Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

Princess M&G - "Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel, Snow White and Tiana will alternate in the new Princess Fairytale Hall."

Does this mean that Naveen will no longer be a regular?
Will Belle be meeting in the Princess M&G or no? If not, then any idea where?
Also - will Merida become a regular or not?

And... "alternate"... does that mean it will be like 3 or 4 at a time then some switch? Grrr.

I read the Beast is no longer at Epcot with Belle. Can he only be seen at BOG for dinner? :(

angelmichelle said:
Princess M&G - "Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel, Snow White and Tiana will alternate in the new Princess Fairytale Hall."

Does this mean that Naveen will no longer be a regular?
Will Belle be meeting in the Princess M&G or no? If not, then any idea where?
Also - will Merida become a regular or not?

And... "alternate"... does that mean it will be like 3 or 4 at a time then some switch? Grrr.

I read the Beast is no longer at Epcot with Belle. Can he only be seen at BOG for dinner? :(

For most of these questions, stay tuned.

For now, I'm assuming Belle will not be at Princess Fairytale Hall.

Beast can only be seen at BOG for dinner.

This looks like the movement you'd get on Big Thunder Mountain (another tracked ride), rather than swaying. Swaying, to me, means free lateral motion of the kind you get with the track above your head, like you would if Peter Pan was a faster ride. That kind of movement just isn't possible (at least not safely) on a ride with the track on the bottom. Maybe the video shows some swaying in it, but there's no way the reality could be like that unless you literally go off-rail.

This looks like the movement you'd get on Big Thunder Mountain (another tracked ride), rather than swaying. Swaying, to me, means free lateral motion of the kind you get with the track above your head, like you would if Peter Pan was a faster ride. That kind of movement just isn't possible (at least not safely) on a ride with the track on the bottom. Maybe the video shows some swaying in it, but there's no way the reality could be like that unless you literally go off-rail.

The cars on the 7DMC are indeed supposed to sway back and forth on an axis.

Yeah, I didn't know the term for whatever movement it may be, but it seems pretty snazzy. Sorry to confuse you!

The cars on the 7DMC are indeed supposed to sway back and forth on an axis.

How? Is the track supposed to move somehow? :confused3

I guess there's a reason it's taking so long to build, because I'm dumbfounded as to how they'd achieve that, safely, on a tracked ride.

One way, and I wouldn't recommend it because of the engineering hassles, lack of safety and cost, would be at some point to switch from 2 bottom rails (which do not permit swaying without a derailment) to a single top rail (which would permit swaying). It's hard for me to imagine they'd consider doing this, though. But if accomplished, it would definitely be an engineering marvel.

I guess there's a reason it's taking so long to build, because I'm dumbfounded as to how they'd achieve that, safely, on a tracked ride.

There was a video on it a while back. It seems the car was sort of a swing on a track. As you move along the track, the car stays firmly attached to the rail, but the swinging action kicks in and it probably feels like it's tipping off the track. It really looks pretty cool.

grimley1968 said:

From what I gather the cart sits on the track and the seat part of it is elevated and held in on the sides

For most of these questions, stay tuned.

For now, I'm assuming Belle will not be at Princess Fairytale Hall.

Beast can only be seen at BOG for dinner.

I agree, Belle probably won't be in the mix at Fairytale hall. From what I understand, she's pretty busy over at ETWB. You can get a photo with Belle after the show, but only if you participate in the show, and no group photos.

She signs in her blue in France at Epcot.

She also signs in her yellow at Akershus in Epcot. While she is quite regular there, she is not guaranteed though. On rare occasion, she might not be there.

Nobody knows for sure how Fairytale Hall will work. I have feared all along that they might do "princess roulette" where you could get any combination of possible princesses. Only you wouldn't know when you enter the line who you would see. This gives them maximum staffing flexibility, but gives us the guests maximum frustration. It was like that for some time at DL and drove me nuts.

There was a video on it a while back. It seems the car was sort of a swing on a track. As you move along the track, the car stays firmly attached to the rail, but the swinging action kicks in and it probably feels like it's tipping off the track. It really looks pretty cool.

Ahh, so the whole thing sways, including rails? Sounds neat. If you could see cars in front of you swaying differently from you, that would be awesome, too.

So basically, the floor the tracks are on isn't in a fixed position, at least in parts of the ride. That's still going to be an engineering feat if pulled off.

Sorry to argue the point, but I was just puzzled by the "how" of getting a tracked ride to sway. The easier way would have been to simply have the cars hang, a la Peter Pan (or some other thrill rides in other parks), but that wouldn't have exactly gone with the theming of a mine train.

I agree, Belle probably won't be in the mix at Fairytale hall. From what I understand, she's pretty busy over at ETWB. You can get a photo with Belle after the show, but only if you participate in the show, and no group photos.

She signs in her blue in France at Epcot.

She also signs in her yellow at Akershus in Epcot. While she is quite regular there, she is not guaranteed though. On rare occasion, she might not be there.

Nobody knows for sure how Fairytale Hall will work. I have feared all along that they might do "princess roulette" where you could get any combination of possible princesses. Only you wouldn't know when you enter the line who you would see. This gives them maximum staffing flexibility, but gives us the guests maximum frustration. It was like that for some time at DL and drove me nuts.

We're planning on ETWB so I'm pleased about her doing pictures with those who participate. Are adults discouraged to participate, though? (well, it'd be two young adults)

I really hope it's not roulette style. :crazy2:
That would be just cruel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter