Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

Hmmmmm...interesting thought. But there are times I've felt that Kelly is really 3XK, not Tyson.

Right? This is why a part of me wants them to get away. Because they are so freaking interesting!

Right? This is why a part of me wants them to get away. Because they are so freaking interesting!

I'm thinking they might kill them or send them to jail. The story thread has been going on almost as long as finding and putting away Bracken. Now they have the Rick vanishing for 2 months storyline.

I'm thinking they might kill them or send them to jail. The story thread has been going on almost as long as finding and putting away Bracken. Now they have the Rick vanishing for 2 months storyline.

Well, the Bracken story technically was from the beginning, and they finished it last year. (or is it finished? who knows?) So who knows?

https://tvline.com/gallery/empire-cookie-quote-anika-this-is-an-***/#!31/tyson-castle-quote/

I was on the edge of my seat the whole show. The entire cast and everyone really knocked it out of the park tonight!!! Nathan especially did an outstanding job. Can't wait to watch it again and again!

I was on the edge of my seat the whole show. The entire cast and everyone really knocked it out of the park tonight!!! Nathan especially did an outstanding job. Can't wait to watch it again and again!

Me too. Just a great episode from beginning to end. This is the best two part episode for me as well, both parts were so well done.

One thing that got me (that isn't giving too much away) but when Martha left and she called Rick "Baby". That got me right in the heart.

Maybe I missed it in previous episodes, but the Buick product placement was very obvious in Part 2.

Show front grill badge.
Show display with "Buick Wi-Fi Hot Spot" after Castle's phone had no signal.
"I really like the huge trunk."
Show "Regal" name tag when trunk closes.

Methinks that Castle would not drive a Buick Regal.

Maybe I missed it in previous episodes, but the Buick product placement was very obvious in Part 2.

Show front grill badge.

I think he has it because it is one of the new WiFi enabled cars. He does love his gadgets. And they showed it in one of the PI shows - I, Witness.

Show front grill badge.

Worse, it said CASTLE'S Wi-fi Hotspot. Great, way to announce yourself with your hotspot. sheesh.

This is going to be long.....my feelings on "Reckoning"

First of all, I thought it was great - probably a top ten episode for me. This is now my favorite 2 part episode as well, edging out "Tick, Tick, Tick" and "Boom" from season 2. Not a light and fluffy episode, but a totally suspense full episode - I normally do other things while I watch TV, but not on Monday, not during this episode- I had to watch every minute.

Favorite parts:

Of course, the last two scenes - the one in the precinct & the one at home. Loved the choice for us not to hear the clapping. Loved the way he physically supported her as well as emotionally. Loved the two Castle/Gates hugs. Loved her big smile and their big hug when they found out where he would serve his 1000 hours of community service. (which I had guessed would happen, but it still was fun) Then the scene at home - the discussion of him missing 2 months/her 2 days and what it meant to both of them. His solution for seeing Tyson when he closes his eyes. And of course, loved her "thanks for coming after me" and his "always".

Nathan Fillion hit it out of the dramatic park - he was amazing. He really is underrated as a dramatic actor. Early in the episode, when he was trying to get the captain to do something NOW, the way he said "she's my wife" just got me. And the scene between him & Tyson at the end - wow.

Loved that Kate was not a damsel in distress. Loved the look on Kate's face when she surprised Nieman. We didn't see Kate until a half hour in - just like Rick in the first episode - and she didn't have a lot of lines, but boy oh boy did Stana Katic own them. What she did with her face, her eyes and her body language.

Loved the scene between Rick & Kevin when they discussed what happened in that hotel room. Loved that Rick could forgive Kevin and himself. The two actors have really nice chemistry, and it showed in that scene.

The scene when Gates brings him coffee and tells him about how she didn't understand what Kate saw in him.

The fact that they used Kate's appearance on the news when he went missing for the "phone call" - Rick looked like he'd been punched in the gut

The raid on the abandoned property - Espo telling Rick to stay behind them because Tyson would be gunning for him - the woman in the chair - "Kate" telling them it's a trap - Rick yelling out "Beckett, no!" - then the long commercial break - then Rick going over to the body and discovering it isn't Kate. Now of course, I knew it wasn't her but boy was that a scary scene.

The scene between Rick & Tyson in his apartment when it's just the two of them - woah! Rick asking him if he did this for revenge or because they were happy, pulling the gun, the way he said "so help me God", and the look Tyson gave Rick when the cops broke in - creepy.

the scene at the loft - poor Martha and Alexis. It was a little weird that we didn't hear them say anything about Kate, but it was a quick scene. Martha calling him "baby" did get to me.

It was interesting seeing Marcus Gates again.

I did think it was weird that Rick was talking to himself. At first, I thought we were hearing his thoughts, but then we saw his lips moving. Loved how they showed us what really happened.

When Rick got to that house, I figured something was up - it was just a little too nice.

Loved that Espo took the shot.

Loved the "are we clear?" "is what clear?" "then take the shot". I was worried that Tyson might have worn a bullet proof vest, but then I figured he's too arrogant. But that was an interesting death scene. Loved that Tyson was dressed a lot like Rick, too. Loved that whole scene, actually.

I thought the product placement was kind of funny, especially when he told Amy to get in the trunk. And by the way, if you look closely, Amy is in the elevator behind Beckett & Castle, so someone did take her out of the trunk.

So a great episode for me. Robert Duncan's music was fantastic, it really added to the overall suspenseful feel of it. While I am glad they are dead, I will miss Tyson and Nieman - they were delightfully evil. And I will miss Nathan Fillion and Michael Mosley doing scenes together - they've all been great.

Interesting fact: Jon Huertas worked with Michael Mosley and Lee Torgesen (Marcus Gates) in an HBO mini-series, Generation Kill.

Next week, a fluffy episode - "The Wrong Stuff". I think I need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter