OFFICIAL D23 Membership available for all Disney fans--Will you join too? UPDATE

I finally finsihed my Fall Issue of "Twenty-three." The cover to cover coverage of Walt Disney World was great! It was a really, really great read and I highly recommend WDW fans who are not D23 members to pick up this issue. You will not be dissapointed.

Can't wait to see the Winter issue....should be the first week of November I think.

I have not read anything about the Winter Issue of D23. It should be out the first week of November...so I would think they would start promoting it the next week.

I am on the wait list for the Dec 11th/12th version of Magic and Merriment at Walt Disney World. Dec 9th/10th is still available...but those dates don't work for me. I won't be too sad if we don't get to go....but it might be neat if we do. Anybody have any expierience of being on the wait list for a D23 event?

Eric

Anyone attempt to purchase tickets today for the Disneyland event that included a tour of Walt's apartment on Main Street? The tickets sold out in 10 to 15 seconds!:scared1:

I actually didnt renew my membership when it expired in November:sad1: I wanted to, but money is tight and had to decide on whats a priority...I hope to be able to rejoin someday, and be able to attend an event or two.

It appears that the Disney Store on-line and D23 finally have their act together with D23 renewals. I renewed for 2012 about 10 days ago and I received my new membership kit today. In the past, its taken six to eight weeks to process renewals.

I renewed back in January and have yet to see my renewal stuff. :(

I think I'd send the Disney Store an e-mail and see if they can tell you what's going on. I had to make numerous calls last year. I didn't think I'd ever receive my renewal stuff. I swore I wouldn't renew this year but a family member gave me a Disney gift card for Christmas so I was able to renew without paying this year.

Last edited:

Forgive me if this is discussed in this thread, but I am looking to join D23. It looks like the only difference between Gold and Silver membership is the magazine. Is the magazine worth $40 per year?

Forgive me if this is discussed in this thread, but I am looking to join D23. It looks like the only difference between Gold and Silver membership is the magazine. Is the magazine worth $40 per year?

IMHO, it is. I really enjoy the magazine. If you're interested in the history of the Walt Disney Co., you'd probably enjoy the magazine. D23 usually includes extras with each issue of the magazine. For the spring 2012 issue, there is a reproduction of an animation cell included with the magazine.

D23's Sip & Scream event details released today!

Event Information

DATES October 2 & 3,

LOCATION Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida

TIME Registration begins for “Super Scream” package guests just after park closing in front of Disney’s Hollywood Studios (exact time will confirmed at a later date) on October 2, and at 9:30 a.m. at Epcot’s World ShowPlace for guests attending the one-day event on October 3.

TICKETS Available Wednesday, June 27, 10 a.m. PST.

COST $125 one-day experience; $320 for the “Super Scream” package; Please note: Theme park admission is required for October 3 and is not included with the price of admission.

Join the D23 Team as we add a Halloween twist to our annual Sip & Stroll event. This year the theme is Sip & Scream, and D23 Members are in for a spook-tacular feast of the senses!

Our evening begins Tuesday, October 2, for those guests who purchase the “Super Scream” package. Attendees are encouraged to dress up like their favorite Disney movie star or character as we hit Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a nighttime costume party! First stop is a tour of the Creative Costuming building, where guests will have a chance to see where some of Disney’s most detailed outfits are designed and constructed. Then it’s off to dinner inside The Great Movie Ride. This progressive dinner makes you the star of the show, as we wine and dine our way through the elaborate sets of this signature park attraction, stopping for drinks in the gangster’s den, dinner in the old west, and for dessert we will head “over the rainbow.”

Wednesday begins at 10 a.m. with coffee and tea provided inside World ShowPlace, where guests will be treated to presentations highlighting this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and how Disney celebrates the ghoul-iest time of the year.

Following the panels, it’s time to party! A pairing party that is, as guests will be able to sample some of the succulent new dishes being served during the festival, paired with exquisite wines to accent the flavor. Additional details on panelists and food will be provided to guests as we get closer to the event.

Beginning at 1 p.m., it’s time to take the show on the road as guests will have the opportunity to stroll World Showcase and Future World at their leisure. The hospitality suite inside The American Adventure pavilion will be open during this time, exclusively for Sip & Scream guests to relax and cool down.

At 7 p.m. it’s time to Eat to the Beat, as attendees head to the America Gardens Theater for reserved seating to see Sugar Ray (“Fly,” “Someday”) perform in concert. Following the concert, we say bonjour! to the France pavilion, where guests will enjoy a delectable dessert party and private viewing of the nighttime spectacular IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth with special “Mickey Vision” glasses. No D23 event would be complete without a few surprises and commemorative gifts. We look forward sharing this scream-tastic event with you.

From D23:

On June 17, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, will launch a massive reimagining of its D23.com website, opening up the wonderful worlds of Disney like never before to its members. The website will provide access to newly digitized content that delves deeply into The Walt Disney Company’s vault of material, past and present, along with exclusive glimpses of the future.

“We’re creating a unique destination that celebrates, in all respects, the essence of Disney,” says Steven Clark, head of D23. “We believe the new site will offer one of the most engaging Disney experiences yet—with even more to come in the future. We look forward to debuting the new D23.com to our current members as well as to new ones from around the world.”

In addition to its existing gold and silver levels, this new free level includes:
•Access to all exclusive content on D23.com
•Exclusive, limited-edition merchandise and collectibles
•Subscription to Weekly D23 FanFare E-newsletter with breaking news and special offers
•Discounted tickets to the D23 Expo 2013: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event
•Access to the Members Only content on D23.com
•An array of discounts and special offers

D23.com will continue to offer the latest Disney news free to all guests who visit the site. But D23 Members can unlock even more magic in each section by logging in and accessing content whenever a golden key is shown.

Just renewed my membership. Had let it lapse for a year. I know there used to be exclusive D23 pins available at the Pin stores ~ does anyone know if they are still available?

Thanks

Just renewed my membership. Had let it lapse for a year. I know there used to be exclusive D23 pins available at the Pin stores ~ does anyone know if they are still available?

Thanks

They have added several new pins to the D23 section of the Disney Store on-line.

Can you buy back issues of the magazine if you're a member?

At one time, back issues of D23 magazine were available on the D23 section of the Disney Store. However the magazines are no longer included on the site for order. When D23 made the magazine only available to gold members, they may have removed them from the site.

Talk about a “Bella Notte” that’s an entire weekend long! This June, D23 is bringing our popularFanniversary event into the homes of members and Disney fans around the world with Fanniversary Home Edition. This year’s inaugural home event celebrates the 60th anniversary of Disney’s classic canine love story Lady and the Tramp. Fans can join the fun by visiting D23.com/D23Fanniversary.

Starting May 29, guests can begin preparing for the party by downloading invitations, decorations, crafts, games, and even a traditional spaghetti and meatballs recipe provided by the talented chefs of The Chew.

Then from June 12–14 it’s time to party! Throughout the weekend, D23 will unveil new and classic content on D23.com about the animated favorite, including:

• A new video featuring original artwork from the Animation Research Library
  • A series of the original “Scamp” comics
  • A gallery of Lady and the Tramp items from the Walt Disney Archives
  • Features full of fun facts about the film, including a piece by Disney music historian Randy Thornton looking at the development of the movie’s beloved songs
  • A story on Walt Disney’s own dogs and how they influenced some of his movies
Plus, fans are encouraged to join the conversation on D23’s social media using the hashtag #D23Fanniversary (follow “DisneyD23″ on all platforms). One of the many downloadables will be a “selfie station” where fans can pose as the film’s canine couple enjoying a plate of pasta at Tony’s Restaurant, and then upload their shots on social media. Throughout the weekend, D23 also invites fans to post “Dogglegangers”—photos of their own pooches who look like the dynamic dogs from the film—and share stories of dogs they have adopted.

Fans are encouraged to watch the beloved film all weekend long. And for those who would like to watch as one big group, at 5 p.m. PDT on Saturday, June 13, D23 encourages fans around the world to hit “play” on their DVD, Blu-ray, or digital device to kick off the largest Lady and the Tramp viewing party ever. Follow on Twitter, as D23 will be live tweeting out fun facts, commentary, and questions for the audience.

Lady and the Tramp, which had its premiere on June 16, 1955, tells the story of Lady, a young cocker spaniel from a “respectable” home, who falls in love with Tramp, a mutt who lives in the railroad yards. The idea for the film came from a short story by Ward Greene entitled “Happy Dan, the Whistling Dog.” The film stars such voice talents as Barbara Luddy as Lady; Larry Roberts as Tramp; and Peggy Lee as Darling, the Siamese cats, and Peg, the show dog.

D23 member special events for 2016:

• January 29: D23 Behind-the-Scenes Experience, TBA, Burbank, Calif.
  • February 20: Alice in Wonderland, Burbank, Calif.
  • March 18: Lunch with a Disney Legend: Charlie Ridgway, Walt Disney World Resort
  • March 19: Alice in Wonderland, Walt Disney World Resort
  • April 8: Lunch with a Disney Legend: TBA, Burbank, Calif.
  • April 9: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives, Burbank, Calif.
  • April 20: D23 Member Night at Newsies—On Tour, Portland, Ore.
  • May 21: Finding Nemo, Walt Disney World Resort
  • June 4: Finding Nemo, Burbank, Calif.
  • June 8: D23 Member Night at Newsies—On Tour, Salt Lake City, Utah
  • June 25: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives, Burbank, Calif.
  • July 18: D23 Behind-the-Scenes Experience, TBA, Burbank, Calif.
  • August 20: The Reluctant Dragon 75th anniversary screening event, Burbank, Calif.
  • September 23: Lunch with a Disney Legend: TBA, Walt Disney World Resort
  • September 24: Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Walt Disney World Resort
  • Fall: D23 Disney Fanniversary Celebration: Beauty and the Beast, more info coming in 2016
  • October 8: Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Burbank, Calif.
  • October 22: Sip & Scream, Walt Disney World Resort
  • November 18: Lunch with a Disney Legend: TBA, Burbank, Calif.
  • November 19: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives, Burbank, Calif.

D23 Destination D: Amazing Adventures

The two-day event will take place November 19 and 20, 2016, at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World Resort.

Since Walt Disney first brought his groundbreaking True-Life Adventures to the big screen, adventure has played a pivotal role in Disney entertainment, from the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean to the new planet of Pandora, which will soon be unveiled at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This year, members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club are invited to join the excitement at D23 Destination D: Amazing Adventures, a celebration of these landmarks of the past, present, and future. The two-day event will take place November 19 and 20, 2016 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World Resort.

Presenters and panelists include Disney Legends Marty Sklar and Tony Baxter; Walt Disney Imagineers Joe Rohde, Chris Merritt, Jason Grandt, and Wyatt Winter; producer Don Hahn (The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast); and Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline—and more to be announced.*

Mickey’s of Glendale, the famed Walt Disney Imagineering store, returns to the event with a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Imagineering merchandise as well as limited-edition pins, T-shirts, and collectibles themed to the event.

Highlights of D23 DESTINATION D: AMAZING ADVENTURES will include*:

• New Walt Disney World Adventures: From Soarin’ Around the World to Rivers of Light—Get an insider’s glimpse into the latest experiences across Walt Disney World Resort as Disney Imagineers provide a behind-the-scenes look at new and upcoming entertainment.
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Evolving a New Species of Theme Park—Explore the origins and incredible evolution of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, from early concepts to up-close looks at new enhancements to be discovered at the park.
  • Magic Journeys: 45 Years of Walt Disney World Adventures—Celebrate the 45th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort with a nostalgic journey through some of the Vacation Kingdom’s most unique and fondly-remembered adventures!
  • A Look Back at Walt Disney’s True-Life Adventures—Join Disney historians on an expedition through the landmark True-Life Adventure series, which earned the Disney Studio eight Academy Awards®!
  • The Art and Adventures of Marc Davis—Discover the adventurous artwork of artist, animator, and Disney Legend Marc Davis with Walt Disney Imagineering Senior Production Designer Chris Merritt, who is authoring a new book on the Disney Legend.
The weekend event will take place in the convention center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Tickets go on sale April 21, 2016, and are $190 each for D23 Gold and Gold Family Members. Tickets are also available to D23 General Members for $250 per ticket. All guests will receive a special gift created exclusively for the event, and attendees are guaranteed seats at all panels and presentations. A limited number of Wilderness Explorer VIP tickets will be available featuring early shopping, an exclusive evening experience on November 18, reserved seating for all presentations, a special gift bag, exclusive collectibles, and more.

Specially priced rooms and theme park tickets will be available to D23 Members who purchase Destination D tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter