*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Never eaten at TH, but we have eaten at Y&Y. I'm a bit of a picky eater, and I didn't really enjoy Y&Y. It was dark, felt like it was cheaply decorated. I think the real difficulty is that it's Asian cuisine, so if you go in ordering say pan fried dumplings, you can't expect them to taste like the pan fried dumplings you'd get from your local Chinese take-out place.

I'll be trying out TH come January though, so here's to hoping it's great!

My hubby is picky. He's the one that picked Y&Y originally and after reading your comment I'm glad we're switching to TH. I have a feeling he wouldn't like Y&Y. If he really wants to try it, he can get something for lunch/dinner at the QS.

See you on party night- are you doing the dessert party? My pic is in avatar. Will be with DD24 also - oh and DH

We aren't doing the dessert party but hopefully I see you at the party. I'll be the one stuffing my face with all the yummy foods. :dogdance:

Mine too! We have 13 + an infant going and we are making daily shirts for 6 park days.....78 shirts!!!!!!!

You're going to need a vacation after you're all done making tshirts. You need to show us when you're all done!

I'm so excited for my trip in December as well!
We'll be offsite from the 6th to the 10th. Then the 10th to the 13th we'll be as Yacht Club.
It will be me (23), mom (59), nephew (12) and niece (9).

We'll be exchanging our certificates for our APs! And we'll be doing MVMCP on the 11th.
This will be my neice and nephew's first visit, and my first holiday party!
Me and my mom did Pirates and Princess probably 10 years ago and that was great!

My hubby is picky. He's the one that picked Y&Y originally and after reading your comment I'm glad we're switching to TH. I have a feeling he wouldn't like Y&Y. If he really wants to try it, he can get something for lunch/dinner at the QS.

I've heard nothing but great things about TH. Plus, it's a buffet so there will surely be something that suits everyone! Good luck and let me know how it is!

You're going to need a vacation after you're all done making tshirts. You need to show us when you're all done!
Yes, a vacation before vacation! :) I have a feeling we will be working on them the day we leave!

And we'll be doing MVMCP on the 11th.
We will be there on the 11th too for MVMCP & DS's 14th Surprise Bday!

So. Many. Shirts!

That's like a full time job!!

Glad to be in the crazy club with you :grouphug:
I have a feeling the closer to our date, the crazier this club is going to be. :)

Never eaten at TH, but we have eaten at Y&Y. I'm a bit of a picky eater, and I didn't really enjoy Y&Y. It was dark, felt like it was cheaply decorated.

Hmm, I can't say TH is winning any design awards either. Both are pretty neck and neck for overall reviews. That being said, one's a buffet, and one is not. One is a character meal, one is not. I'd think those would be the major factors as to determine which makes a better choice for someone. Me, I prefer Y&Y because of the better food.

I think the real difficulty is that it's Asian cuisine, so if you go in ordering say pan fried dumplings, you can't expect them to taste like the pan fried dumplings you'd get from your local Chinese take-out place.

I'm not really sure what this means. Honestly, I don't want my sit-down Disney food to taste like standard Chinese takeout.

I have A trip booked for December 8-14! Splitting our stay between Caribbean Beach and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Heading to MVMCP on the 13. I've been a few times before, but I'm travelling with my 2 best friends who have never been to any Disney parks so I can't wait! It's always so fun to go with people who have never been before :)

Hmm, I can't say TH is winning any design awards either. Both are pretty neck and neck for overall reviews. That being said, one's a buffet, and one is not. One is a character meal, one is not. I'd think those would be the major factors as to determine which makes a better choice for someone. Me, I prefer Y&Y because of the better food.

I'm not really sure what this means. Honestly, I don't want my sit-down Disney food to taste like standard Chinese takeout.

Let me try to explain better. If you're going out to a Chinese restaurant, most likely you'll go for your favorite meal. I don't know too many people who will be super adventurous when the bill is that pricey. My go to is always pan-fried dumplings and lo mein. I'm used to my favorite take-out place. They prepare it just right. When I go to Y&Y, I might order the same thing, but it doesn't taste /as/ good as it would from my favorite take-out place. Kind of like how everyone has a different opinion on who makes the best pizza.

To me, Asian food, especially Chinese food is really hit or miss as far as the preparation goes, and everyone likes it a different way. I guess that's all I'm trying to say.

Who: Me, DH, Father, Stepmother, Older sister and her family, step sister and brother and their families.
What: Parents 60th Birthday Family Celebration
Where: WDW, Staying at the Art of Animation Resort
When: November 30-December 4, 2016

I have A trip booked for December 8-14! Splitting our stay between Caribbean Beach and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Heading to MVMCP on the 13. I've been a few times before, but I'm travelling with my 2 best friends who have never been to any Disney parks so I can't wait! It's always so fun to go with people who have never been before :)

Oh, I bet it will be such an awesome experience to go with your two first-timer friends!!

Who: Me, DH, Father, Stepmother, Older sister and her family, step sister and brother and their families.
What: Parents 60th Birthday Family Celebration
Where: WDW, Staying at the Art of Animation Resort
When: November 30-December 4, 2016

I can't think of a better place to celebrate!

:welcome: to both of you!!

I'm so excited for my trip in December as well!
We'll be offsite from the 6th to the 10th. Then the 10th to the 13th we'll be as Yacht Club.
It will be me (23), mom (59), nephew (12) and niece (9).

We'll be exchanging our certificates for our APs! And we'll be doing MVMCP on the 11th.
This will be my neice and nephew's first visit, and my first holiday party!
Me and my mom did Pirates and Princess probably 10 years ago and that was great!

We will be at the YC for the first time but will just miss you as we fly back home on the 11th.

So DH and I were driving around tonight waiting for the littles to get done with church and I started to talk to him about me upgrading my tickets this December to an AP since we are going to be buying memory maker for this trip and also for the next trip next November (2 trips in a year!). I jokingly said that maybe we could squeeze in another trip just us two this summer, and he just looked at me and said "Should we just look into getting DVC when you are done with school?" I about jumped out of my skin! He was actually serious! So now to finish my schooling in the next 2 1/2 years and take some DVC tours and decide what one we would like to buy into! Love that I have turned my non Disney husband into a supportive Disney Husband of a crazy Disney Wife!

So DH and I were driving around tonight waiting for the littles to get done with church and I started to talk to him about me upgrading my tickets this December to an AP since we are going to be buying memory maker for this trip and also for the next trip next November (2 trips in a year!). I jokingly said that maybe we could squeeze in another trip just us two this summer, and he just looked at me and said "Should we just look into getting DVC when you are done with school?" I about jumped out of my skin! He was actually serious! So now to finish my schooling in the next 2 1/2 years and take some DVC tours and decide what one we would like to buy into! Love that I have turned my non Disney husband into a supportive Disney Husband of a crazy Disney Wife!

Nice! Can you give me the secret so I can turn my DW into the same supportive of a crazy DH? :sad2:

Nice! Can you give me the secret so I can turn my DW into the same supportive of a crazy DH? :sad2:

Not even sure how I did it! He likes more of a relaxing trip so I wasn't sure if he was ever going to like Disney, but our trip this past summer we got a cash reservation at BWV in a deluxe studio. I do have to say that it was a really relaxing resort with awesome amenities! As a family of 5 we were worried about a studio being too small, but it was great and everyone had their own space and the balcony was awesome. Our room faced the Swan and Dolphin and we got to see the high Star Wars fireworks and the walk to Epcot was awesome! I think that being able to do that and also have fun in the parks and take our time really helped!

Not even sure how I did it! He likes more of a relaxing trip so I wasn't sure if he was ever going to like Disney, but our trip this past summer we got a cash reservation at BWV in a deluxe studio. I do have to say that it was a really relaxing resort with awesome amenities! As a family of 5 we were worried about a studio being too small, but it was great and everyone had their own space and the balcony was awesome. Our room faced the Swan and Dolphin and we got to see the high Star Wars fireworks and the walk to Epcot was awesome! I think that being able to do that and also have fun in the parks and take our time really helped!

My DW likes more of the relaxing trips too. My DS and I are going for a weekend in December. She wanted to take some time off from Disney. I was surprised that she agreed to let us travel without her. I know it's bothering her that we'll be far away from her. We're staying at the Swan fro the weekend. That's my favorite location. Plus I'm using my Starpoints with Sheraton so theirs no cost for the room. Maybe I need to take that approach of slowing down and taking our time in the parks instead of trying to get everything in. I'm a planner, and make sure we have the entire tripped worked out. I usually try to schedule a non-park day to give us some time off.

My DW likes more of the relaxing trips too. My DS and I are going for a weekend in December. She wanted to take some time off from Disney. I was surprised that she agreed to let us travel without her. I know it's bothering her that we'll be far away from her. We're staying at the Swan fro the weekend. That's my favorite location. Plus I'm using my Starpoints with Sheraton so theirs no cost for the room. Maybe I need to take that approach of slowing down and taking our time in the parks instead of trying to get everything in. I'm a planner, and make sure we have the entire tripped worked out. I usually try to schedule a non-park day to give us some time off.[/QUOTE

I am a major planner too, but we went into this trip with a touring plan, but also the idea that we (well me and the kids at least) are in LOVE with Disney and will be coming back, so if we didn't get a chance to do it we would be back soon. I think that helped a lot especially since it was July and hot. We did a lot in the parks, ate a lot of food (we flew for the first time and didn't want to pay for checked bags so not a whole lot of stuff could come back with us), but also took breaks in the day and enjoyed ourselves. We really fell in love with the Boardwalk area and even spent one evening at the resort and had boardwalk food for dinner and ice cream for desert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter