Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Disney make good carrot cake? I was thinking of ordering one for my husband and having it delivered to our room at the Poly. Has anyone tried it? Will it be the Grand Floridian bakery making it?

This trip will have 2 grand-children with birthdays, 1 on arrival day and 1 the day before. We're thinking about a dinner at the Boathouse, and they don't offer cakes. Are we allowed to bring in a cake from off-property? According to what I read on the 1st post, Disney won't deliver to the Boathouse, so I'm guessing we're on our own. Also, we would like to surprise the kids with the cake, but don't know how to go about that since we're all going to the dinner at the same time. Any ideas?

Thank you!

This trip will have 2 grand-children with birthdays, 1 on arrival day and 1 the day before. We're thinking about a dinner at the Boathouse, and they don't offer cakes. Are we allowed to bring in a cake from off-property? According to what I read on the 1st post, Disney won't deliver to the Boathouse, so I'm guessing we're on our own. Also, we would like to surprise the kids with the cake, but don't know how to go about that since we're all going to the dinner at the same time. Any ideas?

Thank you!

If you're staying on property, have you considered having a cake delivered to your room?

CBR doesn't make any of its cakes. They get cakes from BoardWalk Bakery. So you can get any type of custom cake that BoardWalk Bakery makes. Perhaps the person you spoke to was just looking at BWB's standard cake-ordering form, which only offers basic options. If you wanted something custom, the CBR contact would just need to send your details to BWB and get back to you with their response on price.

OMG thank you so much! That is great news, I'll call her again. I was really disappointed in the options she gave me, so I'm glad to hear this. Thanks again!

Has anyone had trouble placing their cake order? I have been calling to make the order with contemporary for almost two weeks with no call backs either. Getting worried about the time line now.

What number are you calling? The dedicated cake hotline at the Contemporary that's listed in Post #2? Try calling the main number for the resort and asking to speak with Private Dining. If it's a simple order, they can take it for you without needing to loop in the pastry team. Otherwise, explain that no one is calling you back when you leave a message on their cake hotline.

What number are you calling? The dedicated cake hotline at the Contemporary that's listed in Post #2? Try calling the main number for the resort and asking to speak with Private Dining. If it's a simple order, they can take it for you without needing to loop in the pastry team. Otherwise, explain that no one is calling you back when you leave a message on their cake hotline.
I'm calling the number chef Brian gave me in our emails. 407-824-2955 the cake is a fancy fondant themed cake.

I'm calling the number chef Brian gave me in our emails. 407-824-2955 the cake is a fancy fondant themed cake.

OK, so call the main number, ask for Private Dining, and place the order with them. Just tell them that you were corresponding with Chef Brian and he has all the details.

Am I reading the front page correctly that I can't get mini cakes delivered to an Epcot Restaurant. (Looking at Norway.) I was thinking this would be good because my kids didn't typically like the dessert sampler we have gotten there in the past.

Am I reading the front page correctly that I can't get mini cakes delivered to an Epcot Restaurant. (Looking at Norway.) I was thinking this would be good because my kids didn't typically like the dessert sampler we have gotten there in the past.

Epcot is a little confusing because different companies run many of the restaurants. Akershus is one of the restaurants run by Disney so you actually can get mini cakes there. You just need to call the Disney number for Epcot: 407-560-6395

No. That is the standard procedure for ordering a cake at the Contemporary: 1) Work with the pastry chef on your design via email, 2) Call Private Dining to place the order.

Hi everyone! Preparing for my first WDW trip since I was a little girl... may as well say it's my first trip because I'm sure so much has changed! Anyway, we will be celebrating a couple of birthdays while we're there- DS and MIL. If I call the Cake Hotline, can I speak to a real person or is everything automated? It's too early to order it (cake is needed for Oct 1) but I'd like to hear my options and plan accordingly. TIA! :)

The Cake Hotline just directs you to the number for the location where you want the cake. You either speak to a real person or leave a message that gets picked up by a real person. I have direct numbers in Post #2 of this thread to save button-pushing.

This thread was really helpful when I was figuring out how to order a cake, so I wanted to report back. I ordered a custom mini cake for a dinner at Be Our Guest last Sunday (8/14/16); I ordered it about two weeks before. It was a pretty simple cake and I've seen similar ones before, but I was very happy with it. It was a surprise for my boyfriend who loves Belle. It cost $50 + tax. Icing was all buttercream. It was white cake with chocolate filling. The mini cake was the perfect size - I wanted something small enough that we could eat the cake no problem + still pick desserts off of the dessert cart if boyfriend wanted too (he did). It worked out great!

Attachments

• 13995495_10100933034303647_3572743866868249185_o.jpg
    13995495_10100933034303647_3572743866868249185_o.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 187
for those who have had a custom cake delivered to a restaurant, would you say that the restaurant makes a "big deal" bringing a cake to the table? There's nothing we're celebrating besides being on vacation but we're not really into drawing attention to ourselves. I was so excited to order a beautiful cake that I didn't consider whether it would embarrass our group or not. I would appreciate some thoughts on this... TIA!

for those who have had a custom cake delivered to a restaurant, would you say that the restaurant makes a "big deal" bringing a cake to the table? There's nothing we're celebrating besides being on vacation but we're not really into drawing attention to ourselves. I was so excited to order a beautiful cake that I didn't consider whether it would embarrass our group or not. I would appreciate some thoughts on this... TIA!
We've had several delivered and have never felt that we've been put "on display." Our servers made a big deal out of them with US, but not to the other diners in the restaurant. Though we have had a gawker or two :)

We dined at the California Grill and had one cake delivered for my mom's birthday. The delivery was a surprise. Cali Grill had a card with some confetti on the table and she thought that was very nice and nothing else was coming. We finished dinner, and the cake was brought out afterward. Cali Grill did not embarrass her and yell surprise or have multiple people walk it over and sing or anything like that. Some guests did however see the cake walking over to our table, and actually walked up and asked if they could take pictures (it was a specialized cake).

Overall, we were not uncomfortable or anything. The restaurant did a great job and it went very smoothly. If you have something that looks very unique vs a traditional cake, other guests may want to take a peak :)

I dropped the ball on ordering a cake for our arrival next Friday. After getting a couple of cakes on previous trips delivered to restaurants and throwing out the leftovers (way too hot outside to keep), this time I will get it delivered to our resort room so we can enjoy it for a couple of days. I'm going to call on Monday, any chance I will be able to get a 6" vanilla cake with raspberry mousse and vanilla buttercream frosting with a Goofy beach theme delivered to the Yacht Club? Will get 8" if needed but really don't want a huge 10" cake for 5 of us.

Thanks!

image.jpeg image.jpeg
As a devotee of this thread- I thought I would share the 25 anniversary cake my husband ordered for me. We are at the Grand Floridian and he had it delivered to our room. I surprised him last year for our 24th with a haunted mansion themed cake. We have had great experiences so far with Pat in getting exactly what we were looking for to celebrate our special event. I am not one for a large amount of decorations and my husbands request was for simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter