Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

Today is the first of 2 Castle-less Mondays. :sad1:

I'm not too upset, my local station has a locally produced program on in the Castle time slot tonight. They tend to show the Castle episodes at 3 am Wedneday morning when they do that.

No, there is no episode at all this week - new or repeat. Here in NY, we're getting a replay of "Secrets and Lies".

Happy 6th Anniversary, Castle! No new episode to celebrate with tonight, so I'll have to watch some on my own!

Good episode tonight. Lots of twists, I had no idea who did it.

promo for next week's Ryan - centric episode:

My feelings on "Hong Kong Hustle" - basically, it was a good episode, but not a great one. It did have some nice moments between Kate & Rick, and the crime was interesting. But I had a hard time believing the killer was the killer.

I loved:
Ryan calling then the "Castles"
When Kate was taking her lumps from Gates, and Zhang telling Castle she should go in there. Rick replies, "She's used to taking a bullet for people doing stupid things - hell, she's married to me."
When Castle introduces himself to Zhang, and says that he is looking forward to the threesome - investigatively - and then starts stumbling over himself, and Kate says "quit while your behind"
Ryan & Espo sitting Castle down to discuss stuff - then Castle says "this is my third marriage", and Ryan answers "Richard"
The sweet story of how Inspector Zhang met the victim
Most of Rick's reactions to Beckett
And the ending scene in their bedroom. Loved her comparing stuff to him killing off Derrick Storm, him mentioning liking how that turned out. Loved her saying that she doesn't want to leave anything behind. And his "you cannot leave behind what is always along side you." Then her "that was better than Patterson", and the hair flip

Few other things I liked:
their discussion at the beginning about her classmate, and then when they first got to the crime scene about how she's fallen behind.
Liked his theories of what was stolen - cold fusion, super bug and a new Harry Potter manuscript.
Their discussion at the restaurant of the super cop
Their discussion and her realization that she was insecure, and it's the first time since she had pimples that she was insecure

and a few other things:
that was at least the third time an out of town cop tried to investigate on their own (the other two being The Limey & The Way of the Ninja).

And was anyone shocked that the super cop didn't have it all together? I know I wasn't.

Wonder what's on Kate's priority list?

Another two ex-Trekkies to add to the list

I found it interesting that she said that she "left" the AG task force job. Yes, it was her choice to leak the info she did, but she was fired. I do think that she would have left the job anyway, but if we're being technical, she was fired.

I thought the killer was a bit too timid but it was a good twist.

Like I said, a good episode, but not a great one, or one I'll go out of my way to watch again. Maybe a B or a B+.

Next week's looks good - I love Kevin so I am always happy when it's a Kevin-centric episode.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter