*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Hello! We are planning to go in December 2016 but our dates are not final yet. We went last year the last week of December including New Year's Eve and had such an amazing time that we can't wait to do it again (so we are leaning more towards the same days).

first post I see, brings me some hope! we've been going back and forth on our dates, our dd2's birthday is the 27th so we'd love to spend her birthday at DW like we did with our oldest a couple of years ago but the crowds and horror stories intimidate me a little. we thought of going the week before and are currently leaning that way but are hesitant to set the dates just yet :scared:

Last edited:

So it looks like we're going to try to bump our trip up so that we're leaving 2-3 days earlier, so we'll be getting to WDW on the 13th or 14th which means we'll be spending my son's 5th birthday at MK!!!! I am so pumped that we'll be there for that and that we'll get to experience a little bit less busy crows for a few days, BUT all my planning and most of my ADRs are useless now as this changes our entire trip! Pretty please let me know if any of you will be cancelling any ADR's for the 13th-16th! Especially the 15th since it's my son's BDAY! AND any great ideas for a special birthday boy experience or things that we should definitely try to fit in that day, I'd love to hear!

So it looks like we're going to try to bump our trip up so that we're leaving 2-3 days earlier, so we'll be getting to WDW on the 13th or 14th which means we'll be spending my son's 5th birthday at MK!!!! I am so pumped that we'll be there for that and that we'll get to experience a little bit less busy crows for a few days, BUT all my planning and most of my ADRs are useless now as this changes our entire trip! Pretty please let me know if any of you will be cancelling any ADR's for the 13th-16th! Especially the 15th since it's my son's BDAY! AND any great ideas for a special birthday boy experience or things that we should definitely try to fit in that day, I'd love to hear!

I have stuff to cancel. I moved some of my ADRs around & offered some up that I didn't cancel yet. I think I have a Via Napoli which I must have made by accident & a whispering canyon that night. Both for parties of 4. Will either of those work for you? My nephews loved WC. They went in August & that was their favorite. I was trying to figure out how to keep it but it just doesn't fit right. I have an Ohana breakfast on the 13th that no one has claimed from me yet. & I have a Sci-Fi ADR for the 14th that I'm now getting rid of.

I've read a few posts from people that called & were able to switch their party nights.

So decided today that I am definitely upgrading to an AP when we go! For sure will get the 2 trips out of it (maybe squeeze in one more!)! Now to decide if I want to take off our dining plan (paying out of pocket for it) or keep it. The new AP discounts look awesome!
We're excited about the AP discounts too. I'm happy that we can get 20% off at some counter service locations. :)

@Brisbanemum how did you make out?

I got everything we were after! One very happy family here!!! :) Not once did I see a FP+ unavailable for any of the days in our first stay (all 13 days worth... 11/30 - 12/12), so it was not as bad as I had anticipated. Now I just need to wait another couple of weeks before we can book our next FP+ selections for our 14 day reservation starting on the 16th.

Good luck everyone :D

I got everything we were after! One very happy family here!!! :) Not once did I see a FP+ unavailable for any of the days in our first stay (all 13 days worth... 11/30 - 12/12), so it was not as bad as I had anticipated. Now I just need to wait another couple of weeks before we can book our next FP+ selections for our 14 day reservation starting on the 16th.

Good luck everyone :D

Congrats!

I remember someone here wanting a better time to homecoming kitchen ADRs. Just saw that they have plenty of times available between 6 and 9pm now.

That was me. Thanks for the heads up! I went to check for the date we wanted, and I can switch it to 5:55, but that's a little later than we wanted. We decided to keep our 4:55 time...If only I could find that magical 5:20 or 5:30 sweet spot, just to give us a few more minutes of wiggle room for travel time. We'll make it work, though!

Splash mountain in december? Is it too cold? Do you take extra clothes...wear a poncho? Trying to figure out how to fit this into our touring plans because I know my 5 year old is going to want to ride it. We will be going back for an afternoon break, should we just do it right before the break?

What's everyone strategy for fast passes? What are you going for first? And what time can you start? 7am ET?

Yes, you can start your FP selections at 7am EST. The strategy or booking them should be to get any FEA FPs first, then 7DMT, then maybe your party night if you are going to a MVMCP and want to get 2 or 3 FPs in from the 4-7pm timeframe (FP times need to be 3:30-6:30pm and no later than 6:30), then you can just work through your days. AK is generally the easiest and could be saved for last. Book whatever is closest to the time you want, then go back after you've completed all FPs and modify each and you will likely get better time slots offered.

Oh and have a backup plan for FEA in case you cannot get the time you want. Maybe even for 7DMT too. Because you don't want to be spending time figuring it out during FP booking.

Our first park day is Dec 11th. So... Our 60 day FP day is Oct 12th ( I hope ). I'm assuming it is at 7AM Eastern. Since I'm in Central, I will need to do it at 6AM, right?
I know what FP's I want to get for each day, my dilemma is getting the times right. I don't want to be jumping from one side of the park to the other for them. I would like a smooth flow for the day. Do any of you consider that in your FP's selection times? Also, I have 3 families going that are linked to my MDE. I am hoping to make the FP reservations for all of them at the same time. Will it let me? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter