Official DL ½ Marathon Weekend 2016 Check-In! Sept 1-4, 2016

Wouldn't that be nice, haha.

Oh, compromise. I thought my original compromise was that I was going to WDW and needed to cut back. Funny how that actually doesn't happen. Instead I'm sitting here still so mad at myself (again) for not registering for Star Wars.
That's exactly how I am!! I wasn't going to do any WDW races next year, saving for anniversary Dopey in '18. Then I had to defer SW, and figured since I'm saving money on that trip, next year's SW is essentially paid for, so I'll have money for Marathon Weekend next Jan. :rotfl2: It's all relative in the world of Disney math. :goodvibes

We are in here. Daughter and a few nephews are in for 10K, son and niece for the Dumbo, granddaughter and her "Girl Squad" (GD is 5, she runs with a group of teen girls) are in for the 5K. She loved running the Star Wars 5K. It was her first rD race.

Did you decide what you're going to do for WDW???

"Just" the full.

That's exactly how I am!! I wasn't going to do any WDW races next year, saving for anniversary Dopey in '18. Then I had to defer SW, and figured since I'm saving money on that trip, next year's SW is essentially paid for, so I'll have money for Marathon Weekend next Jan. :rotfl2: It's all relative in the world of Disney math. :goodvibes

Oh, Disney math!! It really is it's own entity.

Regular registration opens tomorrow!!! 9am PST and 12 EST. Don't forget to get online early and just keep refreshing until it opens and also remember that each person has to be registered individually, it can't be bundled, so if you have a lot of people try and get some help. Good luck!! :surfweb: :hyper:

untitled.png

I'm in for DDD and 5K. My first rD events. I'm so nervous, I've spent the last 5 days reading everything I can and started training. I just bit the bullet today by purchasing bibs through Acclaim. With the Canadian dollar being brutal, that hurt. A lot. lol but the cancellation policy was worth it to me. :)

9:47 and the only races on hold are the 10k and kids races. Really weird since there'll most likely be a new medal for the 1/2. People finally saying no to the high reg fees or enough races to spread out for runners to do?

I'm in for DDD and 5K. My first rD events. I'm so nervous, I've spent the last 5 days reading everything I can and started training. I just bit the bullet today by purchasing bibs through Acclaim. With the Canadian dollar being brutal, that hurt. A lot. lol but the cancellation policy was worth it to me. :)

Mom and me are doing the 10k
Already bought bib through Magical Enchanted Vacations :)
So excited, this will be my first 10k and our first rundDsney!

Just signed up for my first 10K at Disneyland! I'm really looking forward to it, and hope I don't embarrass myself.

You guys are going to have so much fun! rD events are awesome and look forward to doing every year. Aside from the craziness of the merchandise at the expo, they really are great events and put on really well.

12:45 and still only the 10k and kids races are sold out.

In for the DDD and the 5k. My Wife "Millerette" is running the 5k with me. DD6 will be running in the Kids race.

I just have to vent a little. My 14 yo DD asked me to run the 10K with her. We tried to sign up during the early registration for the AP holders, but it was sold out within about 10 minutes. So today, I get on the computer at 9AM. I had two windows open, one with her registration, and one with mine. I submitted mine first to create my account. Then I submitted her registration. The server returned the message that there was an error, and I had to start the process all over again. I went to start her registration again and it said that the 10K was sold out.

I contacted Run Disney customer service. They said there was nothing that they could do, and I was out of luck. They won't give me a refund either stating their policy of no transfers and no cancellations. I can't run the 10K without her, as it was her dream to run it together and would break her heart. So, now I guess I am stuck eating the $150. I am not happy about the process or the RunDisney customer service. They were very rude.

Bkoyle

I just have to vent a little. My 14 yo DD asked me to run the 10K with her. We tried to sign up during the early registration for the AP holders, but it was sold out within about 10 minutes. So today, I get on the computer at 9AM. I had two windows open, one with her registration, and one with mine. I submitted mine first to create my account. Then I submitted her registration. The server returned the message that there was an error, and I had to start the process all over again. I went to start her registration again and it said that the 10K was sold out.

I contacted Run Disney customer service. They said there was nothing that they could do, and I was out of luck. They won't give me a refund either stating their policy of no transfers and no cancellations. I can't run the 10K without her, as it was her dream to run it together and would break her heart. So, now I guess I am stuck eating the $150. I am not happy about the process or the RunDisney customer service. They were very rude.

Bkoyle
You can still get into the 10k, most of the TA still have 10k slots, I went with http://www.magicalkingdomvacation.com/2016-disneyland-half-marathon.html

Bkoyle
Sorry about the sellout. The 10k has become so popular in the past couple of years. I would try calling rD again today or tomorrow and maybe ask if there's an event manager you can speak to if they do that. Maybe being the day after they're less bombarded by calls and someone can help you out. rD is kind of like how sometimes you can get 2 or 3 answers in calling DL and talking to CMs. Also, like DisneyMountainWoman suggested, TAs have bibs and also Get Travel and Acclaim Travel are 2 companies that rD works with. They should have bibs and while they usually are attached to park tix if you call and talk to someone about what happened, maybe they will make an exception and waive that for you since you're an AP. Another alternative, not as great but something is deferring this year's race to next year. There is a fee, but you are guaranteed a spot next year and they'll send you an email 2 weeks before race reg opens and you just say yes or no. Then when reg opens for the races next year, you only need to reg your daughter.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I have contacted a couple of the travel partners to see if I can combine a room and a bib, since I was planning to stay local anyway. We will see what they have available. Worst case, I can postpone until next year as Kim3339 said.

Bkoyle

In for DDD! I'm going to attempt to be strong and not sign up for the 5K even though there are still slots available...

I had no intentions of signing up yesterday. In fact, I had even forgotten it was registration day. But as I took my late lunch yesterday I ran across the status from rundisney and figured I would see if everything had sold out. Lo and behold the half was still open. So I text my Mom and asked if she wanted to trek to the west coast for her birthday (we're east coasters). Of course she said yes and my heart wouldn't let my brain sign up for just the 13.1 so DDD it is! Steep price tag and didn't want to pull the trigger out of principal but I am the reason Disney continues to increase price. Haha. Can't wait!! :banana:

In for DDD! I'm going to attempt to be strong and not sign up for the 5K even though there are still slots available...

I had no intentions of signing up yesterday. In fact, I had even forgotten it was registration day. But as I took my late lunch yesterday I ran across the status from rundisney and figured I would see if everything had sold out. Lo and behold the half was still open. So I text my Mom and asked if she wanted to trek to the west coast for her birthday (we're east coasters). Of course she said yes and my heart wouldn't let my brain sign up for just the 13.1 so DDD it is! Steep price tag and didn't want to pull the trigger out of principal but I am the reason Disney continues to increase price. Haha. Can't wait!! :banana:
I legitimately love your enthusiasm!! How fun for you and your mom! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter