Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Berlioz70, Dec 29, 2010.

1. GenevieveRaqs

GenevieveRaqs DIS Veteran

I thought I read that one of the Imagineers said in a recent online chat there would definitely *not* be an M&G in this area. Then again, BOG was *not* going to be a character meal, and the Beast is meeting there (though not in traditional make-the-rounds character meal fashion). :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

That must be why I think they're dying--I read the same thing.

4. DaveinFallsChurch

DaveinFallsChurch DIS Veteran

Makes sense. It does seem a bit off to have a princess meet and greet next to the bathrooms with the occasional toilet flushes and high pitch hand dryer noises coming through the walls :lmao:

I can also anticipate the gradual onset of disappointment on my DD's face when she first sees the building believing it's a new Rapunzel attraction or meet and greet, then realizes they're just restrooms! ;)

5. DanBoris

DanBoris DIS Veteran

You are correct...

Jenn Fickley-Baker: We've also received several questions about construction going on elsewhere in Fantasyland, in the area where the old Skyway attraction was. What can you tell us about this area?

Chris Beatty: Not only have we looked at adding new guests experiences to the New Fantasyland, but we looked at opportunities to enhance guest comfort. Many of you are curious to know will there be a character meet-and-greet in this area, but at this moment there are no plans.

6. jkpmac

jkpmac Mouseketeer

7. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

8. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Is something happening at Fantasyland today... because this was in my Facebook news feed:

Greg ______ and 46 others also posted about Fantasyland.

;)

9. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Today is the official grand opening!!!

10. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

LOL, let me know if you hear what it is. :lmao:

11. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

I heard they were building a new ride or something. As long as SWSA is still there though, I'm good.

12. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Maybe the opening of the new Rapunzel Bathroom M&G area? :banana:

As a side note is this thread now redundant as the Brits would say? Or is it still valid until the Mine Train opens?

13. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Maybe Part III?

14. dnsmills

dnsmills Disney Obsessed

We're at MK today and saw the opening ceremonies. It was great! In line for Enchanted Tales w/ Belle right now. Went from a 10 minute wait to a 90 minute wait in about 5 minutes.

15. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Sue, those pictures are fabulous. i can't wait to go back and see everything in the daylight.

Here are some more from Nov. 12

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

17. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Found my Prince Charming!

Love those pictures Jenn! When I ate lunch there last week that room was closed off for some reason, so I couldn't get any pics in there, only the rose room and main banquet hall, though they were both wonderful.

18. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

WEll it was technically closed off too but I saw some others go in, so I went in as well. There was a couple of CM's in there and they didn't seem to have a problem with it and even answered questions.
    I asked if this was the area for the Counter service and the CM told me al l3 rooms would be open for counter service. I don't know if that is true or not, but I heard the waits are long right now, so it would be wise to have all that seating.

19. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

20. PrincessKara22

PrincessKara22 Princess in Training

So I know there has been a lot of talk about BOG but has anyone eaten at Gaston's? Taken pictures inside of it? How is Bonjour Village Gifts? Whats theming like at LM?

21. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Found my Prince Charming!

I had the Warm Cinnamon Roll at Gaston's. It was HUGE!!!! And more like a piece of cake than a cinnamon roll, but oh so delicious. No pics inside though, sorry!