Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello - love seeing all these cakes! I have a 2 questions, though. First time ordering a cake to be served at a restaurant. We are dining at Le Cellier, and I want to order a 6" cake to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The Epcot info on the first page here says there is no personalization, but I see that lots of folks got cakes decorated the way they wanted. So by "personalization" is that just referring to no names on the cakes? I don't care about names, but I would like to personalize the cake by having them do silver decorations and a 25 somewhere on the top - LOL!

Second question - I would much prefer to have the cake brought out at Spice Road Table, since I think that meal will be a little more laid back, and not as rushed as Le Cellier, but I can't find any info about doing that. Any one ever have a cake brought out after a meal at Spice Road?

Hello - love seeing all these cakes! I have a 2 questions, though. First time ordering a cake to be served at a restaurant. We are dining at Le Cellier, and I want to order a 6" cake to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The Epcot info on the first page here says there is no personalization, but I see that lots of folks got cakes decorated the way they wanted. So by "personalization" is that just referring to no names on the cakes? I don't care about names, but I would like to personalize the cake by having them do silver decorations and a 25 somewhere on the top - LOL!

Second question - I would much prefer to have the cake brought out at Spice Road Table, since I think that meal will be a little more laid back, and not as rushed as Le Cellier, but I can't find any info about doing that. Any one ever have a cake brought out after a meal at Spice Road?
You can get a completely personalized cake at Le Cellier just contact Epcot cakes info is in the second post of this thread.

I believe Spice Road Table is owned and operated by the same people as restaurant Marrakech so you can get a much less customized cake but they do offer cakes. Ordering info is also found in the second post of this thread.

^^Thank you! So I need to decide if I want a more laid back celebration at Spice Road with a simple cake, or hope they don't rush us out of Le Cellier with our beautiful customized 6" cake. hahaha I just want us to gobble the cake up, and have no intention of taking any leftovers (believe me, we are cake people - no such word as "slice" in our cake vocabulary, only "hunk").

But what is a Disney trip without hand-wringing decisions!

The Epcot info on the first page here says there is no personalization, but I see that lots of folks got cakes decorated the way they wanted. So by "personalization" is that just referring to no names on the cakes? I don't care about names, but I would like to personalize the cake by having them do silver decorations and a 25 somewhere on the top - LOL!

"No personalization" means the 6-inch cake is too small to write on. They have to write on the plate. Information about a custom cake like you want is directly under the "no personalization" line in that post.

From Post #2 of this thread:

Restaurant Marrakesh 407-827-5322, ext. 16
  • 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • No 8-inch or 10-inch cakes
  • 12-inch $48 cake, same options as 6-inch

Thank you! I have plenty of time to decide, but I am leaning toward Le Cellier because I do want the cake to look like a 25th celebration cake.

Thanks again for the info!

Has anyone seen a mini cake or a 6" cake decorated in an Oswald theme? or Chip/Dale? My son is turning 11 and those are his favorite characters so I'm thinking about surprising him with a cake.

Has anyone seen a mini cake or a 6" cake decorated in an Oswald theme? or Chip/Dale? My son is turning 11 and those are his favorite characters so I'm thinking about surprising him with a cake.

image.jpeg
This Oswald cake was made by Disney.
image.jpeg
Here's a closer picture of it
image.jpeg
This one could be modified to a smaller cake.

image.jpeg
Chip and Dale were harder but I loved the idea of this one (though it was obviously a wedding cake too)
image.jpeg
Tree stumps seem very popular for C&D cakes and I think they're super cute!
image.jpeg
You could ask them about one like this and bring your own C&D figure

Okay - sorry for all these questions, but you guys are the ones in the know about cakes!! I have one more idea for a cake that I would absolutely love, but I don't know how optimistic I would be to pull it off.

My final idea for a 25th anniversary cake would be if I could order a 6" cake delivered to Sci-Fi Diner, decorated in silver and white with . . . wait for it . . . silver space decorations! At first I thought it would be cheesy, but Sci-Fi Diner is one of the cheesiest - in a wonderful way - places I know! I think our kids would get a kick out of it.

So do you think that request would be honored, if I go through the Brown Derby Group reservations line? Has anyone worked with this group, and were they open to fun stuff? We are going in January, and this would be the Wednesday after the Marathon, so I'm thinking a slower time might help with a "yes" from them.

**EDIT** I actually saw a beautiful cake that was just decorated with stars so I think that would be perfect! What do you think?

Last edited:
I'm working with Chef Brian at the moment to create a 6" lemon cake for our wedding anniversary in a few weeks time. I've been quoted $104, so far, for a Tangled theme cake. We're still hammering out the specifics however. Fingers crossed it goes to plan and that it looks and tastes as wonderful as I'm hoping. My husband and I had a Memlries wedding at The Polynesian 4 years ago and didn't have a wedding cake, so this is sort of filling that gap!

Okay - sorry for all these questions, but you guys are the ones in the know about cakes!! I have one more idea for a cake that I would absolutely love, but I don't know how optimistic I would be to pull it off.

My final idea for a 25th anniversary cake would be if I could order a 6" cake delivered to Sci-Fi Diner, decorated in silver and white with . . . wait for it . . . silver space decorations! At first I thought it would be cheesy, but Sci-Fi Diner is one of the cheesiest - in a wonderful way - places I know! I think our kids would get a kick out of it.

So do you think that request would be honored, if I go through the Brown Derby Group reservations line? Has anyone worked with this group, and were they open to fun stuff? We are going in January, and this would be the Wednesday after the Marathon, so I'm thinking a slower time might help with a "yes" from them.

I think you definitely should ask, but it may take a bit of persistence on your part. Let us know how it goes!

I'm working with Chef Brian at the moment to create a 6" lemon cake for our wedding anniversary in a few weeks time.

May I ask what type of filling you decided on for your cake? I'm considering a 25th anniversary cake of my own, and lemon is on the drawing board, but I can't decide what type of filling goes with it. Thanks!

here is the cake we ended up with -- white cake with fondant, white buttercream icing and chocolate mousse. The flowers were sugar, the entire thing was edible

xmvNaqf.jpg

On my daughter's 21st birthday we will be dining at Tiffins. We have custom ordered cakes before for delivery to BOG, CRT and BC but it does not look like Tiffins has any cakes available according to the link posted in this thread, possibly because it is so new. Does anyone know if you can order a cake for delivery there?

We are heading down in Nov, me, DD20 and her DBFF who is going to turn 20 while we are there. Last trip I ordered a cake for my DD16 bday, but have never been there on an occasion to order one for my DD20. Soooo, I was thinking maybe two mini cakes, one with some type of Ariel theming, and the other, I was thinking, Unbirthday, has anyone ever done an unbirthday cake? And that is Alice in wonderland, right? Or is that Pooh, been awhile since I have seen either. If it's pooh, it's out, if it's Alice, that's grea!!! Any pics would be great! Thanks

I want to let you know my experiences in the past 48 hours ordering two separates cakes for our trip at the end of September.

1. Emailed about Magic Kingdom cake. Asked for mini cake with two choices (strawberry shortcake/whipped cream or 2nd choice of yellow cake, cannoli filling and chocolate butter cream). Decorations were three purple/white roses on top and purple Mickeys on side. This is my birthday cake. I got an email within 24 hours saying neither were available and my choices are:

o vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing and white chocolate mousse filling
o chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing and dark chocolate mousse filling

It would be $35 for a mini cake

I replied and asked if they could do either of my two original requests on a 6" cake and if yes, how much would it be. Within an hour I received a reply that it would be $29 for the cake with the cannoli filling. So I am saving $6 over a mini cake, getting a larger cake (even though there are only 2 of us) and exactly what I wanted.

Lesson: Maybe a mini cake is not always the cheapest choice.

Cake #2 - this one has not been finalized but it is about 85% of the way there.

I called a little after 8 am yesterday morning to Yacht/Beach Club Private Dining. I requested an 8" Haunted Mansion themed cake for our 30th anniversary to be delivered to our room. I wanted some very specific decorations. I got an email within four hours asking me to provide exact details/pictures of the decorations (purple wallpapers, hitch hiking ghosts, bride and groom, and roses) I send the requested info a little after 5 pm yesterday. By 7 pm I was told that they would let me know pricing and if it was approved as soon as they knew. I got an email to call this morning. I spoke to the person who sent the email and they said that they asked for the ghost images that they needed and an alternative to the bride/groom picture I submitted and would let me know when they heard something back.

I got a price of $105 plus tax, gratuity and delivery to our room. Total is about $135 all inclusive. I was shocked that it was that cheap considering the work involved in the cake.

Yes, some DISers have mentioned here that the voicemail for Magic Kingdom Cakes says no more customized cakes after Dec. 15, 2016. However, there has been no official announcement like they claim in the article. And I am sure you will still be able to get a cake by calling the Contemporary—which most people have always had to do anyway because the MK Cake Hotline offerings were so limited.

I've just received an email back from the magic kingdom email account who have said in the next few months will no longer be delivering cakes to restaurants unless they are dinner reservations so I might just have to book an evening meal for the sake of it. A little disappointed as I was going to have it while we were at be our guest for lunch reservations but it's one of those things I guess. Thank you everyone for your help.

Hi, a while ago I mentioned that when I emailed Disney about delivering cakes to Magic Kingdom, they said they were stopping doing it. Below is an article that came out today, I just wanted to give you all a heads up that they're stopping cake deliveries in December

http://www.chipandco.com/customized-cakes-no-longer-available-magic-kingdom-247166/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter