Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh - I was just going to ask who you complained to - I want to write someone about our experience.
We just got back from our trip today so I haven't had a chance to complain to anyone yet. I plan on noting it when Disney has me take a survey about our experience. Again, DH and I are not one to complain because we were trying to look at the bigger picture, and the kids didn't know any different or expect anything, so they weren't disappointed not to get a cake. This was the only "negative" of our trip, in that we had planned something that was confirmed by Disney well in advance, but they never followed through on their end. I would be very upset, if it were a birthday cake for my child that they just forgot to make/deliver.

Need your help Lurkyloo:flower3:

I have ordered many fancy cakes along the years. I have read thru your posts but i can't seem to find any info on cakes delivered to Shula's at the Dolphin. Probably because it's not a Disney owned restaurant.

But my question is how can i go about ordering a fancy cake for our Christmas dinner:santa: at Shula's:confused3 If that doesn't work~~ We are also having dinner another nite at Morimoto's. And since it is fairly new i have no clue about that one either:scratchin:eek:

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

Liz:flower2:

Last edited:

I have ordered many fancy cakes along the years. I have read thru your posts but i can't seem to find any info on cakes delivered to Shula's at the Dolphin. Probably because it's not a Disney owned restaurant.

But my question is how can i go about ordering a fancy cake for our Christmas dinner:santa: at Shula's:confused3 If that doesn't work~~ We are also having dinner another nite at Morimoto's. And since it is fairly new i have no clue about that one either:scratchin:eek:

While I'm not @lurkyloo and I don't know about ordering a cake at Shula's I do have one option for you: ordering a cake from Boardwalk Bakery for pick up. You'll be able to bring it in to Shula's but they probably won't hold it for you, you'll most likely have keep it on the table, but you'll have a delicious cake for your Christmas dinner.

Thank you:flower1: I didn't realize they would let you bring in an outside cake. That's certainly and idea.

Liz:)

If

Swan/Dolphin make their own cakes. You call private dining to place the order. The flavors are more limited than Disney's, if you're one of the lucky ones who can get Disney to offer all the flavors they have available. If not, S/D has more flavors than Disney's basic flavors that they offer up first. It seems like they had 4 or 5 cake options & about the same or fewer fillings. (I posted the options they offered when I ordered DS's cake 3 years ago. I'll see if I can find that post, if Lurkyloo doesn't know the answer. Although, things may have changed since then.) They also couldn't do elaborate decorations at that time, but I'm not sure about now. If you're just looking for something Christmassy, that shouldn't be a problem. I will say the taste of the cake was much better than our experiences with Disney cakes.

Generally how many days will the leftover cake last if it's left in the resort fridge?

We nursed our Disney wedding cake for about 5 days. It got pretty stale by the end, but.... CAKE!!!

As @tarheelmjfan said, you can order directly from the Swan & Dolphin. All the info is in the first post of this thread under "How do I order a cake at the Swan or Dolphin?"

Thanks everyone for all your help:flower1: Lurky~~sorry i missed the post . I think i need stronger reading glasses:p

I'm sooo excited to be celebrating the Holidays at our happy place . Can't wait to call Shula's and see what they have to offer for fancy cakes. Hope i can get a chritmassy themed cake.

Liz:wave:

I apologize if this has been asked, but has anyone ordered a Duffy bear cake at the contemporary? DGS7 wants one for his bed Bday and he always celebrates at CM.

I feel like maybe I've seen a screenprinted one, but I'm sure it would be easy for them to turn the classic Mickey Cake into a Duffy cake!

mickeycake.jpg
Duffy%20Cake.jpg

i have ordered a cake to be delivered to Le Cellier for my husbands birthday in two weeks. after thinking about it a little more, I would rather have dessert at the restaurant (we are on the dining plan). we are staying at CBR. Does anyone know if I can cancel my cake order and have one delivered to my room instead? I really want one from Amorette's but from what I understand they do not deliver - we will not have a car :( Please help - TIA

i have ordered a cake to be delivered to Le Cellier for my husbands birthday in two weeks. after thinking about it a little more, I would rather have dessert at the restaurant (we are on the dining plan). we are staying at CBR. Does anyone know if I can cancel my cake order and have one delivered to my room instead? I really want one from Amorette's but from what I understand they do not deliver - we will not have a car :( Please help - TIA

I spoke to Dorothy at CBR a few weeks ago about having a cake delivered to our room. Here is her number: 407-934-3787

Ok. Making sure I have this straight. We're staying at OKW, will be eating at Olivia's. Celebrating our dd starting DCP two days later!! I call the number listed for Olivia's, and tell them what I want, and it comes from BW, right?
Now, to decide what I want!!

Do you have a picture from your cake at Jiko? Since we are staying at AKV kidani that sounds like a great option to get a cake there for the room. Still deciding what we wanna do.

I don't have my photos with me at the moment (we're traveling and I only have my tablet) BUT there are pictures (sorry they are so small) on my original post after our trip. It's in this thread on page 59, post #1165. I know you cannot see the size of the cake, but the 3 of us each had a piece after dinner, I think we had at least 3 more slices on another day, and there were still leftovers!

Just FYI if anyone is interested - I spoke to CBR today and was told they currently only offer the following: 2D/3D printed images on 8-inch or bigger cakes, or simple mini cakes in chocolate or vanilla with the Mickey dots. I'm kinda bummed, I've seen a few cute pirate-themed mini and 6-inch cakes and was hoping to order one - but apparently CBR can't do those.

EDITED TO ADD: lurkyloo has confirmed this is incorrect, so I'll hopefully get better info the next time I call!

Last edited:
Just FYI if anyone is interested - I spoke to CBR today and was told they currently only offer the following: 2D/3D printed images on 8-inch or bigger cakes, or simple mini cakes in chocolate or vanilla with the Mickey dots. I'm kinda bummed, I've seen a few cute pirate-themed mini and 6-inch cakes and was hoping to order one - but apparently CBR can't do those.

CBR doesn't make any of its cakes. They get cakes from BoardWalk Bakery. So you can get any type of custom cake that BoardWalk Bakery makes. Perhaps the person you spoke to was just looking at BWB's standard cake-ordering form, which only offers basic options. If you wanted something custom, the CBR contact would just need to send your details to BWB and get back to you with their response on price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter