OFFICIAL D23 Membership available for all Disney fans--Will you join too? UPDATE

I'm going to join D23 and I noticed you can put in a referring member's name. If someone wants the referral post here first (so I don't get a bunch of PM's! LOL) and then send me your info. It needs referring member name and city of residence.

I'm going to join D23 and I noticed you can put in a l
referring member's name. If someone wants the referral post here first (so I don't get a bunch of PM's! LOL) and then send me your info. It needs referring member name and city of residence.

You can use me as a referral if you like. I'd appreciate it.

Leslie

Anyone know if once I sign up online, if they email my member number to me so that I can possibly attend a D23 event in NYC?

I received my renewal package last week. It had my new member card, the watch and the spring issue of D23 magazine. Mine didn't have the luggage tag with it. Was it in the sealed bag with the magazine or was it separate?
I still haven't received the pin for renewing early.

The luggage tag is in a little bag, but it wasn't inside the magazine bag. If you didn't get it, call the guest services # from the DisneyStore.com web page, and I'm sure they can send you one. They did that when I didn't get the insert once.

Anyone else going to the Bambi screening in Chicago on Monday?

I just joined D23 tonight! I probably shouldn't have because I can't really afford it right now, but I've wanted to for a while and well... I did! :yay:
And even more, I'm really considering the scavenger hunt in May. It sounds like so much fun!

The free D23 Expo holographic baggage tag was a free gift for D23 members that was included in the Spring edition of the Disney Twenty Three magazine. So, if the magazine was mailed to your house, it should have had the free bag tag in it.

I have not received my notice to renew yet. Last year I was encouraged to renew early and receive an exclusive pin for doing so. I did renew early and was mailed the pin seperately. It was a very large, nice Tinkerbell pin. I was hoping they would do something similar this year, but I have not heard about that yet.

I am still wondering why they sent me the D23 watch when I have not renewed my membership yet. And when I do...will I wind up getting another watch?

Also, has anyone heard ANYTHING about the Destination D event at Walt Disney World in May. They released the dates for the event, but nothing since then. I would love to know how much it will cost and when tickets go on sale. It's just a little over three months away now and I would like to do a little planning if I get to go...but I can't know that I will for sure get tickets since things tend to sell out so fast on the D23 web site.

Anyway, just thought I would ask if anyone has heard anything.

Eric

I didn't get the spring magazine or the watch or the luggage tag yet. Some people got them early in February and others are still waiting. I wonder if I should reach out to D23?

I didn't get the spring magazine or the watch or the luggage tag yet. Some people got them early in February and others are still waiting. I wonder if I should reach out to D23?

Just wanted to follow up - I did email D23 and received the following response:

Dear D23 Guest,

Thank you for your email and the opportunity to assist!

I am so sorry to hear about the concerns you have had with your D23
order and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Upon
reviewing your concern, I am happy to inform you, I have issued a
replacement for the D23 2011 Spring Issue and the free gift (lugggage
tags).

The watch is a free gift for a 2011 renewal. You wil receive the watch
if you renew in 2011.

I hope this will resolve the issue to your satisfaction. Please feel
free to let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

I was pleased to assist you today and hope you will continue to shop
with us at DisneyStore.com.

If anyone else has not received their issue, you may want to contact D23.

Is anyone heading over to Destination D this spring?

Ugh...so dissapointed that I am unable to go to the Destination D event in May at WDW. I couldn't get the right time off from work to be able to go. It pains me to still see the event has tickets available. I WOULD LOVE TO GO...but I can't.

I hope they continue to have more events at WDW in the future...If I can go I will go.

Has anyone received any communication from D23 reminding them to renew? Last year I know I got an e-mail message about it...and I think I got a postcard, but I am not sure. Anyway, I have not gotten any reminders yet, though it is probably still early for that.

Thanks.

Eric

Has anyone received any communication from D23 reminding them to renew? Last year I know I got an e-mail message about it...and I think I got a postcard, but I am not sure. Anyway, I have not gotten any reminders yet, though it is probably still early for that.

Thanks.

Eric

My membership renews in March and I received a renewal notice in early January. I renewed around the 3rd week of Jan. but didn't receive my membership kit until March 8th. I was supposed to recieve a special pin if I renewed by the end of Jan. but I haven't received it yet. I doubt I'll be renewing in 2012.

Well, I renewed again in early May. I am a charter year memeber so this is my second time renewing. I have yet to get anything from D23 yet, except for an e-mail message last week telling me that the welcome kit has shipped. So, I assume it will be here soon.

I am seriously considering going to this year's D23 Expo in California. Anyone else thinking about it? Anyone have any advice or recomendations from attending the first Expo back in 2009? I would like to hear if you are thinking of going and where I should be looking for a hotel.

Thanks!

Eric

Well, we decided not to go out to California for the D23 Expo. It was just a little out of our budget. We were planning on staying about 6 days (3 for the Expo and 3 to visit the parks). Between tickets for the Expo, park tickets, hotel, rental car (or taxi cabs), food and then working the airfare...it was getting to be an excessive amount of money.

So, we booked a trip down to WDW over that same time. We are going to stay 9 days. We have annual passes and got an interline discount on the hotel room so we are saving gobs of money compared to going out to California.

I received my summer issue of D23 after renewing, but am still awaiting my renewal gift...they said it would take 6-8 weeks for it to arrive.

Eric

I joined in December of 2010 and I am enjoying it very much so far. I have bought all the back issues of the Twenty-Three Magazine but I am having a very hard time finding the December 2009 Princess and the Frog issue. They are sold out online and I've checking ebay, but no luck. If anyone has an extra copy and would like to sell it, please send me a message, Thanks, Nick

I finally got my renewal gift a couple of weeks ago. It's a hard cover bound journal featuring the character sketches of some Disney characters that they first used when the club started. It's a very nice journal...I don't journal much of anything at this point it my life, but it's still nice.

The fall issue of D23 magazine reached my house yesterday. The whole magazine (as near as I could tell) is devoted to the 40th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. I have not started reading it yet, but I certainly look foreward to it. It appears packed with WDW information. I would say that if you are a WDW fan but not a D23 member that you might want to go out and the D23 magazine in the bookstore...it's that nice.

D23 members got one of a series of Walt Disney World patches. I forget all the different ones there are (I recall that Adventure Land had three different patches). The one I got was Liberty Square. I would have preferred the simple Walt Disney Wolrd patch with Mickey on it of course.

So, what did everybody else get for patches in this last issue?

Eric

Ooooohhh, I can't wait to get the fall issue and the patch:thumbsup2

The fall issue of D23 magazine reached my house yesterday. The whole magazine (as near as I could tell) is devoted to the 40th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. I have not started reading it yet, but I certainly look foreward to it. It appears packed with WDW information. I would say that if you are a WDW fan but not a D23 member that you might want to go out and the D23 magazine in the bookstore...it's that nice.

D23 members got one of a series of Walt Disney World patches. I forget all the different ones there are (I recall that Adventure Land had three different patches). The one I got was Liberty Square. I would have preferred the simple Walt Disney Wolrd patch with Mickey on it of course.

So, what did everybody else get for patches in this last issue?

Eric

The articles inside are brilliant(as always) and have some great pictures.
I got the Fantasyland patch(the one with Mickey and the Castle).

Finally got my issue:banana: Read it cover to cover as always:thumbsup2
I got the Main St patch:woohoo:

I have received the Country Bears/Frontierland....not a big fan of the Country Bears..... Love Frontierland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter