Official DL ½ Marathon Weekend 2016 Check-In! Sept 1-4, 2016

I just have to vent a little. My 14 yo DD asked me to run the 10K with her. We tried to sign up during the early registration for the AP holders, but it was sold out within about 10 minutes. So today, I get on the computer at 9AM. I had two windows open, one with her registration, and one with mine. I submitted mine first to create my account. Then I submitted her registration. The server returned the message that there was an error, and I had to start the process all over again. I went to start her registration again and it said that the 10K was sold out.

I contacted Run Disney customer service. They said there was nothing that they could do, and I was out of luck. They won't give me a refund either stating their policy of no transfers and no cancellations. I can't run the 10K without her, as it was her dream to run it together and would break her heart. So, now I guess I am stuck eating the $150. I am not happy about the process or the RunDisney customer service. They were very rude.

Bkoyle

Just a quick update, and a shout out to Magical Enchanted Vacations. I contacted all the TA, and none of them had any 10K bibs left. A couple of weeks go by, and Kristina Sharpe from Magical Enchanted Vacations emailed me, stating that she had a few more 10K bibs that were allotted to her. I was able to sign up my daughter for the 10K. She is very excited, and so am I. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Bkoyle

I am in for the Dumbo Double Dare, which will also get me my Coast to Coast as I did the half during Marathon Weekend.

Just a quick update, and a shout out to Magical Enchanted Vacations. I contacted all the TA, and none of them had any 10K bibs left. A couple of weeks go by, and Kristina Sharpe from Magical Enchanted Vacations emailed me, stating that she had a few more 10K bibs that were allotted to her. I was able to sign up my daughter for the 10K. She is very excited, and so am I. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Bkoyle
Yay! :yay: Glad everything worked out and you were able to get a bib!

I am curious about the runDisney Galloway training plans. I am thinking about doing the Star Wars Half Marathon in January and am thinking of using a Galloway training plan (partly to help with injury prevention). It sounds like a great way to train ... but I am wondering if people do the actual race with this run/walk style as well, or if they train with the run/walk style and then attempt to do the race with just running. Are there many people at the runDisney events doing the run/walk in the race itself? Also, have others used these plans and found them to be a good way to prepare for a half marathon? This would be my first one so I am a little unsure about it all :)

I am in for the Dumbo Double Dare. This will be my first time doing the DL Half, but 4th trip to DL. Excited!!

I am curious about the runDisney Galloway training plans. I am thinking about doing the Star Wars Half Marathon in January and am thinking of using a Galloway training plan (partly to help with injury prevention). It sounds like a great way to train ... but I am wondering if people do the actual race with this run/walk style as well, or if they train with the run/walk style and then attempt to do the race with just running. Are there many people at the runDisney events doing the run/walk in the race itself? Also, have others used these plans and found them to be a good way to prepare for a half marathon? This would be my first one so I am a little unsure about it all :)

I have used the Galloway run walk to train for all 4 of my past runDisney race/weekends. I used it pretty exclusively to train for the Wine & Dine 1/2 last November and did really well that weekend using the same intervals I trained with. I tend to do more running in some parts and more walking in others. I have only done 5K and 10K (Star wars Inaugural 2015 events) at DL so i I cannot speak for the 1/2 marathon. but there was plenty of space and I wasn't forced to walk much due to space issues. Not like you are at some of the WDW events/courses. I will be doing the Rebel Challenge for SW Light side in 2017 :)

Lots of people use this method at Disney races especially. You should run races the way you train. I will add that if you do a run/walk method, I do too by the way, try to be courteous: stay to the right, especially when walking, put up a hand when you're about to stop running, and look around you to make sure you can do so safely. :) The first time I ran with this method and was in a corral that had everyone following these things, was probably my best experience.

Thanks! That is really helpful. And makes sense that you should run the race the same way you train. I am excited to try this training style and see how it works for me!

Officially on countdown now... 12 weeks to go!! :hyper: Everybody ready to start training or already training? Costumes being planned?? Speculation on what the medals will look like? :goodvibes

Officially on countdown now... 12 weeks to go!! :hyper: Everybody ready to start training or already training? Costumes being planned?? Speculation on what the medals will look like? :goodvibes

NO...is it really??? We were JUST at Tink. The summer is going to fly by.
I've enjoyed my time off from running but I guess I better start back on the dreadmill.

Slowly getting closer... We can now make reservations through Saturday!!! Remember if you're thinking carbs Fri or Sat at a sit-down reservations are way better than standing in line for a hour!! :goodvibes

I forgot to check awhile back, but expo hours are up ~ Thurs 10-8, Fri 12-8, Sat 10-5.

Hope everyone's summer and training is going well! :dog2: :genie: :mickeyjum :dumbo:

Slowly getting closer... We can now make reservations through Saturday!!! Remember if you're thinking carbs Fri or Sat at a sit-down reservations are way better than standing in line for a hour!! :goodvibes

I forgot to check awhile back, but expo hours are up ~ Thurs 10-8, Fri 12-8, Sat 10-5.

Hope everyone's summer and training is going well! :dog2: :genie: :mickeyjum :dumbo:

Good call on the reservations. A sit-down meal at some point over the weekend would be fun :). We were at DL/DCA this weekend and I thought about how soon we'll be running there. I'm not overly excited about raining at the moment, so I'm hoping our recent visit will help motivate me and keep me on track :)

Good call on the reservations. A sit-down meal at some point over the weekend would be fun :). We were at DL/DCA this weekend and I thought about how soon we'll be running there. I'm not overly excited about raining at the moment, so I'm hoping our recent visit will help motivate me and keep me on track :)

Hope your training is going better now! :goodvibes

Sounds like we might be getting the medal reveal next week, rD tweeted out a TBT pic of the inaugural WDW Marathon medal and said to stay tuned next week for more medal fun. It's close enough I'm really hoping it's not another old medal post.

Disney Parks Blog announced that the Race Programs will now be digital starting w/ DL next month and it'll be available soon. (Along w/ bib #'s hopefully! :hyper:)

Also, they announced that the 5k medallions will now be metal also starting w/ DL. They announced the metal for the Country Bears 5k, now all we need is the 10k!

RDMM4997582.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter