

I was crushed when I heard they were closing one of my favorite and "easy" rides the Snow White ride. I heard here they are replacing it with a coaster.

Does anyone know if its a very easy fun magical ride like the old snow white, or is more of a thrill kid ride just themed like snow white like the goofy coaster?

Sorry if this was asked on here already, I didn't read all the pages of q's.

Thanks,
Shelly :)

The reason I love Disney World so much is that I am a big chicken and don't ride coasters ,even the Goofy one! :) But that's the beauty of Disney. There was always plenty for me to ride too like Winnie, Its a Small World Etc.

I was crushed when I heard they were closing one of my favorite and "easy" rides the Snow White ride. I heard here they are replacing it with a coaster.

Does anyone know if its a very easy fun magical ride like the old snow white, or is more of a thrill kid ride just themed like snow white like the goofy coaster?

Thanks,

The intensity is reputed to be between the barnstormer and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. There are not reported to be as many big ups and downs as a real roller coaster, but it will be fast in some areas and slow in others to enjoy the animatronic scenes. It will be more "thrilling" than the previous Snow White dark ride, faster certianly and longer, but should be fairly accessible to all. I hope youa re able to enjoy it.

Thanks,

I saw it referred to in a news report as being "moderate intensity". But beyond that there has been no official word. LOTS of conjecture and speculation here, but nothing concrete.

Thanks,

http://www.****************.com/features/20110131/3056/fact-or-fiction-seven-rumors-about-disneys-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-rollercoas

Here is a link to a recent story about the new mine coaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter