**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

Hey everyone! Well our 5-day trip to WDW was a lot of fun but I was super miserable the first 2 days because it was soooooo cold. So I guess I will give my single mother brief report.

It was cold. Checked in no problem. Room was nice at CBR. Day 2. The housekeeper walked in on us before we left and had an attitude that we were still there. My dd rode on EVERYTHING! We got to ride SM 3 times in a row because it was cold nobody wanted to ride. RRC was closed. Star Tours was closed. We did the GREEN team for Mission Space and actually wasn't too far off from what I remember but without the nausea. DD whined and cried for me to buy all kinds of nonsense. I hate how you have to walk through a store after a ride. Her favorite was Everest. The highlight was the character birthday breakfast at Cape May Cafe. It was fantastic!! There were a few rude guests there and being who I am had no problem telling people they cannot use their strollers as battering rams (one guy actually tripped dd with his to get in front of us for Soarin). I cursed him out and got a round of applause from others. Also while waiting for the Safari I had to remind the woman behind us to cover her mouth when she coughed. I love WDW but somehow being there somehow makes people forget common courtesy and manners.

Anyhoo, overall had a great time! Now, on to West Palm Beach for a week and looking for the April 2011 Countdown thread. Happy Holidays all!!

As I'm sure many of you know by now that Disney is now letting you book dining packages online. Well being that this was the first trip that we made any ADRs I just thought if you booked a reservation online for one of the restaurants participating that you automatically got the package, although I guess I did find it odd that it said nothing about the package (fantasmic or candlelight processional) when I made them. So now I'm a little disappointed and considered getting rid of 2 of my 4 ADRs since the main reason I made them was for seating for the two shows, but I think we will keep them since we have never eaten at any of the restaurants we have ADRs for when we were there our first time in 2003.

Not many people left posting... guess that means they are all at WDW dealing with the cold. So happy to see that the weather forecast is improving a tad for this week with some predictions of highs in the 70s! In about 8 hours we will be boarding the plane for what looks to be a flight in fine weather. In 24 hours will be wrapping up MVMCP after dinner at Chef Mickey's. I am still hoping to find a magical bounceback offer at ASMusic when we check in tomorrow afternoon.
Mickey, here we come.

It does seem pretty quiet around here! :) Counting today, three more for us! I hope that forecast holds and it's a bit warmer this week! Still probably not packing shorts - I think. Capris and pants for me (layers will be the order of the day). I went to the mall yesterday in between DD's basketball games at her tournament (we were down by Holyoke) and spent way too much, cutting into Disney money - argh!!!! It wasn't overly crowded with Christmas shoppers which was nice. Just got to get through 2 more days of teaching - then outta here!!! :goodvibes

We drove thrugh the night-good weather so far making good time. Should be in downtown Disney by afternoon! (=

It does seem pretty quiet around here! :) Counting today, three more for us! I hope that forecast holds and it's a bit warmer this week! Still probably not packing shorts - I think. Capris and pants for me (layers will be the order of the day). I went to the mall yesterday in between DD's basketball games at her tournament (we were down by Holyoke) and spent way too much, cutting into Disney money - argh!!!! It wasn't overly crowded with Christmas shoppers which was nice. Just got to get through 2 more days of teaching - then outta here!!! :goodvibes

4 days for us!! :santa: I got us all packed last night and the suitcase is sitting by the front door :banana:. We just have to figure out what second peice of luggage we want to take for souvenirs. The suitcase is packed to capacity with different layers of clothes. Its a good thing we are wearing our jackets onto the plane cause they wouldn't fit in the suitcase, :lmao:.

Hi all- We are finally back and recovering. It was soooo cold! Both Glen and I are sick. He is running a high fever, so just beware of touching anything while at the world. We were constantly washed hands and tried not to touch anything because people were sneezing and hacking left and right.

So we had tons of fun and no problems til our last day. We went to use the rest of our snack credits in Caramel Kitchen, and our cards were locked. Still showed 17 credits, but the computer would not let them go through. We dealt with a great manager there and she took care of everything for us.

We met up with Poppygirl and also Tinkermom and my future daughter in law. :lovestruck . DSS Ethan is smitten with Tinkermoms oldest daughter.

We have a ton of great photos on our camera and still have to go through all of our photopass pictures.

Have a great time to all those leaving soon and welcome back to all of us who have just recently gotten back.

Hi everyone!

We're back!!! ..and, despite the cold weather in both NYC and WDW - we had the most amazing time!! feeling very festive and ready for Christmas now.. the USA does Christmas and holiday decorations soo much better than here ;)

We also had serious delays on the flight home yesterday due to snow in England.. our plane got diverted because the airport closed.. took 8 hours from landing to get home! Chaos... Virgin Atlantic will be getting a strongly worded letter from us about it :surfweb: lol

Spent today doing laundry, opening mail, eating advent chocolates & looking at photopass photos! :wizard:

6 months 1 day til next WDW vacation.. that's helping with the Post-Disney-Blues!

Happy Holidays to all, looking forward to reading the TRs soon :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

We're back, but I'm very sick. Seems like we get sick every trip! Poor DH had food poisioning from the Mara and lost 2 days of the trip. I caught a TERRIBLE cold. I am so sick today that I am going to the doctor tomorrow. We used gallons of hand sanitizer but it is hard to avoid people coughing on you. We were in line for Toy Story for 80 minutes and the lady behind me coughed on me the entire time. 2 days later I started to get sick. It put a damper on the trip, but we still had a great time. I just hope it doesn't ruin Christmas. If I don't get better quick I can't spend Christmas with my mom. Her immune system is still messed up from the chemo., so I can't expose her to this. :guilty:

We got back late Friday night and I was coughing all the way home. :sick:Saturday, I woke up with a stuffy nose and scratchy throat but so far those are the only symptoms I have. DH feels fine.:goodvibes

I can't believe we got away with a whole week at Disney and my family still doesn't realize we left!:confused3 We had the home phone forwarded to DH's cell phone, so we did answer the "house phone" a couple of times and chose to ignore the rest.

I plan to do a small trip report, but I can't start it now cuz I have my Nephew staying with us for a few days and I can't do it in front of him.:rolleyes1

We did get a chance to meet up with a few Dissers during the second MVMCP. It was great meeting you all and being able to put faces to the names.:grouphug:

I can't wait to start planning my next Disney fix in 2012. I'm taking Nephew on a cruise for his graduation but will surprise him with two days in the parks as well.:banana:

Safe travels to those who haven't left yet!:goodvibes

Oh no! Sorry to hear about you guys getting sick! :(
It seems like everyone's getting sick in the world right now! I hope we manage to tay healthy. I've been sick at WDW and it's no fun!

DD & I were congested and coughing during our 1st few days at the world. It was not fun. I made sure we medicated ourselves when we woke up and before we went to bed and we carried cough drops around. What made it worse was the weather! We were FRE-FRE-FRE-FREEZING!!!!!!! The cold weather made us really tired. I think we used up all of our energy by shivering.

3 days!!

Today will be spent getting the rest of the house in order. Tuesday is our TV night (only night of the week I watch tv at all :lmao:). Then Wednesday Lizzy goes to the Pethotel and we get last minute things in order. Neighbor is taking us to the airport at 5am on Thursday. I have no idea how much of a nightmare its going to be at DFW. So the earlier I get there the better. Our flight doesn't take off til around 8.

Welcome back everyone and i know many are enjoying their holiday adventure now!

here is my TR i started today- i'll be updating a lot more this week as it gets quiet at work! :rotfl:

MICHELLE'S TRIP REPORT!

bookmark it, read it, love it. ;):lmao::rotfl2:

Hi all- We are finally back and recovering. It was soooo cold! Both Glen and I are sick. He is running a high fever, so just beware of touching anything while at the world. We were constantly washed hands and tried not to touch anything because people were sneezing and hacking left and right.

So we had tons of fun and no problems til our last day. We went to use the rest of our snack credits in Caramel Kitchen, and our cards were locked. Still showed 17 credits, but the computer would not let them go through. We dealt with a great manager there and she took care of everything for us.

We met up with Poppygirl and also Tinkermom and my future daughter in law. :lovestruck . DSS Ethan is smitten with Tinkermoms oldest daughter.

We have a ton of great photos on our camera and still have to go through all of our photopass pictures.

Have a great time to all those leaving soon and welcome back to all of us who have just recently gotten back.
so glad you guys got to meet up!!! so fun! sorry about the credits issue, but sounds like they got it fixed? are you doing a trip report? hope you recover soon!

Hi everyone!

We're back!!! ..and, despite the cold weather in both NYC and WDW - we had the most amazing time!! feeling very festive and ready for Christmas now.. the USA does Christmas and holiday decorations soo much better than here ;)

We also had serious delays on the flight home yesterday due to snow in England.. our plane got diverted because the airport closed.. took 8 hours from landing to get home! Chaos... Virgin Atlantic will be getting a strongly worded letter from us about it :surfweb: lol

Spent today doing laundry, opening mail, eating advent chocolates & looking at photopass photos! :wizard:

6 months 1 day til next WDW vacation.. that's helping with the Post-Disney-Blues!

Happy Holidays to all, looking forward to reading the TRs soon :goodvibes

Emma princess: x
welcome back Emma, sorry to hear about the delays back home. so you are doing a TR, right? I can't wait to read all about it, including the NYC part too! welcome home!

We're back, but I'm very sick. Seems like we get sick every trip! Poor DH had food poisioning from the Mara and lost 2 days of the trip. I caught a TERRIBLE cold. I am so sick today that I am going to the doctor tomorrow. We used gallons of hand sanitizer but it is hard to avoid people coughing on you. We were in line for Toy Story for 80 minutes and the lady behind me coughed on me the entire time. 2 days later I started to get sick. It put a damper on the trip, but we still had a great time. I just hope it doesn't ruin Christmas. If I don't get better quick I can't spend Christmas with my mom. Her immune system is still messed up from the chemo., so I can't expose her to this. :guilty:
so sorry you guys got sick too- i hear lots of folks coming back now have caught it. sending prayers and thoughts for your mom!

We got back late Friday night and I was coughing all the way home. :sick:Saturday, I woke up with a stuffy nose and scratchy throat but so far those are the only symptoms I have. DH feels fine.:goodvibes

I can't believe we got away with a whole week at Disney and my family still doesn't realize we left!:confused3 We had the home phone forwarded to DH's cell phone, so we did answer the "house phone" a couple of times and chose to ignore the rest.

I plan to do a small trip report, but I can't start it now cuz I have my Nephew staying with us for a few days and I can't do it in front of him.:rolleyes1

We did get a chance to meet up with a few Dissers during the second MVMCP. It was great meeting you all and being able to put faces to the names.:grouphug:

I can't wait to start planning my next Disney fix in 2012. I'm taking Nephew on a cruise for his graduation but will surprise him with two days in the parks as well.:banana:

Safe travels to those who haven't left yet!:goodvibes
welcome back!!!!!

3 days!!

Today will be spent getting the rest of the house in order. Tuesday is our TV night (only night of the week I watch tv at all :lmao:). Then Wednesday Lizzy goes to the Pethotel and we get last minute things in order. Neighbor is taking us to the airport at 5am on Thursday. I have no idea how much of a nightmare its going to be at DFW. So the earlier I get there the better. Our flight doesn't take off til around 8.
so excited for you!!! you guys will have a blast! so what's your plan for christmas eve/day for the parks?

Last day)
We decided to spend it at the Magic Kingdom. We 1st take the train ride all around the park. Then when we get back to Main Street, we go in and out of the shops to see if we missed anything. From there we head to Fantasy Land to take in the staples such as Snow White, Tea Cups and, of course, Small World. We finish up at the Jungle Cruise (always a pleaser). We had to leave cuz we had to catch our plane back to Boston. But something happened on the way out of the park that my girlfriend is no longer my girlfriend. She is now my fiance'. I proposed to her, right in front of the castle while the photo pass guy was shooting away.

So... as you can see, it was a fun and eventful vacation.

Merry Christmas!
HUGE congrats to you! you need to post up pics!!!:goodvibes:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter