Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, some DISers have mentioned here that the voicemail for Magic Kingdom Cakes says no more customized cakes after Dec. 15, 2016. However, there has been no official announcement like they claim in the article. And I am sure you will still be able to get a cake by calling the Contemporary—which most people have always had to do anyway because the MK Cake Hotline offerings were so limited.

This is the text from the email I received when I inquired about a Magic Kingdom cake on Sunday and I would consider this to be confirmation of the change:

Thank you for contacting Magic Kingdom Cakes! We have received your email and you will receive a response within 72 hours. We are in the office Monday- Saturday 8:30am - 4:30pm EST. We are out of the office all day Sunday and major US holidays.

Please note that all cake orders must be received 72 hours prior to your reservation date.

Cakes can be added on to existing reservations at table service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom, including Be Our Guest (dinner only), Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, Jungle Skipper Canteen, The Crystal Palace, The Plaza Restaurant, and Tony's Town Square through this mailbox.

***Beginning December 15, 2016, cakes will no longer be available at Magic Kingdom Restaurants. If your reservation is past this date, please contact us closer to your travel dates as we are currently in the process of re-imagining new offerings. Chocolate and vanilla 6-inch cakes will still be available to order at the podium upon check-in (please note these cakes cannot be personalized)***

We look forward to working with you to make your dining experience extra special!

Kindest Regards,

The Special Occasion Coordinator Team

MAGIC KINGDOM® Park

MagicKingdomCakes@disney.com

As a heads up for those who are wanting Haunted Mansion cakes that I am being told that they can no longer do the bride and groom in a picture frame on top of the cake. My alternatives are the hitch hiking ghosts, the characters from the stretching room or an image of the outside of the mansion.

I am still waiting to finalize my cake order which should hopefully be tomorrow they needed one approval still.

I just ordered 2 cupcakes for dining at CRT in October. I was given my choice of a chocolate or vanilla cupcake themed as a princess or prince. I chose an Elsa theme for my daughter and prince theme for my son with blue frosting. The cost for each is only $8.25 plus tax and tip which I thought was pretty reasonable compared to ordering a mini cake, especially since I needed 2 of them. I will post a pic of them after our trip.

I just ordered 2 cupcakes for dining at CRT in October. I was given my choice of a chocolate or vanilla cupcake themed as a princess or prince. I chose an Elsa theme for my daughter and prince theme for my son with blue frosting. The cost for each is only $8.25 plus tax and tip which I thought was pretty reasonable compared to ordering a mini cake, especially since I needed 2 of them. I will post a pic of them after our trip.
I am planning to do the same thing. They sent me pictures of a Cinderella one and a Snow White one. They are very cute and so reasonable compared to the mini cakes.

I am planning to do the same thing. They sent me pictures of a Cinderella one and a Snow White one. They are very cute and so reasonable compared to the mini cakes.

Could you post the photo of the Snow White one please? :) They only sent me a photo of the Cinderella one.

Could you post the photo of the Snow White one please? :) They only sent me a photo of the Cinderella one.
Snow%20White%20Cupcake%203_zpsj1kr7dkv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Snow%20White%20Cupcake%203_zpsj1kr7dkv.jpg

For you experienced Disney cake people if you had to choose between the Standard Mickey head cake or a Dome cake from Amorette's which would you choose? We want to eat the cake in our room so the price will be basically the same either way. I know I'd have to go to DS to get the Dome which isn't a problem. Also could we have the hotel hold our Dome cake in their fridge until our room is ready? We want to celebrate on check in day. I will be at DS that morning but don't know how to keep the cake cold while waiting for our room if we go that route. Staying at AKL-Kidani.

I think it will be much easier just to have the Mickey head cake delivered exactly when and where you want it.

I think it will be much easier just to have the Mickey head cake delivered exactly when and where you want it.
Is private dining always good at having cakes delivered on time? The other part of that is I don't know what time we will get our room. So I don't know what time to tell them.
I'm most concerned with which cake tastes better. I've read mixed reviews around about Disney's cakes so I wasn't sure how good the taste is of Mickey.

When you order the cake, you order it from Private Dining. So you could tell them to have it ready by X o'clock and that you will call them when you actually check in and want it.

I've never read a bad review of the Mickey head cake. Usually people rave about it.

Ordered cakes for our trip this month.
9/28 DS's 6th birthday to Chef Mickey's 6inch with chocolate and chocolate buttercream with dark chocolate mousse filling; Haunted Mansion with wallpaper and hitch hiking ghosts for $113
9/30 to Narcossee's mini-2 tier; white with white buttercream with a burgundy band around each tier and a buttercream rose on top (our 10th anniversary, replica of our wedding cake and a surprise for DH)

Excited to see them but a little unsure on the price for the Haunted Mansion cake...I started by emailing and they said $100 for a 8 inch and to call to order and on the phone he told me $113 for a 6 inch. Not a huge deal as we will be at Chef Mickey's so there will be plenty of dessert choices but kind of threw me off with a smaller cake for more money...

Ordered cakes for our trip this month.
9/28 DS's 6th birthday to Chef Mickey's 6inch with chocolate and chocolate buttercream with dark chocolate mousse filling; Haunted Mansion with wallpaper and hitch hiking ghosts for $113
9/30 to Narcossee's mini-2 tier; white with white buttercream with a burgundy band around each tier and a buttercream rose on top (our 10th anniversary, replica of our wedding cake and a surprise for DH)

Excited to see them but a little unsure on the price for the Haunted Mansion cake...I started by emailing and they said $100 for a 8 inch and to call to order and on the phone he told me $113 for a 6 inch. Not a huge deal as we will be at Chef Mickey's so there will be plenty of dessert choices but kind of threw me off with a smaller cake for more money...

That is odd with the cake price. I got a price of $105 for 8" Haunted Mansion cake from Beach Club private dining.

Does anyone have a pic of the prince cupcake they can do for CRT? That Snow White one is adorable! Thinking I may need to get a prince on to CRT for DS's surprise birthday breakfast (it is never too early for cupcakes).

Does anyone have a pic of the prince cupcake they can do for CRT? That Snow White one is adorable! Thinking I may need to get a prince on to CRT for DS's surprise birthday breakfast (it is never too early for cupcakes).
I will answer my own question in case anyone else is wondering:) (the magic kingdom cakes email was so quick on the response!)
So this is the CRT Prince cupcake for $8.50

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 206
This is the text from the email I received when I inquired about a Magic Kingdom cake on Sunday and I would consider this to be confirmation of the change:

Thank you for contacting Magic Kingdom Cakes! We have received your email and you will receive a response within 72 hours. We are in the office Monday- Saturday 8:30am - 4:30pm EST. We are out of the office all day Sunday and major US holidays.

Please note that all cake orders must be received 72 hours prior to your reservation date.

Cakes can be added on to existing reservations at table service restaurants in the Magic Kingdom, including Be Our Guest (dinner only), Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, Jungle Skipper Canteen, The Crystal Palace, The Plaza Restaurant, and Tony's Town Square through this mailbox.

***Beginning December 15, 2016, cakes will no longer be available at Magic Kingdom Restaurants. If your reservation is past this date, please contact us closer to your travel dates as we are currently in the process of re-imagining new offerings. Chocolate and vanilla 6-inch cakes will still be available to order at the podium upon check-in (please note these cakes cannot be personalized)***

We look forward to working with you to make your dining experience extra special!

Kindest Regards,

The Special Occasion Coordinator Team

MAGIC KINGDOM® Park

MagicKingdomCakes@disney.com

I got them to confirm this for me back in July. This is a reply I got to an email inquiry I sent to MagicKingdomCakes on the matter.

Good Afternoon Sandra,

Thank you for contacting Magic Kingdom Cakes! This is indeed true.

Beginning December 15, 2016, cakes will no longer be available at Magic Kingdom Restaurants. If your reservation is past this date, please contact us closer to your travel dates as we are currently in the process of re-imagining new offerings. Chocolate and vanilla 6-inch cakes will still be available to order at the podium upon check-in (please note these cakes cannot be personalized).

I hope this information if helpful and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

Have a Magical Day,

Amy Jackson

Special Events Coordinator

MAGIC KINGDOM® Park

wdw.magickingdomcakes@disney.com

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi everyone! So we got our cake yesterday. Unfortunately I was told that All Stars Sports could not deliver it to our room. So when we all went to eat at the food court I picked it up and walked it over to our table. Mom was so thrilled ! Almost made her cry ! The cake was not elaborate as I wanted it to be, maybe next time. It's a 6" vanilla buttercream with vanilla filling. It was delicious. Even with the minor headache, Disney for the win!!:earsboy:

View attachment 191565 View attachment 191563 View attachment 191564 Hi everyone! So we got our cake yesterday. Unfortunately I was told that All Stars Sports could not deliver it to our room. So when we all went to eat at the food court I picked it up and walked it over to our table. Mom was so thrilled ! Almost made her cry ! The cake was not elaborate as I wanted it to be, maybe next time. It's a 6" vanilla buttercream with vanilla filling. It was delicious. Even with the minor headache, Disney for the win!!:earsboy:

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out!

I would like to order a cupcake for my daughter at CRT too. Did you email :magickingdomcakes@disney.com or is there somewhere else I need to email/call?

Hi everyone. I'm posting embarrassingly late, but I finally hit my 10th message, so I think I can upload an image. Back in January I ordered a Star Wars themed cake at the Yacht Club for delivery at my husband's birthday breakfast (Captain's Grille). The ordering process was easy - a call to private dining explaining what I wanted and a return confirmation with pricing. We got a 6 inch yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. We're not fondant fans, so that was important. I also wanted lighting effects and that bumped the price a little. The whole thing was $124 before tax and I went down to breakfast a bit early (with the real "excuse" of getting coffee at Ale & Compass) to prepay. The pastry chef even came out to make sure we enjoyed everything! While it wasn't as "Star Warsy" as I thought, we were happy with it. I left a lot to them. All I asked for was the Jedi Mickey and the lights. The lights were a cool touch. The design probably would have been different if I left the lights out.

IMG_3373.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter