Registration opens on Feb. 2nd at 9am PST/12 EST
5k ~ Sold Out
10k ~ Sold Out
½ Marathon ~ $205
Dumbo Double Dare ~ Sold Out
Kids Races ~ Sold Out

Course Info
To be determined for all courses
(Not sure how Star Wars Land construction will affect the course)

Other Info
W.I.S.H. Thread ~ http://disboards.com/threads/official-2016-disneyland-half-marathon-thread.3472488/

Get Travel Link ~ they are the travel company for rD and where you can get discounted park tix and hotels
http://www.gettravel.com/dlhm-2016/

Proof of Time ~ Proof of time must be submitted by 5/31 for the ½ and DDD.

Last edited:
Who's In?

Keels
lurkergirl
Malcon10t's DGD and friends
Kristabelle13
SoundGuy
Millerette
mhingher

Malcon10t's DD & DNephew
DisneyMountainWoman & Mom
Mary Jo
Bkoyle & DD

½ Marathon

VickiHD & DH
NMDisneyMom
tidefan
mhowens & DH
chrisaman's DW

Dumbo Double Dare
kim3339
Keels
Kathymford
Mickey's Sweetheart
Malcon10t's DS & DNiece
chrisaman
Kristabelle13
SoundGuy
loholcomb
insoin
lauriko & 3 DFriends

Last edited:
Hotel Shuttle Map
These are the hotels that had ART shuttles race weekend. If you're running, you'll get a free pass for the weekend. The shuttles pick you up and drop you off at the East Esplanade off Harbor. You'll walk down through DTD to the staging area in the DL Hotel Parking Lot to get to the race start.

SW Map.png

Last edited:
:scared: Freaking out a little bit, but I signed up for the half. It will be my first half marathon and first runDisney event. All tips and tricks/help accepted.

Oh, what have I gotten myself in to??? :scared::scared:

I am in for the half! Did the WDW Half on 1/9 so this will complete my coast-to-coast challenge.

I was successful in registering for the 5K...and I learned from the Star Wars 5K and I've already taken the day off. :rotfl:

DH and I are in for the 1/2.
It will be 10 years running this race.
10 years! Don't say that, it makes me feel old. :rotfl:

The race last week was awesome! If you want a SoCal one, that's definitely the one to do. Gorgeous morning, we ran parallel to the mountains and you could see the Hollywood sign at bigger intersections. Paramount Studios was awesome, we saw some generic street sets and offices but being the movie nerd I totally thought of Sunset Blvd in the scenes when they were in the writers offices so that was cool. Nice flat course, there were a few inclines but it's like DL so really easy. Being the 1st year I was really impressed, more water stops would have been a little better, but I was only doing the 10k so it was okay. There were some issues w/ the shuttles from the hotel and post race we were getting mixed pick-up places, but we ended up talking to the race director and he gave us money for a taxi so we didn't have to worry about the shuttle back!! Then of course went down to DL, got there around 1:30 and it was incredible; the lightest I've seen it in forever. Peter Pan was only 30 minutes at 2:30! On a Sunday! And we were the last people on HM so I got a really cool pics of an empty hallway, b/c when do you ever get to see that.

:scared: Freaking out a little bit, but I signed up for the half. It will be my first half marathon and first runDisney event. All tips and tricks/help accepted.

Oh, what have I gotten myself in to??? :scared::scared:

You'll do great! It's a great place and race for your 1st 1/2.

I told my friends about my impulsive decision yesterday, and after the "you're crazy" comments, I have one friend coming with me. This will serve as our annual girls weekend. She won't run, but be there at the finish line to cheer me on.

I can't book airfare until after Southwest opens bookings in mid-Feb, but went ahead and got our hotel. I'm a DVC owner, but know that it would be next to impossible to get one of the Villas at GC that weekend. So I went ahead and booked the DLH on points. We have a Premium View room 9/1-5 all booked. Now I just need to get in gear, and start running. I'm one of those people that once I have a goal, I'm going to meet or exceed it. Just the way I am. Fingers crossed!

10 years! Don't say that, it makes me feel old. :rotfl:

The race last week was awesome! If you want a SoCal one, that's definitely the one to do. Gorgeous morning, we ran parallel to the mountains and you could see the Hollywood sign at bigger intersections. Paramount Studios was awesome, we saw some generic street sets and offices but being the movie nerd I totally thought of Sunset Blvd in the scenes when they were in the writers offices so that was cool. Nice flat course, there were a few inclines but it's like DL so really easy. Being the 1st year I was really impressed, more water stops would have been a little better, but I was only doing the 10k so it was okay. There were some issues w/ the shuttles from the hotel and post race we were getting mixed pick-up places, but we ended up talking to the race director and he gave us money for a taxi so we didn't have to worry about the shuttle back!! Then of course went down to DL, got there around 1:30 and it was incredible; the lightest I've seen it in forever. Peter Pan was only 30 minutes at 2:30! On a Sunday! And we were the last people on HM so I got a really cool pics of an empty hallway, b/c when do you ever get to see that.

Maybe I missed the context, but what race was this?

I told my friends about my impulsive decision yesterday, and after the "you're crazy" comments, I have one friend coming with me. This will serve as our annual girls weekend. She won't run, but be there at the finish line to cheer me on.

I can't book airfare until after Southwest opens bookings in mid-Feb, but went ahead and got our hotel. I'm a DVC owner, but know that it would be next to impossible to get one of the Villas at GC that weekend. So I went ahead and booked the DLH on points. We have a Premium View room 9/1-5 all booked. Now I just need to get in gear, and start running. I'm one of those people that once I have a goal, I'm going to meet or exceed it. Just the way I am. Fingers crossed!

I booked VGC right at 11 months before I even knew if I'd get into the race. You have to at that DVC. :)

/QUOTE]

I'm glad the race was fun. I was thinking about it over the weekend and even signed up for emails....so maybe next year. The course would have been SO cool to see. Oh, the movie Sunset Blvd., I had to study that film in college, so I know it well. It really does sound like a good race.

No crowds at the park....lucky you !!! Did you "experience" the Skipper School ?

DH has a short business trip down south....so we get to tag along and go to the park while he works. The only bad thing is it's during Spring Break. But a crowded day at DL is still better than not going at all. And I've been missing the park so this will break up the LONG months until Tink. :charac2:

Maybe I missed the context, but what race was this?
It was this past weekend in LA called Run to Remember. It started and ended at the Grove.

No Skipper School. And I saw you could cross over at the NOS train stop and look at the buildings there too. My little niece was w/ us so we were on Pooh and FL rides a lot. I don't even think we walked by JC or Indy. And yes, a crowded day in the parks is better than no parks. I got that email about AP Days coming up and really want to go down, especially b/c they mentioned handing out recipe cards, yum! But I have a full next month, so I have high mileage and long runs that I can't miss. :sad:I think I might be done until Tink now, but I'll need to squeeze some trips in over the summer since I don't think I'm renewing in Sept.

I have some serious thinking to do in a short amount of time! I love the Disneyland race because it's right before my birthday, but I keep telling myself I need to cut back. Plus I've got registration for WDW not too far in the distance and I really need to save up to be able to do that right.

Hmm. If my taxes don't hurt too much this year, I may just jump in and at least do the 10K. I should probably get on that ...

I have some serious thinking to do in a short amount of time! I love the Disneyland race because it's right before my birthday, but I keep telling myself I need to cut back. Plus I've got registration for WDW not too far in the distance and I really need to save up to be able to do that right.

Hmm. If my taxes don't hurt too much this year, I may just jump in and at least do the 10K. I should probably get on that ...

Maybe you'll win another bib like last year ?? I think you will really miss it if you don't do something. The 10k is a nice compromise.

Maybe you'll win another bib like last year ?? I think you will really miss it if you don't do something. The 10k is a nice compromise.
Wouldn't that be nice, haha.

Oh, compromise. I thought my original compromise was that I was going to WDW and needed to cut back. Funny how that actually doesn't happen. Instead I'm sitting here still so mad at myself (again) for not registering for Star Wars.

Did you decide what you're going to do for WDW???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter