Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

That was excellent, and might even be Emmy material for someone depending on how the competition shakes out. I've always thought that Dever has some of the best real acting chops in this cast, and I think this episode bears that out.

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when Ryan called Castle out as part of his "crew" and Castle just kind of went "uh, me?" I guess Kate didn't loan him her extra piece this time!* However, it was a VERY flattering gesture on Ryan's part.

I liked the Jordan story, and though I also guessed it was about a person, I *did* at least get it right that it had to do with an unsettling dream about a childhood incident. What's that worth, a quarter of a point? ;) I chuckled at Kate saying she would just ask him in his sleep; that actually does work on some people.

(*Speaking of Kate's personal gun, I had wondered why she loaned it to Castle last time (in Scared to Death), and then I realized -- the Castle Doctrine, of course! In NJ would have been a defensible shooting if Castle used it to defend the homeowner's life against an intruder while they were both inside the residence. It was a special circumstance. Of course, I also wonder now whether Marlowe did that on purpose or if it was just dumb luck that it was written that way. :scratchin )

Oh, and one last funny item from our house: we own Mr. Whiskers! He is the oddest-looking white-rat hand puppet -- one of my sisters gave him to my DD as kind of a joke, but DD thinks he's adorable. He's named Silky Rat in our house, btw.

A few points about Kate giving Rick the gun:
There's also a Kingston in NY, so who knows which state that cabin was in.

Rick shot 2 different bad "guys" in the 4 1/2 seasons of the show - the serial killer in season 2, and the female baddie in episode 1 of season 3. Both times he had Kate's back up piece. And both times they were in NY. He does have some kind of license, because he complained once about someone getting a certain kind of gun license that "even I couldn't get".

And last but not least, it is a TV show, so I kinda doubt that the writers worry about what law is what.

Just saw this on Twitter:

According to new press releases, there will be a repeat of "Target" and "Hunt" airing on Saturday, April 20th. Back to back, 9-11p.m.

This one was too much fun! And the idea of "Bigfoot" in 2 weeks is looking to be pretty funny.

Some quick comments (I've only watched it once - well, I watched certain parts again this morning) --

1. Loved Martha calling her "Katherine", just like the way she calls him "Richard". Must be thinking of Kate as part of the family

2. Loved the guys posing as Angels for Rick.

3. Kate looked so beautiful in that dress! and her hair!

4. loved how Rick was able to help Kate solve the case

There's a lot more that I loved, but I want to watch again to make sure I get everything. But I think that is now my favorite episode!

So you think that's why she was calling her Katherine? I thought it was an odd departure, as Martha has routinely been calling her Kate since "Cops & Robbers" (4x07).

I can see "Richard" being different for her than "Kate" -- after all, she chose "Richard", and if there is anything we know about on the DIS, it's Moms who hate other people adultering the names they choose for their children. ;)
(Darned if I know what the Alexander part is about, but "Richard Rodgers" was, of course, the Rodgers half of Rodgers & Hart and Rodgers & Hammerstein. It would be totally in character for Martha to name her son after her favorite Broadway producer.)

My best guess AFTER I watched the ep was that Martha did it to remind Kate that she was now "on", but I really don't know. (Though it was funny in the reveal scene how she had the "cast" come out for their curtain call -- in traditional reverse order of importance, LOL.)

Typically for me, the one issue was how they would insure that he was actually watching the action at the proper time -- I decided that they must have rigged a webcam near the loft windows for Martha's crew to monitor.

PS: About the dress. That was also from Rear Window in a manner of speaking -- it was designed to be reminiscent of the black chiffon dress worn by Grace Kelly in the film:

11.jpg

PPS: I'm wondering if we shouldn't be spelling Katharine with an A. According to Marlowe, the character's middle name is Houghton, and she is named after that OTHER Kate whose middle name was Houghton: Katharine Hepburn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter