• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL D23 Membership available for all Disney fans--Will you join too? UPDATE

PrincessMonkey

Disney Princess
You can read the newly released website here:
http://d23.disney.go.com/

Three cheers for D23!

I just purchased my D23 membership. I am so excited! To be honest, I am even a little teary-eyed from the emotion of being a "Charter Member" of this club.

The total cost of membership on DisneyShopping.go.com with sales tax was $82. Among the benefits, this price includes an official membership certificate, membership card, discounts to the Disney Expo (think, Disney Comic-Con) as well as a 1-year subscription to the quarterly magazine that "provides a stunning, inside look at the world of Disney worlds."

ARCHIVED UPDATE from 3/16/09:
A week has passed since we learned the official answer to "Are you 23?" from Disney. I just read through the posts, and I respect everyone's decision about whether or not D23 is right for you at this time. The economy around the world could certainly stand to be better before some of us will decide to pay for a new membership; some of us aren't even paying to eat out at restaurants or to opt for our cable bills anymore. I understand. Of course, we will always have the DIS.

With that said, D23 is here, and I did collect the DIS names of our D23 members from this thread. The following is an incomplete list of DISboard members who have decided to join D23 this year:

This list was updated on 1/10/2010.
2009 - Charter Year Members
05MM08MM
5forDiz
5kwallace
Alicnwondrln
AliceinHalloweentown
allisophie
Anna114
AStamm
athenna
aurora23
black562
Brian_WDW74
broberts
CAJUNWDWFAN
CathrynRose
cckovach
Cheshire Figment
chicagoshannon
Chip's My Hero
Chkultr
CdnKayDee
connie1042
cpdwiz
crazy4wdw
CynthiaC925
DaisyLuvr
DisGal520
Disne
DisneyCruisin'
Disneydonnam
disneyfan21
Disneyfn420
disneykris2001
DisneyMagicMommy
disneymom8589
DisneySunflower
dizneeat
Donald_Quackers
DoOverDreams
drakes
EAWildman
Floydian
gary403
Geeg
gingermouse17
glo
grace&philipsmom
HockeyMomNH
iluvuwdw
ireland_nicole
ImTooExcitedToSleep
JDGOtter
jernysgirl
JenniBarra
JessRabbit
jewelsangel
jmetz1028
JMlovesJB
Jupiter&Wolfe
*KeepMovingForward*
KennySC
KimDis
kimysbug
KSDisneyDad
letthewookiewin
Lilmattie13
LindaOwl1
Luv2Camp
luvthemouse71
Matt@WDWR
M4travels
mandysmom
momof3poohlovers
meduck
M-I-C-K-E-Y
mjbradeis
mlholster
msteddom
MyMuse
Nicsmom
NikkiLovesWDW!
nunzia
peppers
phisigprincess
podsnel
PrincessMonkey
Quacktatty
roselark
sfbank
shanstef
Shmily1
SingingMUA
Sk8Leigh
so_oregon
Stitch's O'hana
SunnieRN
tazgirl1981
tflood
Tink127
Tink313
Tramp&TheLady
Tynk13x
TyGuy
tzuhouse
wall*e2008
wdwfanva
WendyKnowlton
WriteDisney

2010 Members
No one yet!

(If you've just found us, welcome! Please do not PM me @PrincessMonkey re: this list.) Instead, please post your reply on this thread if you have decided to join D23 or not, and continue to share your stories with us.

I just did it to. I don't know if it will be worth it, but I really wanted to be a Charter Member. I don't know if I will reapply next year. I bought the pin and the long sleeve shirt. I really am excited. I know I will not go to the convention, but that okay with me.

My fiance and I typically visit Orlando from Chicago, and we are annual passholders for WDW, but I am thinking about attending our Disney EXPO in Anaheim due to the special events and guests. Fingers crossed that Disney will extend a discount to at least one guest of the D23 member to the EXPO.

The "Disney twenty-three" magazine costs $15.95 per issue (for non-members), and it looks very promising. At least I don't have to stand in line to go get it today. I was a Disney Adventurers magazine subscriber from Day 1, but I (shh!) grew out of that, and I think this membership will be a more sophisticated replacement for that one.

I have joined. It's worth noting the cost to join for us in the UK is $132.94.

It was $74.99 plus $57.95. I initially thought - oh that's a lot for one magazine and a membership card, but then of course I realised that is the price of sending the magazine 4 times in total making shipping $14.49 per issue - which actually is very reasonable indeed for international shipping, so I am happy.

I am very excited now and want to log in to buy a couple of the pins but I can't get on.

I have no interest to join that, especially at that price. I don't think it's worth it.

I'd like to join but I don't have the $82 right now.. :/

I got the email and joined, although I'm still not sure if it'll be worth it, but I hope so.

I will probably join since I look at it as a magazine subscription with a few perks.

Mary

You can read the newly released website here:
http://d23.disney.go.com/

Three cheers for D23!

I just purchased my D23 membership. I am so excited! To be honest, I am even a little teary-eyed from the emotion of being a "Charter Member" of this club.

The total cost of membership on DisneyShopping.go.com with sales tax was $82. Among the benefits, this price includes an official membership certificate, membership card, discounts to the Disney Expo (think, Disney Comic-Con) as well as a 1-year subscription to the quarterly magazine that "provides a stunning, inside look at the world of Disney worlds."
I was in the Disney Store today and the magazine was on sale for $15.99, so you do not need to be a member to get it.

I think I'm going to have to wait to see what the magazine is like. If the magazine is really amazing with all kinds of rare, never before seen photos and behind the scenes information previously known only to the true Disney insiders, I may go for it. But if it's just rehashing of stuff that I've already seen repeatedly in the various Disney coffee table books I've owned or information even the most casual of Disney fans knows ("Did you know Mickey Mouse was originally going to be named Mortimer?"), I'll probably pass. A mystery item, membership card/certificate/what have you, and the opportunity to buy more exclusive items in the future aren't real draws for me and I doubt I'll be able to make it to the Expo.

Just joined. I figure if you divide by a quarterly amount, yes I know it is more expensive than a Good Housekeeping monthly but I know we will enjoy it!:thumbsup2

I joined early this morning. I've been on a rant all day because of some folks complaining about the price of a couple of items, like the pens. I collect pens and have seen them go for thousands of dollars...so to each their own. It seems like there's a variety of stuff from cheap to expensive and in between, just like everywhere else...what's the harm in that? :confused3

That said, I only paid $71.58 for mine, as I found a coupon code for 10% off and it allowed it.

to me, $82 seems a little too much to spend for what seems like just a magazine. I was hoping it would be something like The Disney Club they had about 10 years ago when you got 20% discounts on trips and merchandise. The only way I would go is if they did something like that again.

to me, $82 seems a little too much to spend for what seems like just a magazine. I was hoping it would be something like The Disney Club they had about 10 years ago when you got 20% discounts on trips and merchandise. The only way I would go is if they did something like that again.

It is not JUST a magazine though. It is closer to a softcover coffee table book. And it isn't really meant to be of benefit to travelers and such. It is meant to be more of a nostalgia fan club. I personally, see no problem with the price. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything.

Others, like a PP stated, are complaining about the prices of some of the exclusive membership items. Obviously, they are not going to buy anything, so they shouldn't bother complaining about the price of the membership. The book is available without the membership if you want to buy one separately.

I am WAY excited for such a true-Disneyfied nostalgia group. It makes Disney more personal IMO. I can't wait for my D23 membership stuff to get here! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I joined too! I am so excited!! Can't wait to see what I get for my 132$ investment ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter